• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers on "most improved" list for NFL teams

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/bears-eagl...-most-improved-teams-ahead-of-2024-nfl-season

The Steelers are a no-brainer for a list like this for one obvious reason: They finally have some decent options at quarterback. They’ve been searching for that since Ben Roethlisberger retired after the 2021 season and it’s cost them. Few teams have been harder to watch on offense lately than the Steelers. They at least have a chance to be more functional with the additions of Justin Fields and Russell Wilson to the roster. Both of those quarterbacks are best suited to operate with strong running games and it looks like Pittsburgh has every intention of returning to that identity. The Steelers used their first two picks of the draft on offensive linemen -- offensive tackle Troy Fautanu and center Zach Frazier -- and even wide receiver Roman Wilson, a third-rounder, is as talented at blocking as he is at catching passes. The other third-round pick, linebacker Payton Wilson, could be a steal as well. A long injury history knocked him down most draft boards but he’s a legit baller if he stays healthy. Remember, the Steelers made the playoffs last season despite a collection of issues, primarily on offense. All these new faces can make another postseason appearance much easier for head coach Mike Tomlin to achieve.

So, where would you find this team's results to end up if they truly are on the "most improved" list? They were 10-7 last year before they ended up on the "most improved" list, so I am guessing that a team being on the "most improved" list should expect their results to be better than last year. So, from 10-7 with a loss first week of the playoffs to where? Would 12-5 with a win in the 1st week of the playoffs be so hard to conjure/imagine? Maybe 2 playoff wins?

https://www.nfl.com/news/bears-eagl...-most-improved-teams-ahead-of-2024-nfl-season

So, where would you find this team's results to end up if they truly are on the "most improved" list? They were 10-7 last year before they ended up on the "most improved" list, so I am guessing that a team being on the "most improved" list should expect their results to be better than last year. So, from 10-7 with a loss first week of the playoffs to where? Would 12-5 with a win in the 1st week of the playoffs be so hard to conjure/imagine? Maybe 2 playoff wins?
Lot of guessing going on. I expect a playoff win but that schedule is pretty formidable.

But new season I don’t look at last and base anything on it. As you have a shitload of turnover with players, coaches combined.

Lot of guessing going on. I expect a playoff win but that schedule is pretty formidable.

But new season I don’t look at last and base anything on it. As you have a shitload of turnover with players, coaches combined.
Fair enough, I'm just saying if they belong on this list, I'm thinking one should expect an improvement in results, all things considered. But as you say, so much has changed, a lot in the air. If Art/Kahn have truly put the screws into Shades, that could be the biggest improvement they've got going. The release of Kenny could just be the beginning to a new standard. (Crossing fingers)

Most improved? That's not what my magic 8 ball says.

Most improved? That's not what my magic 8 ball says.
I think the list was "one of most improved" teams, not MOST improved. I think there is room for debate for them to be "among most improved" with new QBs and OL and a good draft. But with such accolades comes expectancies. Is a 2-game improvement in wins and a playoff win too much?

There’s two preseason lists you don’t want to be on :
1. Least improved
2. Most improved
Yes,, you can be like the Texans who were not on either list in 2023 and blow the F up.

There’s two preseason lists you don’t want to be on :
1. Least improved
2. Most improved

Your forgot……

”Greg’s” list

Salute the nation

there is a lot to be optimistic about this year. Better Line, Better Offensive Co, QB, Hopefully more consistent. rough schedule

Your forgot……

”Greg’s” list

Salute the nation
Being on that list is proving not to be an inconvenience in any way, the "elite" take care of each other. Bill Gates has been to the island 37 times and nothing.

Too early to tell prior to training camp, but I like what they've done this offseason. The QB situation alone is going to make things very interesting. Can't wait to see what the offense looks like.

Too early to tell prior to training camp, but I like what they've done this offseason. The QB situation alone is going to make things very interesting. Can't wait to see what the offense looks like.
Word out of OTAs is the offense is much more disciplined and deliberant. Players keep repeating things like "no more lip service with this offense," seemingly insinuating that there was room for excuses when Canada was running it. Imagine an NFL team being run like that and no one noticed how crap it was, up until almost 3 years? Unreal.

It's sure gonna be a hoot when your prediction is brought up during the season!
yes, like anyone believes this ****

you know most people post here for entertainment and do not mean 100% of what they type

only the biggest douchebags would try to claim this was serious prediction

Last year the Steelers were the media darlings in training camp. Pickett had a perfect passer rating. blah blah
They are much improved on paper.
But they are betting the house on high pedigree rookies, Old offensive never were's, and a short speedy rookie 3rd round WR to take them to the promised land.
Still could be a disaster at QB
I'll believe it when I see it

you know most people post here for entertainment and do not mean 100% of what they type

So nothing you say is a valid assertion? Got it.

Biggest douchebag............................. Yep

Coolie........................100% correct, not a douchebag, but could get there if he wanted to.

Salute the nation

PS Lloyd .................. Yep