• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Starbucks protests in Philadelphia

I have been refused in Pittsburgh to use the restroom, unless I purchased. I explained I planned on eating there after I used the bathroom.

I have seen this policy in many locations.

Oh and I am white.

Why do people keep making comments like this? Once again, the policy itself is perfectly reasonable and is not racist. It's selective enforcement and the over the top reaction (calling 911) that might be racist.

We don't know for sure, but it just might be. I think we should all be willing to at least consider the possibility. Otherwise we're just as knee jerk as they are.

Earned every dime I’ve ever made.

Yep. The fact is this - we work for what we earn. We work hard. I worked at jobs when I was young that I literally could not do today - laying asphalt in 104 degree temperatures in the summer, wearing long sleeves, jeans, protective vest. Worked through college. Paid my way. Always had a job during college. Paid college tuition as I went.

Graduated, got a full-time job. Went to law school at a very good school while working 40 hours per week, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Got on the road at 4:35 p.m., drove to law school, arrived at 5:30 p.m., ate dinner in the cafeteria. No, not dinner I had purchased, but dinner I brought with me because I had no money to buy dinner.

Classes 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. or 9:30 p.m., depending on the day of the week. Went from class to library, studied until library closed at midnight. Drove home, back home at 12:30 a.m., to be, up the next morning at 6:30 a.m. to start another day. For 3 1/2 years, no summer break (taking classes during the summer).

Paid most of law school tuition from earnings. Wife and I never rich or 1% until we hit our 50's. Oh, suddenly, we were the beneficiaries of white privilege and we are the 1%!!! Ahhh, tax the **** out of us!!!

I earned every nickel with hard work. We all did. The only people who think otherwise are the lazy ***** who refuse to work and want me to pay their bills. Yeah, **** you. I don't pay my kids' bills - I taught them to be adults and pay their own bills. I sure as hell am not paying yours.

Many are not clear on what white privilege actually is...it does not mean that whites don't struggle, or don't work hard for what they have....nor does it imply wrongdoing. White privilege its not accusatory

Not all, but much of white privilege are subtle things that aren't out in the open, things we whiteys aren't aware is happening.... like when applying for a loan a banker that looks more favorably towards us than he does a black dude.... or a security guard that pays special attention to the black dude that walks in the store.

When a white guy is an articulate speaker, no one is surprised....recall in 2008 Joe Biden was surprised over a "clean, articulate, black man" running for president.

If a white gets poor service at a restaurant, he never has to question if it was because he's white.
If a white is accused of being lazy at work, it's never because he's white.

White privilege is **** like that.

Here is more white privilege **** most of which is utter garbage.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/michaelbla...privilege-9hu9?utm_term=.qgV254xdk#.si4j3MLwn

Utter garbage because they have brought most of it upon themselves.

Last edited:
Wait..wait..wait.
So two guys are refused a bathroom key after they have been sitting in a store for two hours and not making a purchase, has now become a verbal racial pissing contest ?

Why ?

I see my McDonalds throw old white people out of their store all the time for the same thing. You wanna lounge around and take up space...go to a library.

Why do people keep making comments like this? Once again, the policy itself is perfectly reasonable and is not racist. It's selective enforcement and the over the top reaction (calling 911) that might be racist.

We don't know for sure, but it just might be. I think we should all be willing to at least consider the possibility. Otherwise we're just as knee jerk as they are.

Just of example to show it is normal practice in a lot of establishments.

Perhaps they sat longer than other people and where more noticeable?

If someone asks you to leave and you don't it is nothing wrong with calling 911.

Every color has to listen when instructed to do something. One color doesn't get to pick and choose.

I personally think this should be non story, is bullshit.

And people are reaching hard to make it a story.

If they tell you to buy something buy something, they tell you to leave ******* leave.

Why is Starbucks the one taking **** here? If these two were unjustly arrested, it was at the discretion of the police.

You give easy grades for creativity.

Well, I had never heard it before. Thought it was funny. Since I have no experience, I find racial slurs like that to be creative. It takes at least some thought. I am sure you could come up with better ones.

There ....now are you happy ?

Starbucks to close all company-owned stores on the afternoon of May 29 for racial-bias education day
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/17/sta...-on-may-29-for-racial-bias-education-day.html

Damage control.

I will add another thing. Non violent crimes in America are pretty equal race wise.

But statistics with violent crimes are high percentage black in comparison to other races.

So fair or unfair, you don't think police and establishments know these statistics?

If you are constantly witnessing one color more than other commit crimes, it is fairly reasonable to think they will get more attention.

I tell you I hate to see anyone get a raw deal whatever color.

But until these percentages go down, you will see higher instances of racial profiling.

Starts with poverty and education.

Do it like Germany used to, you either go to college or serve a term in the service.

Perhaps a little more color unity results from this as well as higher education...

Why is Starbucks the one taking **** here? If these two were unjustly arrested, it was at the discretion of the police.

Well you see, in the world liberals have created, first you must have a victim. Once the victim is established, then you must find a villain and destroy it. In this instance you have two villains. Starbucks and the police. Starbucks is taking a rash of **** because their employee called the police. Being that people are angry, that employee was thusly fired for racism. Staple that to your resume. Employee destroyed. Police are taking ****, albeit less in this case. Starbucks is the bigger fish, and the police are ALWAYS the villain.

Last edited:
If it is private property, my understanding is that you have the right to ask someone to leave. As public servants, the police should enforce your right.

I just watched a video of a black that wanted to use the restroom before he made a purchase and was denied. And yet a white guy was allowed to use the restroom before making a purchase. This happened in the very same coffee shop. As a matter of fact the black asked the white if he was allowed to use the restroom. My question is why the double standard and why get upset when the double standard is exposed?

Sent from my Z981 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Well you see, in the world liberals have created, first you must have a victim. Once the victim is established, then you must find a villain and destroy it. In this instance you have two villains. Starbucks and the police. Starbucks is taking a rash of **** because their employee called the police. Being that people are angry, that employee was thusly fired for racism. Staple that to your resume. Employee destroyed. Police are taking ****, albeit less in this case. Starbucks is the bigger fish, and the police are ALWAYS the villain.

Unless Starbucks has an established policy that they do not enforce loitering laws, I think the employee has a strong legal case against Starbucks. I don’t think you can fire someone for enforcing a law even if they are being subjectivity racist about it. I suppose they’d rather be sued than lose more sales.

refused the ability to even apply for an internship because I am not a minority.

And that impacts a majority of whites or.......?

See, you like to point to one specific instance and compare that to a systemic brand of racism that impacts folks of color. Not recognizing that even still in this modern era there are biases against folks of color when it comes to pay, mortgage loans, policing, housing, healthcare.

Let me play the "well we don't know the full story" option. Would you have been told by some program director as to why you were declined the opportunity to apply for internship ? Was it a native American oriented program set aside specifically for that group ? I know those exist. Did you file a complaint against the organization to challenge their restriction ? Was it racial bias or was it quota....

Sometimes, witnesses lie. Sometimes, they don't see everything.

Maybe, the employee said something to these two guys and they smarted off something back that pissed off the employee, which escalated the situation and others didn't hear that? Is this even a possibility?

Why would multiple white folks tell false accounts or make up events that impacted black males which are captured on video ? What would be their motive ? Explain....

So smarting off is a reason to call cops and have someone hauled away in cuffs now because someone got pissed ?

So who would see everything ? Whom in this case would you trust ? The barista, the black men, the witnesses that's sat adjacent to these men and heard the entire interactions ? Also, then what would you make of the fact that the men were release as the police didn't have any evidence to charge the men with any crime ?

Again, you and many others are trying desperately to force this into a non-racial biased event when all indications and witness accounts suggest that it was. It baffles the mind to see how a white male thinks hes the leading expert on racism and racial bias (or what qualifies as) when he himself has never been subjected to racial oppression, systemic racial practices or discrimination based on his skin color (and no, being called whitey, casper snowbunny or otherwise doesn't equal systemic oppression). I think white folks have enjoyed the high seat of power for so long that now when theres a slight shift in policy, equality FEELS like discrimination or oppression. Its evident by the sensitivity of discussing racism and become outwardly defensive.

Why would multiple white folks tell false accounts or make up events that impacted black males which are captured on video ? What would be their motive ? Explain....

So smarting off is a reason to call cops and have someone hauled away in cuffs now because someone got pissed ?

So who would see everything ? Whom in this case would you trust ? The barista, the black men, the witnesses that's sat adjacent to these men and heard the entire interactions ? Also, then what would you make of the fact that the men were release as the police didn't have any evidence to charge the men with any crime ?

Again, you and many others are trying desperately to force this into a non-racial biased event when all indications and witness accounts suggest that it was. It baffles the mind to see how a white male thinks hes the leading expert on racism and racial bias (or what qualifies as) when he himself has never been subjected to racial oppression, systemic racial practices or discrimination based on his skin color (and no, being called whitey, casper snowbunny or otherwise doesn't equal systemic oppression). I think white folks have enjoyed the high seat of power for so long that now when theres a slight shift in policy, equality FEELS like discrimination or oppression. Its evident by the sensitivity of discussing racism and become outwardly defensive.

maybe the person being smarted off to was offended
your side has made this bed

What is the difference? Quotas still include and exclude candidates based on race. Quotas are just a legal kind of bias.

Can you ever guarantee that there is never any discriminatory practices in our society that intentionally block qualified minority occupants ? Do you even know why Affirmative action programs were created ? Counter-balance ?

So one bias generated a need to create a counter bias which is seen as bias itself...

maybe the person being smarted off to was offended
your side has made this bed

lol...my side...elaborate on MY SIDE...whats MY SIDE ....and just how did we make this bed ?.....this ought to be a mutherfucking interesting conversation to say the least.

lol...my side...elaborate on MY SIDE...whats MY SIDE ....and just how did we make this bed ?.....this ought to be a mutherfucking interesting conversation to say the least.

if you're going to be so righteous in all your posts as to proclaim the right as being a bunch of hillbillies, deadbeats, fuckups, etc. then one could only assume that you're not categorizing yourself in that same regard. as such, you also fawn at the mere mention of the name Bomma, get stiff when someone mentions Hillary and it's only natural to determine you're a left-leaning pussyhat wearing pansy. which, coincidentally, is the same side that determined every issue has a victim, regardless of circumstance. as ark hypothesized, if you saw two guys in a fight and one was beating the hell out of the other, you'd determine guilt based on skin color.

It's already a racist, divisive, Obama-like conversation as it is, thanks to you. I'm enjoying the hell out of watching this unfold.

Man...we thought Johnny Law was racist. Nothing will top him, but this **** is a close 2nd.