• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So he's gay...does anyone care?

Gee, Tim, you asked for a source, and I gave you one.

At the very start, I said take a quarter of 10% if you don't believe it to be accurate. Which is 2.5%. Which is less than the number in all of your little links there. Which would still equate to over 40 homosexual NFL players. Which seems to be the point you're missing.

I'm not missing any point. I'm not addressing your NFL points, #s of NFL players that are gay or anything.

I am addressing one thing you said and one thing only (nothing else). You said it is estimated that ~10% of the US population is gay.

That's inaccurate and I am correcting it.

You avoided my first question, but feel free to break down the percentages for me so I can follow. I'd love to see the final number you actually come up with.
Lol avoided what? Your assumption is there are more LGBT people than who identify, so you think the best way to come up with accurate %'s is by assuming there are more than who are identifying as such and just pull a number out of the air? That's not how %'s work, unless you just want to build a false narrative which seems to be the popular thing to do today. So go ahead and use your make believe numbers.. whatever makes you feel better.

I have no desire to break down that percentage cause I don't really care but I just wanted to make sure you knew how %s work lol.. cause you saying 10% of the country means 10% of the NFL is scary dumb.

Last edited:
I'm not missing any point. I'm not addressing your NFL points, #s of NFL players that are gay or anything.

I am addressing one thing you said and one thing only (nothing else). You said it is estimated that ~10% of the US population is gay.

That's inaccurate and I am correcting it.
No, Tim, you're not "correcting" ****. This is what I said:
"If 10% of the general population is homosexual (that number is generally accepted as an estimate), you're talking about 170 guys. If you don't believe that percentage is correct, or if you think that big bad football players are "straighter" than average, take a fourth of it, and it's still over 40 players."

You don't have to accept it. Although, I would venture to guess that if asked, most Americans would say 10% is reasonable. That's the number that I heard several times over many years, going back to the 80's, when I was a kid. There is no exact answer.

You can quote me all types of bullshit about percentages of who "identifies" and who doesn't. But common sense would dictate that there's a great deal of homosexuals who are still in the closet, and therefore not registering in your various poll numbers.

And for future reference, this is the football forum, so addressing football points would be much more apt.

Lol avoided what? Your assumption is there are more LGBT people than who identify, so you think the best way to come up with accurate %'s is by assuming there are more than who are identifying as such and just pull a number out of the air? That's not how %'s work, unless you just want to build a false narrative which seems to be the popular thing to do today. So go ahead and use your make believe numbers.. whatever makes you feel better.

I have no desire to break down that percentage cause I don't really care but I just wanted to make sure you new how %s work lol.. cause you saying 10% of the country means 10% of the NFL is scary dumb.
So...you wouldn't make that assumption? Talk about scary dumb, boy. I understand how percentages work. I never said 10% of the NFL was homosexual. What's scarier and dumber is that you need some type of "evidence" that there may be a few more than one gay guy in a league that employs 1700 people.

Of course you have no desire to break it down, because you're full of ****. As usual.

So...you wouldn't make that assumption? Talk about scary dumb, boy. I understand how percentages work. I never said 10% of the NFL was homosexual. What's scarier and dumber is that you need some type of "evidence" that there may be a few more than one gay guy in a league that employs 1700 people.

Of course you have no desire to break it down, because you're full of ****. As usual.
Lol like I said.. whatever number of gays in the league that makes you happy.. go with that number.

Also here's your quote "There's nearly 1700 players on active NFL rosters. If 10% of the general population is homosexual (that number is generally accepted as an estimate), you're talking about 170 guys. If you don't believe that percentage is correct, or if you think that big bad football players are "straighter" than average, take a fourth of it, and it's still over 40 players."

Just to clarify, 10% of the US is not equivalent to 10% of the NFL. Clearly, you think that's how it works. Hopefully you learned something from this topic.

I have no desire to break it down because I don't have the data of the poll that was taken. Breaking down the race and gender is literally common sense when working with these types of percentages.. how is that being full of **** lol. You're lost in this conversation. Stick to just the topic of LGBT, don't get into the numbers.

Last edited:
Lol like I said.. whatever number of gays in the league that makes you happy.. go with that number.

Also here's your quote "There's nearly 1700 players on active NFL rosters. If 10% of the general population is homosexual (that number is generally accepted as an estimate), you're talking about 170 guys. If you don't believe that percentage is correct, or if you think that big bad football players are "straighter" than average, take a fourth of it, and it's still over 40 players."

Just to clarify, 10% of the US is not equivalent to 10% of the NFL. Clearly, you think that's how it works. Hopefully you learned something from this topic.
No, bro, you're right. Carl Nassib is the one and only gay guy in the history of the NFL. That makes much more sense.

Yes, genius, it's all right there in my quote. A lot of "ifs," isn't there? I even included your assumption that NFL players are less gay than the general population in my preamble. Clearly, even 2.5% is still too high of a number for you, but you "really don't care" to break down the percentages for me. Imagine that.

What I've learned is a) your reading comprehension sucks, and b) you're still full of ****. Just to clarify.

No, bro, you're right. Carl Nassib is the one and only gay guy in the history of the NFL. That makes much more sense.

Yes, genius, it's all right there in my quote. A lot of "ifs," isn't there? I even included your assumption that NFL players are less gay than the general population in my preamble. Clearly, even 2.5% is still too high of a number for you, but you "really don't care" to break down the percentages for me. Imagine that.

What I've learned is a) your reading comprehension sucks, and b) you're still full of ****. Just to clarify.
At least you learned.. that's a start. Now read up more on how numbers and percentages work.

It's not about what I believe or don't believe, I'm literally telling you how percentages put together. A percentage based on a poll of people is still more factual or relevant than what you believe or think. Sorry.

Goodluck on your quest to find the number of gays in the NFL.

No, Tim, you're not "correcting" ****. This is what I said:
"If 10% of the general population is homosexual (that number is generally accepted as an estimate)
Positive. Enjoy:

And again, even using estimates that you've seen, to my point, what's 3% of 1700? 6%?

After I corrected your 10% estimate, you pointed to Kinsey to support the claim. The Kinsey theory has been debunked, as I pointed out with evidence in the follow on post.

You have made the claim 10% of America is gay, then subsequently tried to support it.

"If 10% of the general population is homosexual (that number is generally accepted as an estimate)
Not trying to stir the pot, well maybe. Who is it that generally accepts this number? To say something is generally accepted would assume that the statement given is indeed correct. BTW, I have no idea what the numbers are.

Not trying to stir the pot, well maybe. Who is it that generally accepts this number? To say something is generally accepted would assume that the statement given is indeed correct. BTW, I have no idea what the numbers are.

I think they are argueing about wonderlic test scores.....................................

Pork ribs for supper, cooked just right and about to top them off with a KLONDIKE Reeses ice cream bar,.......MMMmmmm MMMmmmmm

Any QUESTION ?

Salute the nation

I think they are arguing about wonderlic test scores.....................................

Pork ribs for supper, cooked just right and about to top them off with a KLONDIKE Reeses ice cream bar,.......MMMmmmm MMMmmmmm

Any QUESTION ?

Salute the nation
How did you cook the ribs?

There have been only 16 players in NFL history to openly admit being gay.

Even if that number was was quadrupled to account for those who kept their gayness to themselves, it's still a small number.

No way are 10% of NFL football players gay.

How did you cook the ribs?
This is a little weird and I only do it once in a great while due to time constraints (it don't take long)

I have big pan and 50/50 Applecider vinigar/water and litterally steam/fry the ribs till near done (this don't take long as I higher temp them. . This helps take grease out. Then I put on BBQ medium high temp and lightly BBQ sauce them till done. About 5 min on BBQ when I flip them I crank heat to high.

I only use this methode due to very short time needed. I like applecider vinigar so I'm sure that has a factor as well. A little unconventional but then I've been know to be a little unconventional.

As for the KLONDIKE BAR it can be added at anytime in the process (i don't recommend in the BBQ section) but I strongly recomen 17 minutes
after eating the ribs !!!!!!!

Yoiiikkkeeesss 1!!!

PS I'm ONLY talking a very small amount of ribs 1/4-1/2 serving for one and It was 9:30 by the time I got in from work to make supper and I had thawed ribs.

Salute the nation

Last edited:
I've seen the 10% estimate thrown around. The black population is about 13%. Just think for a second. Do you honestly think there are roughly the same number of gay people as black people? There is no ******* way that 10% of the population is gay. It's probably about 3% although since they keep expanding the definition, maybe it's up to 5 now but that's about it.

The actual gay population is around 5%, maybe 6.... but that includes bisexuals who were listed as gay at one time but are currently in straight relationships too... most of in in depth breakdowns have it around 4 percent on the high bias side...
there aren’t any common genetic markers for it so the amount of gay players in the nfl could be higher or lower... there is no way to tell...

I think they are argueing about wonderlic test scores.....................................

Any QUESTION ?

Salute the nation
I’m more of a fatboy ice cream sangwich guy myself.

Pork ribs huh?
Yes just one question

Hot dog or chicken?

I ha
Get a smoker.. Low and slow.. Get a masterbuilt 30" electric. Too easy. Porkbutts ribs, chicken.. tenderloins..
I have an electric pellet smoker I have used it often. Just was curious the approach he took that day.

Get a smoker.. Low and slow.. Get a masterbuilt 30" electric. Too easy. Porkbutts ribs, chicken.. tenderloins..

VERY true but Treager is pretty good as well. I think they can all do the job, no-name to Cadillac

I ha

I have an electric pellet smoker I have used it often. Just was curious the approach he took that day.

ABSOLUTELY !!! I make some pretty good crock-pot ribs also. I just had little time and big hungry the other night.

all gooid

klondike bars are then best

Salute the nation

I’m more of a fatboy ice cream sangwich guy myself.

Pork ribs huh?
Yes just one question

Hot dog or chicken?

How about chicken hot dogs....................... ? with sauerkraut ?

ALL ICE CREAM SANMICHES ARE GOOD, don't get to hung up on brand names..............................................................

ALSO I do make a BACON cooker that can do ribs & hot dogs together or separate as long as you have 1lb minimum bacon cooking at all times.

Look for the BEACON to find the BACON.

Salute the nation

How about chicken hot dogs....................... ? with sauerkraut ?

ALL ICE CREAM SANMICHES ARE GOOD, don't get to hung up on brand names..............................................................

ALSO I do make a BACON cooker that can do ribs & hot dogs together or separate as long as you have 1lb minimum bacon cooking at all times.

Look for the BEACON to find the BACON.

Salute the nation
Hard not to get hung up on brand names but those hand size ice cream sangwiches hit the spot.

Wait! You can do 2lbs of bacon?! Bro! Where you located? When’s your next cookout? Can I bring a 12 pack of booze and enjoy unlimited bacon?