• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Release Peterson

Nice to see them getting rid of the dead weight and not just kicking it down the road by restructuring the contract. More to come I hope.

That dude is still chasing Ayuk…

Im glad... I liked Peterson as a slot type CB, but those are a dime a dozen... if you let Maulet and especially Hilton walk ove a couple hundred grand, you cant keep Peterson for that spot at that cost.

CB is climbing in the need category... though Rush and Trice pan out its not nearly as bad

I'm a bit shocked at this news. Not upset. Just shocked...
I liked him but as a corner he wasn't really starting material anymore. Plus if they wanted to convert him to safety he wasn't exactly a great tackler.

I saw the writing on the wall, of course I still wish the guy well. I liked his shows....

Last edited:
Good. Tired of this being a rest home where veterans can sweet talk their way in.
Me too, I take this as a positive sign. I was fearful that Pat Pete's Cam-like words were gonna keep him and his inflated salary going; am very happy to see that didn't work.

We had a lot of dead wood. More chopping.

You know what shocked me about this guy. He seemed super mature in camp. Good mentor for young players. Then he is running his mouth before the 49ers game. Which really started season on wrong foot.

Remember Anthony Smith and his cheatriots predictions———

Salute the nation

The are pretty common sense cuts, I’m curious on the CAMERON contract as well………..

Salute the nation

It’s amazing we are getting better with just cutting players and not adding any yet.
Yeah, it's amazing.

It's also amazing that the Steelers signed guys like Peterson, Trubisky, and Robinson to multi-year deals just last season, yet are now piling up dead cap hits like it's snow in Buffalo in January.

I'd like to see them start giving some contracts out to guys who are actually going to play well enough to hang around for a while and earn those deals, so they don't have a shitload of dead wood to clear out next time around.

Yeah, it's amazing.

It's also amazing that the Steelers signed guys like Peterson, Trubisky, and Robinson to multi-year deals just last season, yet are now piling up dead cap hits like it's snow in Buffalo in January.

I'd like to see them start giving some contracts out to guys who are actually going to play well enough to hang around for a while and earn those deals, so they don't have a shitload of dead wood to clear out next time around.
Dead cap for the pat Pete and A Rob are minimum, contract was structured so the 1st year was cap friendly and there was an easy out on the 2nd year, I have zero problems with those two contracts and how where they handled.

Now Trubisky's, that's another conversation

Steelers around 25 M under the cap with zero restructures. maybe they actually make a small splash at the beginning of free agency