• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Have A Deal In Place For Brandon Aiyuk

Look at the bright side. We got Russell Wilson AND Justin Fields for a steal!

Aiyuk didn't do anything to us or the 49ers for that matter. The 49ers had all the leverage which is why they placed his value so high. They could have let him sit out or forced him to play out his deal. I'm sure if some team would offer a huge trade they would have taken it

What's the "not" brightside? Your time being so worthless that you have to open an account on a site of a team who triggers you?

Last edited:
Seems like Cee Dee Lamb's deal will throw a wrench in any deal the 9ers had for Aiyuk. When he ends up playing for the Commanders, I imagine quite a few more than just me will be sick of seeing the guy's face.

It seems to turn out he never intended on it.
He agreed to the terms of a contract so if the 49ers had pulled the trigger, he’d be a Steeler. He hasn’t signed with the 49ers, so if that was his master plan it hasn’t played-out. He isn’t their only high quality player holding out and they also have to eventually pay Purdy. I’m not crazy about dealing a 2 and a 3 and shelling out upwards of $30 million for him, but I’m surprised the 49ers didn’t take what they could get for him.

So if Dak gets the reported $60 million he's asking for Dak + Cee Dee = $96 million/season.

Good luck with that 🤣. Players just don't care about winning championships anymore. It's all about getting paid .
Meh.....would you rather get paid as much $$$ as possible or a lot less $$$$ but you get a trophy that says you were one of the best workers at your job for that year?

So if Dak gets the reported $60 million he's asking for Dak + Cee Dee = $96 million/season.

Good luck with that 🤣. Players just don't care about winning championships anymore. It's all about getting paid .
it's all just about making money. Look at what the NFL is doing. Now 17 games, soon to be 18. Look at the Steeler's schedule at the end of the year. A Wednesday game. All the safety talk, they don't give a shiit. If it was me I'd get every dollar I could get.

The best days of professional football are in the rear view mirror. Just too much money involved now. The product is barely watchable and if not for the Steelers, I wouldn't have a single care to watch it at all.

I'm glad I got to see some of the good stuff.

Meh.....would you rather get paid as much $$$ as possible or a lot less $$$$ but you get a trophy that says you were one of the best workers at your job for that year?
I think I could live with $45 million and $25 million a year if it would give me a chance to win a championship or two. But that's just me. It's about ego more than anything.

Dalllas

I think I could live with $45 million and $25 million a year if it would give me a chance to win a championship or two. But that's just me. It's about ego more than anything.
I sure would be hiring a lawyer to make lock solid prenuptials if I was these guys. Imagine that type of money at a young age. The vultures will be out. Good time to get a vasectomy and then reverse it after you retire.😉

The California taxes are why Aiyuk wants out IMO. SF is going to have a very hard time fixing that problem. I say he ends up being a Commander.

I sure would be hiring a lawyer to make lock solid prenuptials if I was these guys. Imagine that type of money at a young age. The vultures will be out. Good time to get a vasectomy and then reverse it after you retire.😉

Absolutely right !!!

Salute the nation

I wonder how the rest of the team feels about that
Well apparently if they win a championship or 2 they all should be happy.