• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers’ Omar Khan Is Working On Securing A Massive Playmaker: “Very Close To Landing A Significant Playmaker”

So if they DON'T end up with any "massive playmaker," which of the following will they do:

1.) Pretend/sell that whoever they DO sign (JuJu?) is that "massive playmaker?" You know, like put on a front that the less-than-stellar WR they DO end up signing is that "massive playmaker" they had been eying the whole time?
2.) Quietly admit they never really close the deal on who they had in mind and just shrug their shoulders and move on? You know, like the "Whaddayeagonnado?" attitude and just move on?

GP hasn't put up any #'s to deserve being paid top WR $.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PickGe00.htm

He's averaging a little less than 1,000 yards per season, 94 recp., 4.5 TDs per season. That's a solid notch below top WRs. We will see what he does with a real OC/QB this year. If he upgrades his production to 1,200 yrs, 100+ recpt and 10+ TDs, then we will have to decide on his pay.
You forgot to run those numbers through the Tomlin-Canada-Pickett conversion chart

With an average HC-OC-QB that translates to 1459 yards and 11 TDs

Those of course go even higher with a good HC-OC-QB combo, but alas average is the standard I’m told to hope for so I’ll hope we upgraded to average in 2 of the 3 spots

So if they DON'T end up with any "massive playmaker," which of the following will they do:

1.) Pretend/sell that whoever they DO sign (JuJu?) is that "massive playmaker?" You know, like put on a front that the less-than-stellar WR they DO end up signing is that "massive playmaker" they had been eying the whole time?
2.) Quietly admit they never really close the deal on who they had in mind and just shrug their shoulders and move on? You know, like the "Whaddayeagonnado?" attitude and just move on?
3) Sign a WR if the situation presents itself then not have to pretend or admit anything as all the reports WR related were speculative not brought on by the team.

You forgot to run those numbers through the Tomlin-Canada-Pickett conversion chart

With an average HC-OC-QB that translates to 1459 yards and 11 TDs

Those of course go even higher with a good HC-OC-QB combo, but alas average is the standard I’m told to hope for so I’ll hope we upgraded to average in 2 of the 3 spots
Yes, so I agree with your conversion chart altering GP' #s (although he is still going to have the same HC). Assuming the changes gets GP's #'s up to, say 1,300 yards, 11 TDs, we still have a massive gap at WR #2 to deal with. Or the D will just slide over to take GP out of the game.

Yes, so I agree with your conversion chart altering GP' #s (although he is still going to have the same HC). Assuming the changes gets GP's #'s up to, say 1,300 yards, 11 TDs, we still have a massive gap at WR #2 to deal with. Or the D will just slide over to take GP out of the game.
I agree on a massive gap. Yep

Maybe the "massive playmaker" is none other than Copeland.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.c...ring-back-wr-jacob-copeland-brandon-aiyuk-nfl

I mean, he did play at MD, so he's a gimmee Tomlin favorite (for why, no one seems to know, Tomlin's MD picks are batting nearly a .000 average at working out). But Copeland played at MD, so, of course, Shades wants him. I wonder if he'll enjoy the same success all of the other MD players have had in Pgh? (McFarland, Sean Davis, Antoine Brooks, Derwin Gray, Spenser Anderson).

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.c...ring-back-wr-jacob-copeland-brandon-aiyuk-nfl

I mean, he did play at MD, so he's a gimmee Tomlin favorite (for why, no one seems to know, Tomlin's MD picks are batting nearly a .000 average at working out). But Copeland played at MD, so, of course, Shades wants him. I wonder if he'll enjoy the same success all of the other MD players have had in Pgh? (McFarland, Sean Davis, Antoine Brooks, Derwin Gray, Spenser Anderson).
I presume he will enjoy roughly the same amount of success that you have had here.😁

HEYYY COOOOOOLLLLLLLLIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I still think they will check to see if there is an opportunity to sign/trade for Aiyuk or Sutton, but the uncomfortable back up plan is to sign one of the final WR cuts from another team at the end of pre-season. With all these outstanding rookie WR's, some veteran is going to get bumped out there and the Steelers will be waiting anxiously to make a signing.

He ain't lying folks....---Tomlin loves his Tidewater area homies for sure..

I’m on my iPad—can’t provide the link but Auyik is now OFFICIALLY seeking a trade. The 49ers unwilling to make a deal with him.

Get on the ******* phone, Omar!!!

I’m on my iPad—can’t provide the link but Auyik is now OFFICIALLY seeking a trade. The 49ers unwilling to make a deal with him.

Get on the ******* phone, Omar!!!
And he wants 28 million/year.
HARD PASS.

And he wants 28 million/year.
HARD PASS.
I agree with your displeasure…but…

Auyik very well could ask/play for less with us based on his innocuous messages on X early in this process.

I’m just saying, he’s proven he is a definite #2. The only person that will be directly impacted, this year, is Cam. Methinks “something” could be worked out, if the Khan-man works his magic…

Oh…one more thing…

This move REALLY makes sense for those bitching about the mediocrity of the Steelers. We’re INSTANT contenders IF it happens.

Oh…one more thing…

This move REALLY makes sense for those bitching about the mediocrity of the Steelers. We’re INSTANT contenders IF it happens.
Miners have already chimed in with they have no intention on trading him.

But yeah I would love the move. Won’t happen but yeah…