• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So he's gay...does anyone care?

incorrect. your statement suggests TommyBoy licks gina.
its highly doubtful that TommyBoy licks gina.

Although I didn't word it very well I was trying to say he was a big *****. Gay on the boy side and ***** on the girl side.

A-N-D

for a short while I think he was licking the "T'aint between AB's **** and Gisel's *******/*****..... pending on how the two were paired...............

Salute the nation

Clearly, there's one of us who doesn't understand percentages. Do you have a mirror?

I guess before Nassib came out, it would have been impossible for you to wrap your head around there being any current gay players. Because, you know, no one had admitted it. Therefore, there couldn't possibly be even one, right?

You have to be the most dense ************ I've ever come across on this site. And that's saying something.
Continued success on your quest to find the number of gays in the NFL.

You sound really intelligent...

Jeez, glad I did not read most of this thread. But read page 7 where topseed wrote:

That's why I threw a wide estimate out there between 40 and 170 based loosely on the general population ...

As a rule of mathematics, you don't use a very broad-based mean for a specific analysis with different factors as it will almost invariably give you a wrong answer. For example, the mean high temperature in Los Angeles on any given day - based on hundreds of readings - is 78 degrees Fahrenheit. Great.

The general mean high temperature means literally nothing in terms of the actual high temperature on February 15, or August 15. In fact, it is almost certainly wrong in predicting the actual high temperature on either day. The much better way to calculate is to derive the mean high temperatures for February 15 and August 15.

That fact matters because you are applying a general ratio - no matter how accurate, we can agree it's nothing more than a general statistic for an entire population - to a very, very discrete population that has almost no similarity to the population at large in terms of gender, age, height, weight, BMI, and on and on.

What effect do these differences have on the number of gay players in the NFL? I have no idea. Neither does topseed. But using the ratio for the general population simply makes no sense and almost certainly provides the wrong answer.

The entire General Population could be "loose" and yet NOT be Gay...................

Well............................ except the one

Salute the nation

Jeez, glad I did not read most of this thread. But read page 7 where topseed wrote:

As a rule of mathematics, you don't use a very broad-based mean for a specific analysis with different factors as it will almost invariably give you a wrong answer. For example, the mean high temperature in Los Angeles on any given day - based on hundreds of readings - is 78 degrees Fahrenheit. Great.

The general mean high temperature means literally nothing in terms of the actual high temperature on February 15, or August 15. In fact, it is almost certainly wrong in predicting the actual high temperature on either day. The much better way to calculate is to derive the mean high temperatures for February 15 and August 15.

That fact matters because you are applying a general ratio - no matter how accurate, we can agree it's nothing more than a general statistic for an entire population - to a very, very discrete population that has almost no similarity to the population at large in terms of gender, age, height, weight, BMI, and on and on.

What effect do these differences have on the number of gay players in the NFL? I have no idea. Neither does topseed. But using the ratio for the general population simply makes no sense and almost certainly provides the wrong answer.
He still won't understand...

You referenced it. Directly or indirectly. Threw it out here. I'm going to always correct misinformation. That 10% figure is misinformation.
You asked for a source; I referenced one. It's not "misinformation" just because you happen to disagree with it.

Back up. I never expressed what I believed the percentage was, only that I thought it was small.

I made it clear the the 16 number are those that came out.

To hypothetically account for those players afraid to come out of the closet, lets say that the actual number of homos in NFL history quadrupled the 16 number to 64. Wouldn't that still be a small percentage?
And, according to the article you posted, only 10 of those 16 ever suited up for an NFL game, which yielded that tiny number.

Yes, it sure would be a small percentage. Too small to be anywhere near accurate.

Estimating the percentage of gays in the NFL based on the percentage of gays in the general public is silly.

The percentage of the population that are gay include lesbians correct ? I'm not aware of any women who were on an NFL roster.
lol

Now here's a guy who doesn't understand percentages.

Continued success on your quest to find the number of gays in the NFL.

You sound really intelligent...
I'll type slower so you can understand: Nobody knows the true answer. But I'll bet you your trailer that it's more than just Carl Nassib.

Thanks. You sound really unintelligent.

You asked for a source; I referenced one. It's not "misinformation" just because you happen to disagree with it.

It's misinformation because Kinsey's estimations you sourced have been debunked. 10% of America is not gay.

Your "temperature in Los Angeles" comparison is way off, because obviously there are many more possible temperature readings than there are sexual orientations. Nice try, though.

Again, I never tried to narrow it down to a specific number.

It's misinformation because Kinsey's estimations you sourced have been debunked. 10% of America is not gay.
Debunked by whom?

Certainly the people over at the Smithsonian Magazine and the National Bureau of Economic Research would disagree with you.

Debunked by whom?

Certainly the people over at the Smithsonian Magazine and the National Bureau of Economic Research would disagree with you.

The Smithsonian? Your original statement I objected to was: "If 10% of the general population is homosexual (that number is generally accepted as an estimate)"

10% is NOT generally accepted. You supported that by posting the Kinsley theory article, which was debunked, but THAT article said it might be somewhat sort of kind of true. It's not.

Yeah. It may be 5, 6% tops. Period.

1626324679811.png

Last edited:
Your "temperature in Los Angeles" comparison is way off, because obviously there are many more possible temperature readings than there are sexual orientations. Nice try, though.a

If you spent 24 hours trying to offer a post that misses the point completely - absolutely - totally - then congratulations.

Again, I never tried to narrow it down to a specific number.

Mathematical evidence?

There's nearly 1700 players on active NFL rosters. If 10% of the general population is homosexual (that number is generally accepted as an estimate), you're talking about 170 guys. If you don't believe that percentage is correct, or if you think that big bad football players are "straighter" than average, take a fourth of it, and it's still over 40 players.

I'll type slower so you can understand: Nobody knows the true answer. But I'll bet you your trailer that it's more than just Carl Nassib.

Thanks. You sound really unintelligent.
Trailer? I wish. I'm actually homeless. It's fun to pretend on the internet, isn't it? I bet you're one of the smartest guys in the world and a billionaire.. if only I were you :(
Haha never seen someone so mad over something so stupid...Goodluck on your continued journey sorting through the number of gays.

Last edited:
Add Barkevious Mingo to the count.

I've suddenly come to the realization this "coming out of the closet" is horseshit anyway. Their problem is not with bigotry or discrimination as to why they are coming out.

There is a greater ulterior motive.

Yes, the aim of homos openly professing their gayness is to gain acceptance, but not as gays .....but of the act itself. Think about that.

I will, and do accept gays as fellow human beings but will never concede to the idea that butt ******* between two men is a natural and beautiful thing. It grosses me the **** out, and always will. That'll never change.

Attached to accepting gays is the acceptance of the act. I however can separate the two.

Last edited: