• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So he's gay...does anyone care?

The actual gay population is around 5%, maybe 6.... but that includes bisexuals who were listed as gay at one time but are currently in straight relationships too... most of in in depth breakdowns have it around 4 percent on the high bias side...
there aren’t any common genetic markers for it so the amount of gay players in the nfl could be higher or lower... there is no way to tell...

just to be in the NFL you are already a physical outlier, so to assume that the normal % would apply to this already unique group is very unlikely. Also, the league is probably 80% black. What % of the black population is gay? I believe it's lower.

There likely are a few more gay players but i'd guess it really is a low number for all the reasons i've stated. Today, i think players will stay in the closet not because they are afraid of being ostracized by teammates, but because they know the media will then try to make them a story, force them to get involved in political movements, ask their opinion on any gay topic. I'd bet there are guys staying silent just because they want to play football without the distractions.

to sum, no one gives a **** if someone is gay or not - except for the homophobes on the Left who believe gay people are incapable of building a life for themselves.

I have no desire to break it down because I don't have the data of the poll that was taken. Breaking down the race and gender is literally common sense when working with these types of percentages.. how is that being full of **** lol. You're lost in this conversation. Stick to just the topic of LGBT, don't get into the numbers.

At least you learned.. that's a start. Now read up more on how numbers and percentages work.

It's not about what I believe or don't believe, I'm literally telling you how percentages put together. A percentage based on a poll of people is still more factual or relevant than what you believe or think. Sorry.

Goodluck on your quest to find the number of gays in the NFL.
Unfortunately, I see that your reading comprehension is still at the elementary school level. I've already said that there is no exact answer. That's why I threw a wide estimate out there between 40 and 170 based loosely on the general population, after you proclamation that there is no evidence of many gay NFL players. I don't know what the number is, but rest assured it's many more than one. You can't seem to understand this relatively simple concept.

YOU, however, also said: "The number would be very low once it was broken down fully." But now, mysteriously, when asked to prove your own statement, you have every excuse in the book to not do so. That's why you're full of ****.

Good luck on your quest to read and understand English.

After I corrected your 10% estimate, you pointed to Kinsey to support the claim. The Kinsey theory has been debunked, as I pointed out with evidence in the follow on post.

You have made the claim 10% of America is gay, then subsequently tried to support it.
Wrong again. I didn't point to Kinsey, I pointed to David Spiegelhalter, who wrote the article I posted. Along with a complete book on the subject.

Not trying to stir the pot, well maybe. Who is it that generally accepts this number? To say something is generally accepted would assume that the statement given is indeed correct. BTW, I have no idea what the numbers are.
General acceptance is a broad term. Even if something is generally accepted, it still doesn't make it correct. For example: A Gallup poll in 2019 indicated that U.S. adults believe that 23.6% of the population is gay or lesbian. Similar polls in 2011 and 2015 yielded percentages of 24.6 and 23.2, respectively. 2017 Gallup numbers indicate that 4.5% self-identify, so likely the true number is a bit higher than that...but not known.

What we do know is that clearly at least two guys in this thread don't generally accept that 10% number. Which is fine. Which, again, is why I prefaced my original statement with a bunch of "ifs."

There have been only 16 players in NFL history to openly admit being gay.

Even if that number was was quadrupled to account for those who kept their gayness to themselves, it's still a small number.

No way are 10% of NFL football players gay.
Not sure where you got your number of 16 open admissions, but we'll run with it.

26,682 players have suited up for an NFL game...so you're telling me that you believe the number is less than 6 hundredths of 1%? And less than a quarter of 1%, even if every single one came out?

Wow. Just wow.

Wrong again. I didn't point to Kinsey, I pointed to David Spiegelhalter, who wrote the article I posted. Along with a complete book on the subject.

Yah...you directly pointed to Kinsey:

1625113104978.png

Not sure where you got your number of 16 open admissions, but we'll run with it.

26,682 players have suited up for an NFL game...so you're telling me that you believe the number is less than 6 hundredths of 1%? And less than a quarter of 1%, even if every single one came out?

Wow. Just wow.
Yeseree!

That 16 number...

A funny thing...

Once upon a time the word "gay" meant happy. Gaiety = joyfulness. Today you can't use that word to describe that emotion.

Enter the word "partner" .
My work involves travel. So here I am training another guy to do my job and I find myself avoiding using the word "partner" in front of my customers.... because today "partner" is so commonly used to imply one's sexual partner, or the person you share your life with....and I'm not a ****.
I used to say "my partner" all the time. Now I catch myself. Been going with "my associate" or "my trainee".

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I see that your reading comprehension is still at the elementary school level. I've already said that there is no exact answer. That's why I threw a wide estimate out there between 40 and 170 based loosely on the general population, after you proclamation that there is no evidence of many gay NFL players. I don't know what the number is, but rest assured it's many more than one. You can't seem to understand this relatively simple concept.

YOU, however, also said: "The number would be very low once it was broken down fully." But now, mysteriously, when asked to prove your own statement, you have every excuse in the book to not do so. That's why you're full of ****.

Good luck on your quest to read and understand English.
Lol you still don't understand how % are gathered then...you just can't wrap your head around it and that's fine.

The number would be many more than 1?? Haha again, based on what?

Thanks for the laughs, bud.

Go listen to comedians 20 years ago compared to today. That'll give ya an idea.
Like when Eddie Murphy observed 35-40 years ago that "it would be some embarrasin' **** to get beat up by a ******?"

I doubt he could conceive of being sacked or thrown for a loss by one in his view of the world.

Times change.

Last edited:
A funny thing...

Once upon a time the word "gay" meant happy. Gaiety = joyfulness. Today you can't use that word to describe that emotion.

Enter the word "partner" .
My work involves travel. So here I am training another guy to do my job and I find myself avoiding using the word "partner" in front of my customers.... because today "partner" is so commonly used to imply one's sexual partner, or the person you share your life with....and I'm not a ****.
I used to say "my partner" all the time. Now I catch myself. Been going with "my associate" or "my trainee".
That's precisely why Noah Webster spent 20+ years compiling the "Webster's 1828 American Dictionary" because he felt the Constitutional Republic required accurate meanings of words. He publicly took a columnist to task for using "democracy" instead of "Republic" and knew that demagogues would first try to subvert the language before subverting the Republic.

Look up "marriage" in a 1828 Dictionary for example and see that it was Biblically-defined.

According to the 1828 dictionary "gay" does mean "joyfulness" and Nassib would be somewhere in the "S's" between "Soda" and "Sofa."

Per the Webster's 1828:

"Gay" = "Merry; airy; jovial; sportive; frolicksome. It denotes more life and animation than cheerful."

"Sodomite" = "1. An inhabitant of Sodom. 2. One guilty of sodomy."

"Sodomy" = "A crime against nature."

So, the words first had to change. Or be changed.

"Marriage" = "The act of uniting a man and woman for life; wedlock; the legal union of a man and woman for life. Marriage is a contract both civil and religious, by which the parties engage to live together in mutual affection and fidelity, till death shall separate them. Marriage was instituted by God himself for the purpose of preventing the promiscuous intercourse of the sexes, for promoting domestic felicity, and for securing the maintenance and education of children."

So of course they also had to change the meanings to make the State responsible for the maintenance and education of children (a plank of Communist Manifesto)

Now they're dirtying up "partner."

Yah...you directly pointed to Kinsey:

View attachment 5488
Um, nah, I didn't directly point to Kinsey.

Kinsey didn't write the article. I provided a contemporary source who wrote about the 10% number being fairly accurate. Not sure what you don't understand about the difference.

Lol you still don't understand how % are gathered then...you just can't wrap your head around it and that's fine.

The number would be many more than 1?? Haha again, based on what?

Thanks for the laughs, bud.
Clearly, there's one of us who doesn't understand percentages. Do you have a mirror?

I guess before Nassib came out, it would have been impossible for you to wrap your head around there being any current gay players. Because, you know, no one had admitted it. Therefore, there couldn't possibly be even one, right?

You have to be the most dense ************ I've ever come across on this site. And that's saying something.

Um, nah, I didn't directly point to Kinsey.

Kinsey didn't write the article. I provided a contemporary source who wrote about the 10% number being fairly accurate. Not sure what you don't understand about the difference.

You referenced it. Directly or indirectly. Threw it out here. I'm going to always correct misinformation. That 10% figure is misinformation.

Great, so it's actually 10 guys out of the 26,682 who have suited up for an NFL game. 0.00037%. Sure, sounds about right. lol

Back up. I never expressed what I believed the percentage was, only that I thought it was small.

I made it clear the the 16 number are those that came out.

To hypothetically account for those players afraid to come out of the closet, lets say that the actual number of homos in NFL history quadrupled the 16 number to 64. Wouldn't that still be a small percentage?

Last edited:
Estimating the percentage of gays in the NFL based on the percentage of gays in the general public is silly.

The percentage of the population that are gay include lesbians correct ? I'm not aware of any women who were on an NFL roster.

Last edited:
Estimating the percentage of gays in the NFL based on the percentage of gays in the general public is silly.

The percentage of the population that are gay include lesbians correct ? I'm not aware of any women who were on an NFL roster.

t*mmyb*y both catagories.!

A-N-D

100%

Salute the nation

t*mmyb*y both catagories.!

A-N-D

100%

Salute the nation
incorrect. your statement suggests TommyBoy licks gina.
its highly doubtful that TommyBoy licks gina.