• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Starting to wonder about Russ

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Initial injury they said ankle. Realize he had a reoccurrence. But I'm thinking achillies. Like it's been a long time and blocking sled would be consistent with that. He initially said I could play this week........8 weeks later, not so much. Also, wondering if this is face save till they find out about Fields.

Wasted draft pick - oh, wait. Honestly, I'm thinking this injury may be a career - ender. I don't think the future is with Fields but he is getting the job done for now until we get into a shoot out. We won't win shoot outs.

I thought the initial injury was the calf muscle especially since many pundits were comparing his potential timeframe to what Burrows went through. Either way, he reaggravated it and now may only start a game if Fields has a couple bad games in a row.

So next year maybe no QBs should hit a sled?
He hit the sled on his own. He wasn't asked to do it.

It's a calf.

The Achillies is attached to the bottom of the calf so I assume some tendonitis there so you don't want to rush it back.
100% agree. but it should not happen moving forward

Initial injury they said ankle. Realize he had a reoccurrence. But I'm thinking achillies. Like it's been a long time and blocking sled would be consistent with that. He initially said I could play this week........8 weeks later, not so much. Also, wondering if this is face save till they find out about Fields.
Which is why I think they get diddly squat for him in a trade. When I read about people thinking they would get a first or second,in my head I think not a chance. He hasn’t even thrown a pass yet. No one has a clue if he will stand up to his injury. . I would have loved to see what he could have done,and maybe got some type of draft choice.

Which is why I think they get diddly squat for him in a trade. When I read about people thinking they would get a first or second,in my head I think not a chance. He hasn’t even thrown a pass yet. No one has a clue if he will stand up to his injury. . I would have loved to see what he could have done,and maybe got some type of draft choice.
First or second round. Hahaha. Do people think crazy folks run other teams?

was wondering if PIT would offer Russ to MIA since it appears they need a starting QB with Tua's propensity to be concussed. PIT could get a nice draft pick out of it. But maybe the injury is worse that we have been led to believe--although calf injuries by themselves can last a while and he is an older player.

otherwise, I would like to see what Russ can do in this offense just to know. However, Justin is doing just fine.

Lower leg injuries wreck players. Non weight bearing injury means you can't train properly, at risk of gaining weight, difficult rehab & easy to reinjure. We wait

was wondering if PIT would offer Russ to MIA since it appears they need a starting QB with Tua's propensity to be concussed. PIT could get a nice draft pick out of it. But maybe the injury is worse that we have been led to believe--although calf injuries by themselves can last a while and he is an older player.

otherwise, I would like to see what Russ can do in this offense just to know. However, Justin is doing just fine.
Thing is we have no depth at QB.

Wasted draft pick - oh, wait. Honestly, I'm thinking this injury may be a career - ender. I don't think the future is with Fields but he is getting the job done for now until we get into a shoot out. We won't win shoot outs.

I see a guy scared to throw the ball. It's a recurring theme on this team with quarterbacks not named Big Ben.

There's no way in hell they're winning a shootout with anyone.

Next week should be interesting playing Dallas. Which team shows up?

Funny story. A few years ago we decided to resume our intrahospital kickball games. ICU vs the Operating Room. It was my at bat to kick the ball. So, as the ball was pitched, my then 47 year old self planted my left leg as I attempted my kick and felt my calf pop. I was unable to bear any weight on it for 2 weeks and had to literally have 2 months of PT. There was concern I tore my calf from the bone but it was a major sprain. The pain literally lingered for a year. Bottom line, Russ’s calf injury is nothing to sneeze at. Of course, he’s a world class athlete and has access to unlimited trainers and sports medicine staff

even if we trade Russ, he'd have to pass a physical. Unlikely he can do that at this point. And teams know he's damaged, so the comp would be at best a 6th right now. if he was lighting **** up...

Lower leg injuries wreck players. Non weight bearing injury means you can't train properly, at risk of gaining weight, difficult rehab & easy to reinjure. We wait
Funny story. A few years ago we decided to resume our intrahospital kickball games. ICU vs the Operating Room. It was my at bat to kick the ball. So, as the ball was pitched, my then 47 year old self planted my left leg as I attempted my kick and felt my calf pop. I was unable to bear any weight on it for 2 weeks and had to literally have 2 months of PT. There was concern I tore my calf from the bone but it was a major sprain. The pain literally lingered for a year. Bottom line, Russ’s calf injury is nothing to sneeze at. Of course, he’s a world class athlete and has access to unlimited trainers and sports medicine staff
Great comment. I've had same injury. Also broken fib which was serious business. 6 weeks no weight bearing & then an ankle that has no range of motion. And depressing.. leg injuries are serious

Only when it comes to the Khan Man vs. the Bears.
Don’t sell the Panthers short either 🤣
They passed on 2 1sts and a 2nd for Burns only to take a 2nd and a 5th 😂

Also traded away their only playmakers mcCaffrey and Moore for squat

Traded away draft capital for multiple dysfunctional QBs in their system too, they make Khan seem like pure genius with every move he makes

There are some really bad teams at trading, but it’s only a few. If you scan the bottom feeders of the league you’ll usually find your bad GMs

You know who our head coach is, right?