• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So he's gay...does anyone care?

Oh wowee, this is going to be good.

Oh wowee, this is going to be good.

It's pretty much a conversation ender.

My favorite was Tibs saying “at the end of the day this Mateen dude will turn out to be….someone who had deep, serious issues (closeted homosexual, alcoholic)….

Tibs believes homosexuality is a deep, serious issue.

I love, love, love, love, love exposing liberal hypocrisy.

Flog, on a serious note, I know we talk a lot of crap there, but I never once ever thought about using homophobic slurs against you in any serious way. I'm pulling for Caitlyn Jenner for Governor of California for god's sake. If I offended you in any way, my apologies, but that was merely making fun of you being Fauci's lapdog, and nothing else.

Carry on everyone.
The point (seemingly missed entirely) is that Nassib and other homosexuals would be offended by people using homosexuality to mock or insult people regardless of their sexuality.

You’re basically saying you have no problem with homosexuals, you just like to insult people by insinuating that they’re homosexual. How do you reconcile that?

It's pretty much a conversation ender.

My favorite was Tibs saying “at the end of the day this Mateen dude will turn out to be….someone who had deep, serious issues (closeted homosexual, alcoholic)….

Tibs believes homosexuality is a deep, serious issue.

I love, love, love, love, love exposing liberal hypocrisy.
Once again, you resort to a strawman. CLOSETED homosexual, Tim. Colonel Frank Fitts had deep serious issues.

Once again, you resort to a strawman. CLOSETED homosexual, Tim. Colonel Frank Fitts had deep serious issues.

Of course you miss the point. You and Tibs are in here lashing out at bogeymans, claiming Conservatives run around on this site bashing gay people on the regular.

Your words and your hypocrisies are on full display. In fact, Tibs says being homosexul is a "very serious issue" and attacks another poster here calling him a ****.

That Holier than Thou throne you both stand on is made of wet paper.

The point (seemingly missed entirely) is that Nassib and other homosexuals would be offended by people using homosexuality to mock or insult people regardless of their sexuality.

You’re basically saying you have no problem with homosexuals, you just like to insult people by insinuating that they’re homosexual. How do you reconcile that?

I don't know how Nassib is going to get over your buddy Tibs' blatant homosexual slurs then.

I don't know how Nassib is going to get over your buddy Tibs' blatant homosexual slurs then.

iu

This stuff never gets old...watching Liberals go after everyone else for being homophobes, then exposing them for actually being the guilty parties.

1624553398960.png

1624553825345.png

No wonder people struggle coming out as gay...they may run into Tibs who will belittle them for their life choices.

this thread took a turn. . .

It’s cowardly for people to claim they don’t have a problem with Nassib’s sexuality when they repeatedly use homophobic insults.

Like using the term "butt buddies"? I totally agree.

clearly there is a lot of progress to be made with the acceptance of the LGBTQ community

we're olds, and those snide comments and jokes have been ingrained in us for decades.

This stuff never gets old...watching Liberals go after everyone else for being homophobes, then exposing them for actually being the guilty parties.

View attachment 5448

View attachment 5449

No wonder people struggle coming out as gay...they may run into Tibs who will belittle them for their life choices.
Ive met my share of conservative bigots, homophobes, and prudes.... and in the 80’s and 90’s they were everywhere... but these days id say i know more liberals who fit those molds than conservatives... they just act different in public than in private...

Ive met my share of conservative bigots, homophobes, and prudes.... and in the 80’s and 90’s they were everywhere... but these days id say i know more liberals who fit those molds than conservatives... they just act different in public than in private...
Funny how they keep pushing the narrative that Conservatives are racists & homophobic, but they tend to step in their own feces while pointing fingers. Glass houses.

Interesting how this took a tribal, political turn

People started pointing out others for being gay bashers - like individuals - and labeled wide swaths of people as homophobes.

If we are going to go there, let's all be accountable - especially the finger pointers.

Nothing to see...move along. His choice - not mine...
I don't see why this is still an issue that must be announced but then it is gay pride month, isn't it?

People started pointing out others for being gay bashers - like individuals - and labeled wide swaths of people as homophobes.

If we are going to go there, let's all be accountable - especially the finger pointers.
I’m all for accountability. Just found it interesting

I don't see why this is still an issue that must be announced but then it is gay pride month, isn't it?
I think he simply wants to live his life openly. He wasn't. First openly gay player in the NFL EVER. He is the first. More will probably follow. Maybe one day it will be an after though. Apparently today it isn't.

I think he simply wants to live his life openly. He wasn't. First openly gay player in the NFL EVER. He is the first. More will probably follow. Maybe one day it will be an after though. Apparently today it isn't.
Well, they are a group of large muscular men together naked in a locker room and showers.

You all knew that was coming.

So if 5.6% of the population "identifies," you think that's the end of the story? No one else could possibly be queer without identifying themselves as such? You're kidding yourself.

How, exactly, are you able to "translate" the NFL estimate to a much lower number? For what reason? Please, enlighten us.
It needs to broken down into what percent of that % are gay males which lowers that even more. Then since the majority of the NFL are black, that % would need to be broken down into gay black males which would lower that even greater… that’s how percentages work to get an actual number. The number would be very low once it was broken down fully. Read up on how % are concluded if you aren’t following.

4.5%

5.6%

Americans GREATLY OVERESTIMATE THE NUMBER OF GAY PEOPLE...as you have

3.5%

10% of Americans claim to be gay per Kinsley - WRONG - even from the uber-Liberal-taxpayer-funded NPR

TIME magazine - 5%

I know it's "popular" to stipulate LGBTQ as being normal, and a larger % of the American population. But it's factually not the case. Being popular doesn't equate to it being the norm.

The tail wags the dog.

4.5%

5.6%

Americans GREATLY OVERESTIMATE THE NUMBER OF GAY PEOPLE...as you have

3.5%

10% of Americans claim to be gay per Kinsley - WRONG - even from the uber-Liberal-taxpayer-funded NPR

TIME magazine - 5%

I know it's "popular" to stipulate LGBTQ as being normal, and a larger % of the American population. But it's factually not the case. Being popular doesn't equate to it being the norm.

The tail wags the dog.

Gee, Tim, you asked for a source, and I gave you one.

At the very start, I said take a quarter of 10% if you don't believe it to be accurate. Which is 2.5%. Which is less than the number in all of your little links there. Which would still equate to over 40 homosexual NFL players. Which seems to be the point you're missing.

It needs to broken down into what percent of that % are gay males which lowers that even more. Then since the majority of the NFL are black, that % would need to be broken down into gay black males which would lower that even greater… that’s how percentages work to get an actual number. The number would be very low once it was broken down fully. Read up on how % are concluded if you aren’t following.
You avoided my first question, but feel free to break down the percentages for me so I can follow. I'd love to see the final number you actually come up with.