• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers VS Buffalo game thread# go Kenny!

Regardless of whether he's better than Mitch, he can't carry the team to a .500 season.

Feast or famine with him. Either a spectacular catch or missing a routine one or fumbling as he tries to juke and dance after the catch. He makes such incredible catches sometimes, it is unbelievable how he misses just normal routine balls thrown right to his hands.

Pickens has a chance to be very special. I think he has the mental toughness to do it as well. Claypool has all the gifts, all the talent in the world, but he is soft. Cannot make the combat catch.
Claypool lacks a very important thing which is football instincts. I thought he could turn a corner this year, but not looking promising so far

To defend DJ a bit, a lot of his plays are tough catches by design of the offense. So many contested throws and plays where he has to concentrate on tapping the toes on throws to the sideline. He should be running tons of slants and drags because he does get good separation and is good after the catch. Call plays to get him the ball in space.
Nah, receivers in the NFL today make these plays look routine. There's so much talent at the position and DJ rarely comes down with them.

I still think Kenny can make much more happen than Mitchell T. No matter what happens, Kenny can make them move down the field much better than Trubisky
He can. Canada keeps running stupid plays. Play to Kenny’s strengths. Keep the D honest with deep shots to Pickens or DJ(even if he drops). Get the TE’s involved underneath routed to help the running game. If I they could get the LB’s playing the TE’s simply run Najee up the middle.

It’s not a hard concept. Why Canada gets paid to make **** complicated is beyond me

McDermott and Tomlin are acquainted so he probably will not put a 50 or 60 spot on us. It’s already and embarrassment.

Yes. The play calling is atrocious
of course. Canada has got to go. At the end of the 3rd quarter would be fine with me as far as the timing. But Pickett is the real deal I believe.

And here come the Bills trying to run up the score now. Fiddy is in play. They need 19 and not a lot PIT can do about it. They are running down the field like they are playing Division II college defense.

Levi Wallace is now hurt. He may just want an excuse to not have to go in there. And I was reading somewhere that PIT has the highest paid defense overall. Is could that be right? Surely not.

Are there any generational players coming out of college next year?

Ok so Pickett comes out in the first half already down 7 and after a bad fumble… and throws the team down the field to get a field goal …

We then do run run pass for 3 3 and outs before letting him pass on early downs again

There is no run game to lean on… just totally quit using it as a primary offensive focus… its not worth it on early downs… use it as change of pace only

We wouldn't beat Duquesne right now

Nah, receivers in the NFL today make these plays look routine. There's so much talent at the position and DJ rarely comes down with them.
You might miss a few but no where near what DJ misses. At least one a game.

Irrelevant. As soon as KP was drafted, he became our QB. There is nothing to gain by wasting a year with a journeyman QB

KP should have started the season
Bullshit, you waste a first round draft pick if you destroy Pickett in this offense. There is nothing to gain by playing him right now. This team is a dumpster fire.