• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steeler Nation War Room NFL Draft: Day Three

Steelers are sending the message with the McFarland pick that they want to win NOW. McFarland can contribute immediately and brings a new aspect they lacked.

Jaylon Samuels is terrible. He has no vision at all. McFarland is a real RB. He has great vision, speed and elusiveness.

I love the Dotson pick. Decastro is a technician. They needed a mauler and they got one. I'm glad the ravens didn't get Dotson and were forced to take Bredeson

I really wanted Perine. This is by far our worst pick so far.

Cbs analyst

120. Jets: RB Lamichal Perine, Florida
Grade: C. Perine does everything well, just really lacks a superb trait. Efficient cuts. Some flashes of awesome contact balance, but not consistent. Moments of long speed. Vision lacking slightly. Plus receiving skill. Adequate backup to Le'Veon Bell.
124. Steelers: RB Anthony McFarland Jr., Maryland
Grade: A. McFarland was my RB3 because of his instant acceleration, smooth athletic traits, and natural elusiveness. Some HR-hitting ability. Routinely finds the cutback lane. A nightmare in space for defenders. Awesome new element to the Steelers backfield.

Steelers are sending the message with the McFarland pick that they want to win NOW. McFarland can contribute immediately and brings a new aspect they lacked.

Jaylon Samuels is terrible. He has no vision at all. McFarland is a real RB. He has great vision, speed and elusiveness.

I love the Dotson pick. Decastro is a technician. They needed a mauler and they got one. I'm glad the ravens didn't get Dotson and were forced to take Bredeson

Agree, like him above Brederson. Guess biadasz health didn't check out

great Bredeson to the rats hate seing big blue players go to teams i hate Winovich to Pats last year and Uche to pats as well and now someone they can groom in to be thier long term yanda power blocker in pissnetcity

Damn - had to go take my son and left my phone...last thing I remember was McFarland being picked...gotta catch up.

we are if we want to go 5 WIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Let's see: Juju, DJ, Washington, Claypool, Ebron. Still have mcDonald on the wing. I guess you are expecting the 5 OL to hold on the pass rush

Let's see: Juju, DJ, Washington, Claypool, Ebron. Still have mcDonald on the wing. I guess you are expecting the 5 OL to hold on the pass rush

Drop chuck and duck. That is why we drafted Claypool.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

So the consensus is that we are having a ****** draft? Seems 3 for 3 picks so far that the majority of the board thinks were lousy pick or at least big reaches, at least from what I can tell.

I give us a C for the draft thus far. But I don't get paid for my analysis. I'm going to give them all a fair shot at proving themselves but the McFarland pick absolutely astounded me---Kerrith Whyte is our speed back. Why add another???

I'm ok w/ my first namesake Kevin Dotson...

I'm hoping we initiate Canada's presnap changes and run different plays out of the same sets. Fingers crossed!!!

Wow what a concept. Lol. We need to do more passing out of the I with Watt at FB. That will make the run more effective and unpredictable. Play action.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Watch McFarland vs Ohio State that had just about every guy on their defense drafted. McFarland has speed and he can actually run tough for his size. He can run inside and will run through arm tackles.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sceb-NuUa3Y" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/l0HlvtIPzPdt2usKs" width="480" height="288" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/bye-well-yikes-l0HlvtIPzPdt2usKs">via GIPHY</a></p>

I don't believe that part of your statement is true...