• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Have A Deal In Place For Brandon Aiyuk

They are still figuring out their inside CB. Jackson was a trade so while I think he will be adequate a whole season will better gage that. Trice is a mystery at this point.
Yeap, but I'm betting on trice + DJ to hold the #2 CB fort for at least a couple of seasons. They should look for a Nickel next draft, mid rounds.

I read that there is still a 50/50 chance we make the deal. I will be holding my breath until it happens. :rolleyes:

Are you blue yet ?

Salute the nation

Steelers address WR in next year's draft. Emeka Egbuka out of OSU makes too much sense. But what do I know? :ROFLMAO:

Slightly less than me, but a whole hellA hellA hellA lot more than all the browns fans combined ..!!! :bolt:

Salute the nation

I heard the Steelers have a deal in place for BA

I’ve also heard that the STEELERS Head Coach has never had a losing season——————-

Salute the nation

Gotta look at the positive. Dan Moore has actually played well at LT. Seumalo has played good at LG. Frazier has shown promise to be a capable player. James is good at RG. So even if Jones isn’t playing well at RT then we have Fautanu and Cook who can have cracks at it. A good coach would try others out to see if they can man that spot.

Gotta look at the positive. Dan Moore has actually played well at LT. Seumalo has played good at LG. Frazier has shown promise to be a capable player. James is good at RG. So even if Jones isn’t playing well at RT then we have Fautanu and Cook who can have cracks at it. A good coach would try others out to see if they can man that spot.

Wait what? Moore at LT and Jones in limbo?

You have to be kidding me? We moved up to get Jones! He should have been getting reps at LT forever and Moore should have been packaged in a trade. This organization is a total clown show as far as the coaching.

BA's not leaving SF.
He would rather have a chance at playing for a Super Bowl than playing for 8-8-1.
He played the 'game' with this trade talk and I think all the teams involved ( PGH, NE, CLE, et al) knew it but were obliged to make some sort of a deal.

BA's not leaving SF.
He would rather have a chance at playing for a Super Bowl than playing for 8-8-1.
He played the 'game' with this trade talk and I think all the teams involved ( PGH, NE, CLE, et al) knew it but were obliged to make some sort of a deal.

I agree here, but none of those teams actually made a deal. Maybe obligated to take part, but no deal has been made as of yet.

I know and hear what you are saying, but they were all willing participants, obligated or not.

Salute the nation

At the end of the day, it looks like BA just played us this whole time. Oh well. No biggie.

At the end of the day, it looks like BA just played us this whole time. Oh well. No biggie.

Someone doesn’t understand the team and player negotiation process. A player can’t play you when the team has the power to trade or withhold a trade. Said team holds all the cards. The player can veto who they play for but obviously with the Steelers in play still and his liking of the Steelers that isn’t a factor here.

He basically has two teams he likes but the money is on his mind hence the negotiation process.

But I am not so sure SF will let him go regardless.

BA's not leaving SF.

As I said days ago, he's a dirtbag that played us to get what he wanted. Used us like toilet paper. I hope somebody takes his head off early and often this season.

The very public nature of all this Aiyuk "get me a deal or trade me to a team of my choosing" while under contract will not help the Steelers with their own players going forward.

This is out of character for the team; hopefully it will not bite them in the ***.

As I said days ago, he's a dirtbag that played us to get what he wanted. Used us like toilet paper. I hope somebody takes his head off early and often this season.
That's kinda how it goes.
No different than leveraging a regular job offer with with your company to level up. Happens all the time.
It sucks that we could use him and made an offer but that's how it goes. I'm sure no one in the Steelers FO was blindsided when it started to look like he was just putting himself in a better position with his current team.
Hoping he gets hurt is pretty awful.