• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So he's gay...does anyone care?

The Smithsonian? Your original statement I objected to was: "If 10% of the general population is homosexual (that number is generally accepted as an estimate)"

10% is NOT generally accepted. You supported that by posting the Kinsley theory article, which was debunked, but THAT article said it might be somewhat sort of kind of true. It's not.

Yeah. It may be 5, 6% tops. Period.

View attachment 5675

Yes, Smithsonian Magazine. Did you bother to read it?

Once again, you can quote fifty more articles which state that around 5% of the population "identifies," but it doesn't prove your "5,6% tops" assertion. You seem to struggle with the concept that the actual number, including those who don't care to outwardly identify themselves as queer, might be significantly higher. For the umpteenth time, you don't know, and I don't know what that figure truly is. Period.

I did find it ironic, however, that one of your own sources there noted that U.S. adults actually estimate 23.6% of the population to be gay or lesbian. Gee, sounds like the public might generally accept an even higher number than 10%, doesn't it?

If you spent 24 hours trying to offer a post that misses the point completely - absolutely - totally - then congratulations
I come on here every 5-7 days in the summertime, bud. I've got better things to do.

You made my point by quoting my original estimate of 40 to 170 players, which is indeed not a specific number. Thanks.

Trailer? I wish. I'm actually homeless. It's fun to pretend on the internet, isn't it? I bet you're one of the smartest guys in the world and a billionaire.. if only I were you :(
Haha never seen someone so mad over something so stupid...Goodluck on your continued journey sorting through the number of gays.
How about the car you live in? Wanna bet that instead?

Not mad, bro. And not even a millionaire. Just smarter than you. And also amused by you saying the same nonsensical things over and over again because you have no argument. Please, tell me again how I don't understand percentages...you missed that one the last couple of posts.

I did find it ironic, however, that one of your own sources there noted that U.S. adults actually estimate 23.6% of the population to be gay or lesbian. Gee, sounds like the public might generally accept an even higher number than 10%, doesn't it?
They probably do believe it's that high because of the steady dose of homosexuality we get from movies, television, and educational institutions trying to normalize it.
I have gay friends and relatives of both sexes, doesn't bother me, do your thing. Well, except for my one gay cousin who is a convicted child molester but tells me I'm the one who's mentally ill because I'm a Trump supporter.

How about the car you live in? Wanna bet that instead?

Not mad, bro. And not even a millionaire. Just smarter than you. And also amused by you saying the same nonsensical things over and over again because you have no argument. Please, tell me again how I don't understand percentages...you missed that one the last couple of posts.
I've explained to you since my first post how percentages work and you STILL aren't grasping it lol.

You're not a millionaire? I don't believe it. You saying that you're smarter than me? A real shocker.
I remember when I used to say such things back in grade school. Ah, the memories..

iu

Might have problems if he plays against Ritchie Incognito though.

(Let's see how many get that reference.)

They probably do believe it's that high because of the steady dose of homosexuality we get from movies, television, and educational institutions trying to normalize it.

Yup. I've posted this before. It's literally every show. You can't watch a Netflix series without 30% of the cast being homosexual.

I have no problem whatsoever with people's sexual orientation. I do have a problem with being lied to and sold. Don't come to my door selling me **** I don't want. Don't lie to me and tell me 25% of America is gay. And don't sensationalize things that aren't true, like in Hollywood purporting that we are all gay. It's no different than the media over-sensationalizing police killings of blacks, or any other topic. The intent is to deceive and to try to shape a different world.

Correct, and thus my point. You came here spouting figures as if you know.

You don't.
As did you. And you don't know, either.

Difference is, I gave a wide range of possibilities, and what I "spouted" is that given the fact there are 1700 active players (and hundreds more on practice squads) there most likely exists many more than one gay NFL player.

You and this other reject can't seem to grasp the simplicity of that argument. After these last couple of replies, I'll agree to give up attempting to make you guys understand the concept.

I've explained to you since my first post how percentages work and you STILL aren't grasping it lol.

You're not a millionaire? I don't believe it. You saying that you're smarter than me? A real shocker.
I remember when I used to say such things back in grade school. Ah, the memories..
Yeah, you explained it really well, Pascal. Keep telling yourself that. What you can't seem to grasp is the fundamentals of probability and statistics.

Nope, not a millionaire yet. You said some bullshit about me being one of the smartest guys in the world, and I said that I was not, just smarter than you. It's not a grade school taunt, it's called context.

Let's see if you've matured enough to let this thread die like it should have a month ago. I highly doubt it. I'm done. Go Steelers.

I'll agree to give up attempting to make you guys understand the concept.

Thank you. That's all this has been, your theory. Facts disagree with your "concept."

Thank you. That's all this has been, your theory. Facts disagree with your "concept."
You're welcome. The polls you referenced over and over are not "facts," btw. If polls were factual, Trump would have lost to Clinton. But you can stick with your theory that there's only one gay guy out of about 2000 NFL players, and I'll stick with mine. Go Steelers.

You're welcome. The polls you referenced over and over are not "facts," btw. If polls were factual, Trump would have lost to Clinton. But you can stick with your theory that there's only one gay guy out of about 2000 NFL players, and I'll stick with mine. Go Steelers.

LMAO, go back and point to one post where I said there is one gay man in the NFL.

I said your assertion that 10% of Americans are gay is false. Stay on the topic.

How many NFL players do you suppose identify as women? I bet Tom Brady is the only one.

Yeah, you explained it really well, Pascal. Keep telling yourself that. What you can't seem to grasp is the fundamentals of probability and statistics.

Nope, not a millionaire yet. You said some bullshit about me being one of the smartest guys in the world, and I said that I was not, just smarter than you. It's not a grade school taunt, it's called context.

Let's see if you've matured enough to let this thread die like it should have a month ago. I highly doubt it. I'm done. Go Steelers.
Lol yes.. I don't know anything about statistics. That's too funny.

Good, it should have been done after you saying 10% of the population being gay means 10% of the NFL is. A 6th grader knows that's not how that works.
You got a free education through this thread though so there ya go.