• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steeler Nation Draft Show: Day 2!

I would have taken Creed Humphrey but Friermuth is a great pick and a need as well. Look at the OSU center or Drake Jackson from Kentucky.

Solid value just not biggest need.
Value was good. At a position of need. But, hell, even if you're content with Okorafor/Banner as the starting Tackles, you NEED a starting caliber Center more than you need a #2 TE

I Guess they have a couple of hidden gems like dotson or I don't understand what's going on

It's good that Riddick has the word dick in his name because he is a major one.

OK, quick step back from the ledge. If they can somehow get Myers in the 3rd, it will be somewhat worth it.

We have so many holes, we might as well fill one with the 2nd best tightend in the draft. myers in the 3rd. resign Big Al and get a left tackle next year

I started a thread a few weeks ago about the state of the OL and the point was that the steelers may not think the current OL is the trainwreck the fans think it is.

These first 2 picks tell us that the steelers don't think OL is as dire as we do. OR it means they have done their homework and they are absolutely confident they can get the OL they need in RD 3 and 4.

Ebron isn’t the long term answer. Value was there and a need. Must feel they can get a center and tackle later

Pat Freiermuth NFL Draft 2021: Scouting Report for Pittsburgh Steelers TE​

HEIGHT: 6'5"

WEIGHT: 251

POSITIVES

—True Y TE size.

—Adequate athlete for his size. Shows good body control and catching range when adjusting for throws. Had to adjust to quite a bit because of erratic QB play he had in college.

—Good, natural hands. Doesn't fight the ball.

—Gives good effort with his play and plays with a competitive edge.

—Above-average overall route-runner. Knows how to be QB-friendly in sitting in zones and on his route breaks versus man.

—Plays with toughness. Willing to work over the middle and bounces up after hits.

NEGATIVES

—Just average length.

—Still a work in progress with blocking. Gives effort but lacks the ability to sustain and ends up on the ground a lot because of just average play strength and arm length. Gets caught leaning, and his technique doesn't compensate for his lack of overwhelming athleticism.

You guys better read up on this dude...He was injured & he slid because of it heavily...

Not mad at them for trying to get a first round steal in the second round...

ESPECIALLY THE WAY THIS FORUM HATED EBRON

That makes two of us
Wasn’t Mayfield projected first rounder?

his arms are only 32 inches. Likely means most teams thing he's a G and he's raw. If you have him as a G project, there are more finished products available now.

I started a thread a few weeks ago about the state of the OL and the point was that the steelers may not think the current OL is the trainwreck the fans think it is.

These first 2 picks tell us that the steelers don't think OL is as dire as we do. OR it means they have done their homework and they are absolutely confident they can get the OL they need in RD 3 and 4.
This is it. As much as I think the Steelers need a starting LT, they signed a number of guys who can play T/G and it seemed like there was no urgency to address the position. Colbert flat out said center was a deep position in the draft and they could get a starter later in the draft. I hope it's in the next round.

We have so many holes, we might as well fill one with the 2nd best tightend in the draft. myers in the 3rd. resign Big Al and get a left tackle next year
There is still some decent tackles left.

Steelers won a Super Bowl with a starting lineup of Max Starks, Chris Komoeatu, Justin Harwig, Darnell Stapleton and Willie Colon. I love the pick!
Touche.
Soooo, plenty of Penn State homers around here. Can this guy block at all?

Steelers won a Super Bowl with a starting lineup of Max Starks, Chris Komoeatu, Justin Harwig, Darnell Stapleton and Willie Colon. I love the pick!
Yeah 11 yrs ago when Ben had two feet a metatarsal ligament and 2 kneecaps, extending plays. I hope friermuth can run the statue of liberty for yardage.
Well at least he can block. Can't wait to see friermuth splitting snaps and attpts with Eric ebron.

You guys better read up on this dude...He was injured & he slid because of it heavily...

Not mad at them for trying to get a first round steal in the second round...

ESPECIALLY THE WAY THIS FORUM HATED EBRON
Why read up when I've watched every game he played at PSU. There were times he was the only option Clifford had to throw and he still performed. He was originally going to skip 2020 like Parsons because of COVID but still played....when he got the shoulder injury he shut it down and I don't blame him.

The Steelers have downgraded at LT, C, and have a ? at RT. It was the 31st worst run blocking unit last year and the QB had to get rid of the ball in 2 seconds on 5-yard routes to save the OL in pass protection. No talent added to this area yet. Those are my concerns right now even though we found future starters at RB and TE.