• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So here we are again...

Aussie respect to you sir but cherry picking Brady situation is disingenuous

Blitz- one example is Richard Seymour

Steelers have been coasting for a long time... Over a decade

Aussie respect to you sir but cherry picking Brady situation is disingenuous

Blitz- one example is Richard Seymour

Steelers have been coasting for a long time... Over a decade
So you are talking trading players before they break down? I sorta agree with that.
Not a franchise qb. But I could see it for others.
That bad part would be to have someone you have cheered on for years on another team

Agree Blitz

the level of competition is super high now. Look at clowns and how bad they always are & you can directly attribute failure to their drafting and contracts. What did Watson ever do to deserve his contract? Jokes about massages welcome. Bungles same deal they were bad forever until a few years ago when they nailed the draft 3 years in a row. Then back to being bad until they hit on Burrow and still not great but amazing compared to how they've been since I was a kid. Baltimore kills the game by not only drafting a QB no one else wanted but making changes to ensure his success. Bold teams win championships then there's a bunch of teams happy in the middle at 500 and then another dozen teams at the bottom. Why does Baltimore have roquan smith? Why do chargers have Mack? Name more players-

Unless you're Rich Eisen, then it's amazing and we're idiot for even suggesting a new HC.

Rich Eisen can kiss my ***. If this was a new story, then he may be right, but this movie had been playing for a long time.

We need a new flick with a better ending.

It’s quite the conundrum, I’ll always cheer for the Steelers, but a win Saturday is a 10 win season and that probably means a fat extension for Tomlin and a lot of traction in getting one of his in-house minions hired on as the new OC

Leading to many years of the 7 seed being the “standard”

It’s quite the conundrum, I’ll always cheer for the Steelers, but a win Saturday is a 10 win season and that probably means a fat extension for Tomlin and a lot of traction in getting one of his in-house minions hired on as the new OC

Leading to many years of the 7 seed being the “standard”

Man I hope not. If they keep him ,then please bring in fresh blood from the outside for OC&DC. And let them do their jobs.

I would gladly trade some of these bullshit mediocre years for a few losing seasons ,if it got us back to going DEEP in the playoffs routinely. It's literally football no man's land for a decade plus. You neither move forward or back.

....but a win Saturday is a 10 win season and that probably means a fat extension for Tomlin and a lot of traction in getting one of his in-house minions hired on as the new OC.
That ship completed its journey last Sunday. We can watch, or not watch. Unfortunately.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why everyone says the stuck with Ben to long, or they were stuck with him. He threw for 5100+ yards and 34 TD's the year before he blew his elbow out, why they hell would you get rid of him after a season like that? Then after his elbow surgery, he threw for 3800+ and 33 TD's in 15 games.
Because when he was playoff productive was when he was still mobile. Remember in the jags playoff game where he threw like 4 picks early? He could no longer "scramble" receivers open. When you took away that part of his game he wasn't the same. He didn't start off as a pocket passer/great scheme QB, and even though he evolved partly into one with Haley's help it still came back to haunt him late. He was what he was...doesn't matter how many yards he threw for, those between the ears deficiencies could no longer be compensated for with athletic ability. Brady or Rodgers he never was.

And many, many, of those yards have more to do with AB than Ben. I know that's not popular to say, but the truth seldom is.

Yards are worst measure of QB and OP knows that

Great you threw for 5000 yards and 19 picks and got 9 wins or whatever no thanks

Man I hope not. If they keep him ,then please bring in fresh blood from the outside for OC&DC. And let them do their jobs.

I would gladly trade some of these bullshit mediocre years for a few losing seasons ,if it got us back to going DEEP in the playoffs routinely. It's literally football no man's land for a decade plus. You neither move forward or back.
Yup

The more success Tomlin has the easier it is for the organization to resist the changes that half to be made to make us a team with a chance to compete for a championship

there are many times this season I’ve had to stop myself from hoping the offense in particular falls flat on its face to force real change, it’s a weird feeling compared to being in the edge of my seat praying for success for so many years before

Only way Shades leaves, and I wouldn’t rule it out, is if the FO tells him they’re firing his coaching staff full of buddies and he doesn’t have any say in hiring new people (they should). Further, he WILL let the OC C the O and the DC C the D. Will that happen? Dunno, but it should. That will be the only to run him off.
What is the point in doing that?

If he is not good enough to do his job, then why keep him around?

The thing about your idea of trading Ben is you are making that trade in HINDSIGHT. That makes things soooooooo much easier, I don’t know why more owners don’t do that.

He's good at leading, not x&o . Good leaders surround themselves by the right people that can be great at things he isn't
Then they change his position to cheerleader coach and have him field a squad.

You then hire a new HC that can do the job. You NEVER leave someone in charge and take away all their responsibilities. That is a recipe for disaster of epic proportions.

Good leaders are those that recognize their weaknesses and hire people to cover those areas and allow them to do their jobs. Tomlin is NOT nor has he ever been that “Good” leader. His record proves out that he at best, was a marginal leader in over his head. Those are the type of leaders you move on from.

What is the point in doing that?

If he is not good enough to do his job, then why keep him around?
The Steelers don’t fire head coaches and it would be a bad look for the namesakes of the Rooney Rule.

Another clown with the belicheat nonsense

If you can't recognize a better organization from top to bottom you're hopeless MTFORG

Another clown with the belicheat nonsense

If you can't recognize a better organization from top to bottom you're hopeless MTFORG
It’s like this.
Belicheat won everything he won with Brady and Ernie Adams. After those two left, he wasn’t as successful. That said, with a two win team he still handed Tomlin his ***. Which I totally expected. He’s like 14-3 against Shades and in two of those wins Brady didn’t play. Belicheat on his worst day would still beat Shades. Shades (and Cowher) never beat Belicheat in a game that mattered.

It’s like this.
Belicheat won everything he won with Brady and Ernie Adams. After those two left, he wasn’t as successful. That said, with a two win team he still handed Tomlin his ***. Which I totally expected. He’s like 14-3 against Shades and in two of those wins Brady didn’t play. Belicheat on his worst day would still beat Shades. Shades (and Cowher) never beat Belicheat in a game that mattered.

Bingo! Now that system died when Adams retired and Brady left. Billiecheat is back to being the same ****** coach he was when he coached the Browns.

And his ****** 2-10 team still beat the Steelers.