• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steeler Nation War Room NFL Draft: Day Three

Wasted pick in my eyes. If we weren't going to get a 3 down No. 1 RB, then don't pick a RB. We don't need another RB to throw in a rotation. We already have 5 guys fighting for 3 spots. Now we have 6. Unless he turns out to be our future feature 3 down back, this was a totally wasted pick.

You actually expect to find a feature 3 down RB in the middle of the 4th Round??? You have some very, lofty expectations lol.

I just don't understand what aspect of offense Tombert keep chasing with picks like this guy. I guess they keep having visions of a mismatch in space but because they aren't talented enough to be 3-down players, defenses seem to know ahead of times what is happening and every play we run looks like the defense is just ready for it. And teams KNOW the way you disrupt this kid is just be physical with him. Jam him. Throw him off his routes. Watch for screens and rub routes. And if by chance the team keeps him in to block, just bull rush him as he isn't big enough to pass block at ALL.

Another very frustrating pick from Tombert in my opinion.

Mcfarland is a playmaker. Good pick. Jaylen Samuels sucks. They needed a RB that can run, be a receiver and make plays on 3rd down. They got one.

He can't be a 3rd down back because he can't block. Wasted pick. Flush it down the drain and move on with the draft.

We have 5 RBs now. We struggle to be able to find a game plan to use 2 RBs. We've wasted 4s on RBs in back to back seasons now. Hopefully Snell can put on weight and play DT now.

Canada coached McFarland in 2018 so must of wanted him.

Damn Eagles stole my guy Wallace

You actually expect to find a feature 3 down RB in the middle of the 4th Round??? You have some very, lofty expectations lol.

that's why they shouldn't have gone RB this round, it was 2.49 or nothing, been saying for ******* days. Is he any improvement over what we already have? the answer is obviously NO

I understand pick one. I see pick 2 as development with a high ceiling. so ok. But I don't know that I understand this pick. Needed a safety depth, and an ILB. This guy will not start or see a hat most likely. I could understand going IOL DEPTH. This was nepotism from Tomlin and I guess Canada.

The more I look at this draft the more I hope we resign our aging starters. At least Claypool should be a nice red zone threat sooner than later. This draft is not going well boys better load up on beer after 2020.

The more I look at this draft the more I hope we resign our aging starters. At least Claypool should be a nice red zone threat sooner than later. This draft is not going well boys better load up on beer after 2020.
We shall see. I prefer the wait and see approach.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

I don't remember another Steeler draft where every single pick was followed up by multiple posts of "WTF?" This is going to be an interesting draft class one way or another that's for sure.

you don't remember last year? or the year before or the year before or the year before

I don't remember another Steeler draft where every single pick was followed up by multiple posts of "WTF?" This is going to be an interesting draft class one way or another that's for sure.

Wow it seems to me almost every year that is the reactions we get no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I don;t know what is worse. Our draft or listen to Luke Bryant!

you don't remember last year? or the year before or the year before or the year before

Lol I know there are always a couple of "those guys", but this seems like the vast majority of people. Good to see you up and around today BTW, I was getting concerned ha ha.

Other than Wallace a lot of the names that people were throwing around are still there.

with so little depth at ILB, G and S I just don't understand how they invest in a RB that would probably be there in the 5h, Eno Benjamin was available too, similar traits

**** god dam country song followed by a commercial

Last edited:
I like our draft one pick isn't going to detour my thinking.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app