• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers’ Omar Khan Is Working On Securing A Massive Playmaker: “Very Close To Landing A Significant Playmaker”

Here is a scenario I wish would happen. Aiyuk to the Commanders for who cares. Steelers trade a 2nd round of this next coming draft and maybe a 3rd for 2026 and a Dri Archer rookie card for Terry McLaurin

I agree with your displeasure…but…

Auyik very well could ask/play for less with us based on his innocuous messages on X early in this process.

I’m just saying, he’s proven he is a definite #2. The only person that will be directly impacted, this year, is Cam. Methinks “something” could be worked out, if the Khan-man works his magic…
The Steelers have a good defensive in place and TJ Watt is going to be on the wrong side of 30 very soon. It should be an improved group with Fitzpatrick back in position, Porter in his second year, and Queen added to the mix. They have a revamped offensive line primed for a strong running game and play-action attack. Wilson, on paper, is a big upgrade at QB. I'm tired of watching bad football. Cap space can be manipulated and the Steelers have quite a bit without a big QB contract.

Would I like giving up a first? No. Did giving up a first for Minkah work out well? Absolutely. Aiyuk is a notch below the elite receivers in the league. He is absolutely the real deal and would be an exciting addition to help this team win now. I'm not interested in more mediocre seasons, so I would be totally cool if Khan went out an made this move. From the 49ers perspective, it makes zero sense to trade him though.

I’m torn. I would much prefer we draft our own great receiver. Those 4-5 year rookie contracts are everything. Obviously it would depend on what we have to give up. It’s a given he gets 25m plus.
Do I think Aiyuk puts us in contention for a SB? No I don’t.
This is based on the fact we have two cast off QB’s that are unproven. With both on a one year deal. I sure would like to have some confidence in that position first before we trade any high draft picks.
We wanted trenches fixed, establish a consistent good running game. Ball control. This might take at least 50% of the season with all the new faces.

On the other hand I think Aiyuk is the real deal. And my gut says that when George gets the opportunity to bolt for big bucks… he will.
Let’s get Calvin and our new draft choice plenty of playing time. Let’s see what we have.

I agree with your displeasure…but…

Auyik very well could ask/play for less with us based on his innocuous messages on X early in this process.

I’m just saying, he’s proven he is a definite #2. The only person that will be directly impacted, this year, is Cam. Methinks “something” could be worked out, if the Khan-man works his magic…
OK, if it's considerably less, and we don't have to give up the farm for him, I'm intrigued.
We have 16 million in cap space, and he's currently disgruntled and wanting a trade and he's making over 14 million/year.
Is he gonna take 16/year with us?
Let me shake the 8-Ball. Oh, look, it says "NOT FN LIKELY!"
And SF isn't going to just give him away for a Dri Archer rookie card ( Sorry for re-using. TOO good not to ).
He wants just under Justin Jefferson money and he's not just under Justin Jefferson talent.

IMO, Pickens can be a guy like Chase, Lamb or any of the top WRs. He's had **** at QB, **** at offensive coordinator and behind a bitchy teammate.
Now that all those are removed and Pickens is the de facto #1 on the team, he can shine.

and if he does, no doubt they lock him up long term to a big money contract. good thing is he'll have one year left on his rookie contract, so we could sign him to an extension after this year or give him another year to prove it with tags. Either way, we're currently in a damn good spot with Pickens' talent. Or we trade him after this year and gain some valuable picks.

But if we trade for Aiyuk, may as well kiss Pickens goodbye. No way do we have that much money invested in the WR spot when we also have Roman Wilson and CA3 on rookie deals and they'll be gaining valuable experience this year. Aiyuk, Pickens, Wilson and CA3 would be formidable... but next year we'd no doubt be looking to move George.

CA3 has an eternity to go before I'm worried about locking him into another contract...

I agree on all the points made on George though. And, yes, Aiyuk only interests me "if the price is right"... I'm not willing to give up the whole damn farm for him.

Prayerfully, Roman can step up quickly and be the desired #2 that we need!!!

Look, we are not a Brandon Aiyuk from contending for a SB. We’re not pure and simple.
Uncertainties at QB the most important position, two rookie OL, one solid TE who can’t stay healthy, very thin at WR.
Defense definitely the strong point of this football team but question marks on the DL.
CB opposite JPJ is light, slot Corner not resolved, the other safety not named Minkah could be an issue.
Keep your draft picks Steelers and draft your WR next year. I’m not expecting much this year anyway. Omar and Andy have done well with the two drafts they’ve had so keep your picks.

Sunk in and marinating!
According to the article we can pay the guy,
According to the article we have in the mid teens in cap room and he wants 30 million. With several moves and restructures sure the Steelers could probably afford him. After trading away a lot of draft capital and expending 30 million plus that definitely makes me want him less THIS season.

The 49ers will let him play this one out as they are actually contenders for the SB and the Steelers should make their move for him (if he is truly coveted by them) next year when he hits free agency that way they are only spending the very high salary demand of the player and not the draft capital demand the team will require.

Aiyuk will cost $25+ million per and at least a 1st and 2nd round pick. I just don't know if he's worth it as that also means GP is probably gone in a year.

It’s nice talking about, in so many ways, but I don’t think he is coming here or leaving SanFran.

Salute the nation

It’s nice talking about, in so many ways, but I don’t think he is coming here or leaving SanFran.

Salute the nation
Doesn’t look like they want to move him. Now if he takes the fines and sits out. Supposedly he suggested just that…. They might change their mind. So definitely an ongoing wait and see story.

I'm still saying pass. Sort out the QB. See what you have in the receiver room. Get reasonable faximile of him in next year's draft. This is not a SB team.
It's not even close to a SB team, starting with the HC, who is horrid and below the line. How's the DL doing? Subpar. The CBs? Not a full unit. WRs? Don't even get me started. QB? No. This is not a team that is even gonna win its div.

It's not even close to a SB team, starting with the HC, who is horrid and below the line. How's the DL doing? Subpar. The CBs? Not a full unit. WRs? Don't even get me started. QB? No. This is not a team that is even gonna win its div.
Yawn…

Martavis Bryant is available. We could bring him in for a look. If he doesn't pan out we could trade him to the Raiders again or perhaps Chicago? 🤔 🤪