• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Have A Deal In Place For Brandon Aiyuk

Their future hall of fame OT Trent Williams is holding out as well. John Lynch better get it in gear. That OL is nothing special without Trent Williams.

So the stuff with BA is actually interesting.. the League wants teams to curtail players under contract trying to quietly hold out with fake injuries...

And SF just called him on it... if he refuses to play or practice, the league could strip his ufa status next season ... idk what that means, would he have to play under this contract, would he just be a RFA instead? Who knows

But if this turns ugly they may deal him before the league steps in

Their future hall of fame OT Trent Williams is holding out as well. John Lynch better get it in gear. That OL is nothing special without Trent Williams.

Williams is also incurring fines and he knows it. Hasn't been to a single team function this year. His beef is no guaranteed money.

He is due to make 20 / 22 / 32 million next three contract signed years.

Salute the nation

Watching the Aiyuk drama is really interesting from the perspective of seeing how Steelers fans react to what Aiyuk is doing vs how they reacted to Bell holding out or AB being a dipshit. It is good popcorn theater.

So the stuff with BA is actually interesting.. the League wants teams to curtail players under contract trying to quietly hold out with fake injuries...

And SF just called him on it... if he refuses to play or practice, the league could strip his ufa status next season ... idk what that means, would he have to play under this contract, would he just be a RFA instead? Who knows

But if this turns ugly they may deal him before the league steps in

He would be a FA, and SF can tag him for two years. First year at the highest level, with no contact with other clubs. So if Aiyuk wants die on that hill, his CBA will allow it.

I think Omar has moved on, that trade offer was predicated on Aiyuk being in PIT’s camp. He hasn’t practiced all spring/summer, has no knowledge of the play book, so he wouldn’t be ready until several weeks in season. Highsmith contract was restructured so I think there is something going on with HOU and Metchie III. But hey, CLE restructured Watson, so maybe they are trying to up the contract $ for Aiyuk to “like” playing in Cleveland. LOL, the Browns are screwed, Watson cap hit for the next two years is $70+ mil, even if he is released.

Steelers rumors
He would be a FA, and SF can tag him for two years. First year at the highest level, with no contact with other clubs. So if Aiyuk wants die on that hill, his CBA will allow it.

I think Omar has moved on, that trade offer was predicated on Aiyuk being in PIT’s camp. He hasn’t practiced all spring/summer, has no knowledge of the play book, so he wouldn’t be ready until several weeks in season. Highsmith contract was restructured so I think there is something going on with HOU and Metchie III. But hey, CLE restructured Watson, so maybe they are trying to up the contract $ for Aiyuk to “like” playing in Cleveland. LOL, the Browns are screwed, Watson cap hit for the next two years is $70+ mil, even if he is released.

A. The Cleveland debacle the next few years is hilarious.. i think they have less cap over the next 4 seasons than anyone else by a mile... when these guys they keep pushing out age out and must be cut or retire, they are gonna have a total meltdown...

B. in the CBA, it lists penalties for holding out while under contract in the season...like BA is apparently idiotically trying to do... it starts with a paltry fine and escalates to 45 grand a day iirc... it also allows teams to suspend them without pay for 4 games...

But the thing i dont understand is it says the league can penalize them 1 year accrued towards UFA status... I cant find a clarification if that means they have to play on the same contract the next season, or if they just become a RFA instead of a UFA...

Looks like BA didn't practice today...hmmmm.
Hmmmmm.....Same as every other day since training camp has started. Thanks for the update.

No surprise and glad there's a deal.
I never thought we'd see him in black & gold and was tired of the drama.

We waste so many players that it's mindblowing. Please make the Tomlick era end. Please.
A lot of teams have wasted a lot more players without the franchise wind we have had. Wins don't grow on trees. Ask the Browns and Bengals and Lions what wasting players is like. The Lions wasted one of the best ever in Sanders. I have gotten to witness 8 Super Bowls over 5 decades and with every coach we have had since I was born. I have only seen us play one game in 18 years in which we were eliminated from the playoffs before kickoff. So even with some ugly playoff losses the last decade I will gladly cheer for team and realize we could be a lot worse off.