• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Have A Deal In Place For Brandon Aiyuk

For our ribs we always grill and finish them off in the oven. Idk, that's the way they did it when I was growing up so I do it. Maybe so they don't dry out?
hmmmm

I smoke mine and then for the last hour or so they get wrapped in foil with some sauce or some liquid....but even those I cook the full time in the grill don't really dry out but they can get a bit dark on the edges.

Reactions: JMM
hmmmm

I smoke mine and then for the last hour or so they get wrapped in foil with some sauce or some liquid....but even those I cook the full time in the grill don't really dry out but they can get a bit dark on the edges.
I'd agree with this. It's a lot more fun to drink beer outside next to the grill than in a kitchen standing around the oven

Our last 3 playoff wins came vs 2 bums and one idiot bungle team.

Since our last glorious victory it's been..

But hey it's a new year, much like new love...

Losses are on both coaches and players

Players normally are the biggest impact assuming things fairly equal off the field (coaching and health) weather being an equalizer

A poor coach can certainly hamstring his squad and put them at a severe disadvantage vs a formidable coach…unfortunately the majority of winning playoff coaches are formidable which puts the Steelers at a severe disadvantage (should they get the needed help from about 4 teams and sneak into the tourney with their deer in headlights coach standing in his puddle of piss)

This disadvantage grows when the coach is predictable ✔️
This disadvantage grows also as a coach becomes too conservative ✔️
The disadvantage grows when the team is not ready from the very beginning of the game/prepared ✔️ ✔️

Our guys step into a playoff game looking unprepared and not positioned for victory and they fail, yes they fail at making many of the plays but are frequently fighting an uphill battle from the jump.
I don't disagree with that. It's just not ALL his fault.
I've said this a bit before, but Tomlin remaining the head coach and Rooney constantly continuing it. I didn't look at it this way before, but after the Defensive MVP last year, and Takeo Spikes saying Watt wasn't gonna win it due to the "changing politics of the NFL..." What did he mean? And does Rooney see that and figure I might as well keep him because are the players gonna respect one of these white, pajama boy head coaches? With the politics changing and all.

Sorry for the stream of consciousness posting. I'm drinking.

I'd agree with this. It's a lot more fun to drink beer outside next to the grill than in a kitchen standing around the oven
That's what the wife is for. You know women don't need watches cause of the clock on the stove

And the garden is going crazy! Sweet potatoes about a month away.tomatoes, beans and peppers going insane. Dug 250 lbs of potatoes today. Life is good
My wife and I are about tired of this canning forthe year, and we are not even half way through the season. All the early season fruit is still in the freezers. The taters are done for us too, 280#. Canned 45 quarts, processed and froze 50# of hash browns, smoked and froze 40# of home fries. This week it looks to be tomato sauce, juice, pizza sauce, and pasta sauce.

The wife tried something new this year. She dehydrated all the off cuts of the onions and ground it all into onion powder, got 1-1/2 quarts. She looked at the store and realized she saved a whole $18. Oh well, at least we know what is in it.

BTW Ribeyes are
My wife and I are about tired of this canning forthe year, and we are not even half way through the season. All the early season fruit is still in the freezers. The taters are done for us too, 280#. Canned 45 quarts, processed and froze 50# of hash browns, smoked and froze 40# of home fries. This week it looks to be tomato sauce, juice, pizza sauce, and pasta sauce.

The wife tried something new this year. She dehydrated all the off cuts of the onions and ground it all into onion powder, got 1-1/2 quarts. She looked at the store and realized she saved a whole $18. Oh well, at least we know what is in it.
Nice!!!! saved $18. but more importantly you know exactly what i in the food you are eating.

I canned 36 pints of Beefsteaks/amish paste toms Friday. brings total to 216 pints for winter. last year we started with 216. We used the last one this year in May. about 2 weeks before the 1st ripe tomato of the year.

Yep, someone showed me years ago. Grill first, then the oven, marinated with your choice of sauce.
They stay moist and tender.
100% agree. Oven makes them super tender

Yep, someone showed me years ago. Grill first, then the oven, marinated with your choice of sauce.
They stay moist and tender.
why not just wrap in foil and return to the grill....where ribs are supposed to be cooked?

Hey MT…..can you explain the process of smoked and froze 40# of home fries. Cheers.

I don't disagree with that. It's just not ALL his fault.
I've said this a bit before, but Tomlin remaining the head coach and Rooney constantly continuing it. I didn't look at it this way before, but after the Defensive MVP last year, and Takeo Spikes saying Watt wasn't gonna win it due to the "changing politics of the NFL..." What did he mean? And does Rooney see that and figure I might as well keep him because are the players gonna respect one of these white, pajama boy head coaches? With the politics changing and all.

Sorry for the stream of consciousness posting. I'm drinking.
I'm not sure what Spike meant by saying that: that white guys wouldn't win anything anymore? Not diverse enough? I have no idea.

You will be laughing at the rest of us from your efforts. I'm surprised, with my Dad's garden, that my parents never learned about canning. Come this time of year, we had tomatoes ALL OVER the place. Should have learned the art of canning. Now, what are you gonna do about protein?

Hey MT…..can you explain the process of smoked and froze 40# of home fries. Cheers.
Step 1. Wash taters
Step 2. Load smoker with charcoal
Step 3. Light charcoal and wait till 250 degrees
Step 4. Cover charcoal with 1-2” of mesquite chips, pack the smoker with taters, as full as possible, but only 1 layer per rack
Step 5. Set up comfortable deck chair, consume beer while “monitoring” smoker for the next 5-6 hours
Step 6. Repeat step 5 as necessary
Step 7. Take a piss on the compost pile as you go get another beer from “Beer Fridge” in workshop
Step 8. Repeat steps 6&7 as needed until taters are soft when stabbed with a rusty flathead screwdriver left on grill table all year.
Step 9. Remove taters from smoker, allow to cool.
Step 10. Put cooled taters in fridge uncovered overnight
Step 11. Get up early and cut taters into cubes, before the wife starts banging pots and pans that make your hangover worse.
Step 12. Place tater cubes on cookie sheets and freeze
Step 13. Day 3, bag frozen taters in freezer bags and put in the freezer.

This is a 3 day process. The key to excellent smoked home fries is to not rush day 1 or skip ANY steps.

You will be laughing at the rest of us from your efforts. I'm surprised, with my Dad's garden, that my parents never learned about canning. Come this time of year, we had tomatoes ALL OVER the place. Should have learned the art of canning. Now, what are you gonna do about protein?
See thread in Consession stand conversation

Step 1. Wash taters
Step 2. Load smoker with charcoal
Step 3. Light charcoal and wait till 250 degrees
Step 4. Cover charcoal with 1-2” of mesquite chips, pack the smoker with taters, as full as possible, but only 1 layer per rack
Step 5. Set up comfortable deck chair, consume beer while “monitoring” smoker for the next 5-6 hours
Step 6. Repeat step 5 as necessary
Step 7. Take a piss on the compost pile as you go get another beer from “Beer Fridge” in workshop
Step 8. Repeat steps 6&7 as needed until taters are soft when stabbed with a rusty flathead screwdriver left on grill table all year.
Step 9. Remove taters from smoker, allow to cool.
Step 10. Put cooled taters in fridge uncovered overnight
Step 11. Get up early and cut taters into cubes, before the wife starts banging pots and pans that make your hangover worse.
Step 12. Place tater cubes on cookie sheets and freeze
Step 13. Day 3, bag frozen taters in freezer bags and put in the freezer.

This is a 3 day process. The key to excellent smoked home fries is to not rush day 1 or skip ANY steps.
Thanks MT! The things that can make us Men happy. We really are simple souls. Thankfully I can now cut the second part of Step #11 out. She had that incredible gift of making me feel hungover without even touching a drop. 🙂

Not to continue highjacking this thread with Garden stuff, but if you have the ability to grow your own food, I highly suggest doing so.

Not only is it cheaper and tastes better, but you know exactly what was put into the food you eat.

public service announcement is over. Back to talking about BA.

I hear he is almost in Pittsburgh.

Not to continue highjacking this thread with Garden stuff, but if you have the ability to grow your own food, I highly suggest doing so.

Not only is it cheaper and tastes better, but you know exactly what was put into the food you eat.

public service announcement is over. Back to talking about BA.

I hear he is almost in Pittsburgh.
i thought this was about smoking ribs