• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Starbucks protests in Philadelphia

None that we know of. Your kind, of course, speculates constantly. What we KNOW for facts is that the Democrats stood behind a guy they knew was a KKK member.

Who was the guy and when was this ? Recently ?

Asking questions does not = mining for excuses. It is asking questions to get facts upon which to base your opining rather than jumping to an immediate conclusion.

If you see a video of a guy getting wailed upon by another guy, would you automatically assume the guy getting beaten up was a victim? Or would you want to know what lead up to that?

"What started the beating?" ought to be important. Obviously, to you, the race of the people involved matters rather than any actual facts, but, for the sake of argument, assume the two guys are the same color (or identify as such).

Look, there were multiple witnesses that gave accounts of what took place. Theres documented witness statements if you care to look em up.

Sourced: http://abc13.com/what-a-witness-says-happened-during-phila-starbucks-arrests/3342444/
"...said another woman had entered the Starbucks minutes before the men were arrested and was given the bathroom code without having to buy anything and that another person in the restaurant at the time of the incident "announced that she had been sitting at Starbucks for the past couple of hours without buying anything."

"These men were discriminated against and unjustly detained. Being a person of privilege, it's hard to believe things like this still happen in 2018," Lauren told ABC. "Sometimes you don't fully believe it until you see it with your own eyes."

Now, you can try and fill in your own concocted version of what you WANT TO THINK MAY HAVE PROBABLY, LIKELY WITH GREATER CHANCE OF HAPPENING. But ill go by folks that were there and witnessed it

Who was the guy and when was this ? Recently ?

Robert Byrd D WV. Longest serving member of the Senate, died in office. Kleagle of the West Virginia Klukkers. Before you go down the path of David Duke being elected as a Republican let me stop you. The Republican controlled congress in 1994 refused to allow him to take his seat. Byrd was never refused admittance to the Senate while the Democrat Party ran it. True story Teddy "The Swimmer" Kennedy called Byrd "Sheets" due to Byrds KKK ties.

2) selective in enforcement -"... said another woman had entered the Starbucks minutes before the men were arrested and was given the bathroom code without having to buy anything and that another person in the restaurant at the time of the incident "announced that she had been sitting at Starbucks for the past couple of hours without buying anything." http://abc13.com/what-a-witness-says-happened-during-phila-starbucks-arrests/3342444/

Jeez, maybe that's why the manager was so pissy with the two guys. She had reached her limit of freeloaders, and those two guys just suffered bad timing.

Possible, no?

Nobody said they were "arrested for being black"....I said racism does exist in America and folks do get treated differently based on skin color. You wish to pretend like it doesn't.
If this establishment made it common practice or policy to have patrons removed that weren't purchasing then id not offer any argument. The fact that other WHITE PATRONS that frequented THIS particular Starbucks stated that they done equally as much as these black gentlemen and were never asked to leave nor were cops called.

And why should they immediately come forward to tell their side....perhaps they've lawyered up and wish to have legal representation speak to the necessary parties on their behalf..

Bottom line..you see what you see....its biased so ill accept you have lack of empathy for **** you never experience yourself.

But I see you still don't have a grasp of the story...let me help you out...

1) company policy The Starbucks official acknowledged that the incident is at odds with a common practice at Starbucks. The stores are “community” hubs, the official said, where people often drop in to use the WiFi or chat with friends without necessarily buying anything." https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nscious-bias-training/?utm_term=.1c6c98629f0c

2) selective in enforcement -"... said another woman had entered the Starbucks minutes before the men were arrested and was given the bathroom code without having to buy anything and that another person in the restaurant at the time of the incident "announced that she had been sitting at Starbucks for the past couple of hours without buying anything." http://abc13.com/what-a-witness-says-happened-during-phila-starbucks-arrests/3342444/

you ask why I cannot see the racism in this, then interject racism in it since ... BOOM ... you have more darker skin than I do.
well, holy ****. I guess you're the David Hogg of pointing out racism.

you even fail to grasp that Y-O-U said, and I shall quote:
can you not understand that racism is part of the American culture and folks do oftentimes get treated differently based on melanin content

so, see, you injected the racist angle in this. I merely asked questions so as to fully understand what was going on in the incident. We'll likely not know if there were BLUE EYED WHITE DEVILS asked to leave the store, though. And, reiterating what you said:
1) company policy The Starbucks official acknowledged that the incident is at odds with a common practice at Starbucks. The stores are “community” hubs, the official said, where people often drop in to use the WiFi or chat with friends without necessarily buying anything." https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1c6c98629f0c
that manager has been fired for those actions.

and, no, I've never, not once experienced racism. I've never been called "white boy" or "whitey" or "Casper" while playing basketball in inner Memphis growing up. Never happened. Thanks for pointing that **** out to me, Blitzhogg.

Jeez, maybe that's why the manager was so pissy with the two guys. She had reached her limit of freeloaders, and those two guys just suffered bad timing.

Possible, no?

Three towers in Manhattan collapsed in 2001...maybe...just maybe it was bad piloting. Possible, no ?

you ask why I cannot see the racism in this, then interject racism in it since ... BOOM ... you have more darker skin than I do.
well, holy ****. I guess you're the David Hogg of pointing out racism.

you even fail to grasp that Y-O-U said, and I shall quote:

so, see, you injected the racist angle in this. I merely asked questions so as to fully understand what was going on in the incident. We'll likely not know if there were BLUE EYED WHITE DEVILS asked to leave the store, though. And, reiterating what you said:

that manager has been fired for those actions.

and, no, I've never, not once experienced racism. I've never been called "white boy" or "whitey" or "Casper" while playing basketball in inner Memphis growing up. Never happened. Thanks for pointing that **** out to me, Blitzhogg.

Being called white boy, whitey, casper or even cracker by a non-white has systemically marginalized you and other whites negatively or adversely in what manner ? Ill wait .....

Trust me if anyone not black would have spoken up and said they had seen anything different they would have been labeled racist and drug threw the mud. Remember everybody that's white is guilty of white privilege. Personally it couldn't happen to a more liberal **** eating company than Starbucks, well maybe Target.

I hope they rename the entire franchise "2 black guys that just had to piss coffee ! "

Trust me if anyone not black would have spoken up and said they had seen anything different they would have been labeled racist and drug threw the mud. Remember everybody that's white is guilty of white privilege. Personally it couldn't happen to a more liberal **** eating company than Starbucks, well maybe Target.

I hope they rename the entire franchise "2 black guys that just had to piss coffee ! "

Define white privilege

And if anyone regardless of race had said they seen something different than the other 8 or 9, what are the chances that person would be lying ? Yall aren't giving up on this "racism is a myth" narrative are you ? :-)

I have been refused in Pittsburgh to use the restroom, unless I purchased. I explained I planned on eating there after I used the bathroom.

I have seen this policy in many locations.

Oh and I am white.

Being called white boy, whitey, casper or even cracker by a non-white has systemically marginalized you and other whites negatively or adversely in what manner ? Ill wait .....

So that’s your angle now?

refused the ability to even apply for an internship because I am not a minority.

Sometimes, witnesses lie. Sometimes, they don't see everything.

Maybe, the employee said something to these two guys and they smarted off something back that pissed off the employee, which escalated the situation and others didn't hear that? Is this even a possibility?

Sometimes, witnesses lie. Sometimes, they don't see everything.

Maybe, the employee said something to these two guys and they smarted off something back that pissed off the employee, which escalated the situation and others didn't hear that? Is this even a possibility?

No because black people only become righteously angry at whites over there inherent racism.

Seems like a reoccurring theme that a lot of the videos pointing to racism are missing footage from the beginning of said occurrence.

When Starbucks opens back up I’m going with my sleeping bag and Donkin Donuts coffee and sit all day day.

Three towers in Manhattan collapsed in 2001...maybe...just maybe it was bad piloting. Possible, no ?

Comparing some stupid ****** pissing contest (literally) about a Starbucks bathroom to 9/11. Are you trying to be an ***?

I got called a "Mayo Monkey" a couple weeks ago. All I could do was laugh. That's funny. A+ for creativity.

Comparing some stupid ****** pissing contest (literally) about a Starbucks bathroom to 9/11. Are you trying to be an ***?

blitzhogg doesnt have to put much effort forth.

How many members of the GOP are reticent constituents of the KKK today ?

Speaking of which..you and your kind are far more racist, and insulting to blacks than the KKK.

Last edited: