• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers will NOT be on the field for National Anthem.

I love you Bussy...Has he spoken out about this bullshit?

I teared up watching this. That's a REAL football player and a patriotic American. I repeat "I love you Bussy". The clip running over Urlacher will forever be classic.

So now the Penguins are racist?

Everyone is a racist to SV. Everyone. Even some blacks.

Dude called me a White Supremacist-sympathizing dick...after reading the stories about the young black man we've mentored, who we love, and reading about all the work we've done with him for years; after reading that my white son is taking a beautiful (I met her Friday night, she really is) black female to home coming.

Today's state of affairs: The Left has convinced its followers that all Conservatives are racists now. They used Charlottesville as the launching pad to this conclusion. And minions the nation over have bought into it and repeat the accusations they are fed like good little zombies. We've seen it on this very board with anyone from the Left. Tibs, Elfie, and SV have called Conservatives White Supremacists and Racists.

It doesn't matter who you are or what you've done, like my family. I'm conservative and I just therefore be racist...my actions be damned.

Well of course they would. You should show a side by side picture of their roster vs the Warriors.

Wtf?

How are the Penguins racist?
By all means their statement was neutral in response. Pretty moderate and respectful of the country/WH imo

Read the comments

Hiding out is disrespecting the anthem. As a lifetime Steelers supporter....go hide in your safe space! Lost my support forever. Glad you lost!!!

POS garbage leader. We're not gunna play politics and then has whole team minus one REAL MAN hide in the locker room. Bunch of uneducated spoiled ignorant anti-American bigots.

Glad to see the Steelers lost today after the disrespect to our veterans.

Mike Tomlin can go jump in a wood chipper.Disrespecting all the men and women who have served and died for this country over political correctness???????? **** YOU TOMLIN!!!!!! The Chief is rolling over in his grave on your watch.Pathetic! You believe in hype over reality your record on the road vs ****** teams proves it.You are more hype than reality and your team feeds on it.Screw you! Is it time to unleash hell yet?

I didn't appreciate being drug into this bullshit" Well that being said and very understandable then make a statement back to the President that you didn't appreciate his comments. Unlike your hometown hockey team did accepting his invitation to the White House. Beyond that stand for the National Anthem, show respect to those men and woman who fought for your right to "protest." While you empowered your team to discuss the issue, You as a leader did NOT show direction

Lazy *** *******!! GLAD you ***** lost. Too proud to stand up during the National Anthem. Hope you ******* go broke soon. LOVE ALL the videos of fans burning your crap.Jackass coach. What a worthless ****!

Mike: We're going to hide in here until the anthem is over.

Alejandro: Yeah, you can eat a dick coach, try and stop me....

**** Mike Tomlin. Hope he's happy his team left a veteran alone standing for the national anthem and our flag. ******* sickening.

No one on the Steelers have taken a "Kaepernick knee" before; not last season nor this season, so why start now?? The players did not protest a "cause" yesterday. They protested.... just for spite. Just because the President had something to say about it. Did the President have to opine? No. But the players did not have to respond either. The..."Oh yeah?.. Well we'll show you," response and all the backlash..... is on them.

Wtf? How are the Penguins racist? By all means their statement was neutral in response. Pretty moderate and respectful of the country/WH imo

I think it has more to do with the fact around 2/3 of the roster aren't Americans.

quotes-NOW-THAT-S-COURAGE-2.jpg

Tomlin crowing to a CBS sideline reporter about how his team would demonstrate “unity” by staying in the locker room.

Then he got bitchslapped!

The Whole World's Watching!

I think it has more to do with the fact around 2/3 of the roster aren't Americans.

He said "Well of course they would. You should show a side by side picture of their roster vs the Warriors."

I don't know about you, but I don't think that you can tell someone is Canadian by looking at a picture. Pretty sure he meant that they are going because they are white.

Too soon?

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fofficialthekicker%2Fvideos%2F933491163483404%2F&show_text=1&width=560" width="560" height="401" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Alejandro Villanueva’s patriotic gesture earned praise from millions of Americans.

Sales of his jersey skyrocketed, catapulting him to the No. 1 all-time bestseller among Pittsburgh Steelers. Villanueva’s jersey is also now of the NFL’s top sellers, according to 247 Sports

The top-selling @steelers jersey on @Fanatics this morning. #Villanueva #StandForTheAnthem #StandForTheFlag

https://twitter.com/dagenmcdowell/s...a-stood-anthem-look-t-shirt-sales-soar-540265

We're not gunna play politics and then has whole team minus one REAL MAN hide in the locker room. Bunch of uneducated spoiled ignorant anti-American bigots.

21768060_10214735570211596_329035940497326143_n.jpg

He said "Well of course they would. You should show a side by side picture of their roster vs the Warriors."

I don't know about you, but I don't think that you can tell someone is Canadian by looking at a picture. Pretty sure he meant that they are going because they are white.

NHL players stand for the US National Anthem every game, as well as the Canadian Anthem when a team from Canada is playing. While there are many US and Canada-born players, you do have players from Russia, Czech Republic, Sweden, Norway, Swiss, on and on. Everyone stands for the NA. Everyone. Black, White, Chinese, Japanese, Indian. . . just saying.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My grandpa is a 97 year-old WWII vet & Missouri farmer who wanted to join w/ those who <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TakeaKnee?src=hash">#TakeaKnee</a>: "those kids have every right to protest." <a href="https://t.co/LurCj7SLUB">pic.twitter.com/LurCj7SLUB</a></p>— Brennan Gilmore (@brennanmgilmore) <a href="https://twitter.com/brennanmgilmore/status/911960316220764160">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Goodell should cite the rule book and start fining and suspending the kneelers. He needs to do something, quickly, because the NFL may have cut their own throat yesterday. But he won't, because he's a giant *****. After around 40 years of dedicating my Sundays to Steeler games, I might have watched my last one. I'm still deciding.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My grandpa is a 97 year-old WWII vet & Missouri farmer who wanted to join w/ those who <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TakeaKnee?src=hash">#TakeaKnee</a>: "those kids have every right to protest." <a href="https://t.co/LurCj7SLUB">pic.twitter.com/LurCj7SLUB</a></p>— Brennan Gilmore (@brennanmgilmore) <a href="https://twitter.com/brennanmgilmore/status/911960316220764160">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's senile. No, they don't have that right. They are employed by the NFL, and the NFL has rules. But their commissioner is a coward. My company has rules/policy too. You don't have the right to protest them in the workplace. If you do, I will fire you.

Bills stadium worker quits following team anthem protests

When the Bills took a knee a stadium worker chose to take a walk.

New Era Field employee Erich Nikischer quit his job at the stadium after 30 years Sunday after several Bills players knelt during the national anthem and others locked arms in response to President Donald Trump's remarks.

"I waited until the National Anthem ended, I took off my shirt, threw my Bills hat on the ground, walked out," Nikischer told WGRZ.

He also said he will never go back to New Era Field again and he won't watch another NFL game until protests stop.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-quits-team-anthem-protests-article-1.3520012

-----------------------

I think fans need to organize their own protest.

Show up for the National Anthem, then leave their seats and walk out ....so the first snap tv coverage shows empty stadiums

They can watch the 1st qtr on the concourses - that'll shake the owners up - empty stadiums in EVERY game on Sunday tee vee!

That's going a bit far, Indy, but to each their own. It's going to be interesting how fans at Heinz reacts to the Steelers when they come out and if the stadium is full. I do get what Tomlin and the players were trying to do, but I think it back-fired on them. With AV the only player on the field while the whole team is in the tunnel puts them in a bad light. A lot of fans don't want to hear about decisive or 100% participation. It's what they saw as the NA was being played.

Some are calling the picture photo-shopped. Looks to me like the video was actually blacked out by the media to not show the team standing there. Just look at the jerseys. They have the Rooney logo. They have only had those jerseys for what, 2 weeks. I seriously doubt there is another picture they could have used to photo shop into the one with Villaneuva. I am still pissed at what they did and even more so at Tomlin for giving Villaneuva a hard time for leaving the tunnel. This stunt not only lost the NFL thousands of fans but lost the team thousands of fans. Perception is reality and sadly, the media is making the Steelers look like flag haters to suit their narrative.

Some are calling the picture photo-shopped. Looks to me like the video was actually blacked out by the media to not show the team standing there. Just look at the jerseys. They have the Rooney logo. They have only had those jerseys for what, 2 weeks. I seriously doubt there is another picture they could have used to photo shop into the one with Villaneuva. I am still pissed at what they did and even more so at Tomlin for giving Villaneuva a hard time for leaving the tunnel. This stunt not only lost the NFL thousands of fans but lost the team thousands of fans. Perception is reality and sadly, the media is making the Steelers look like flag haters to suit their narrative.

Very true. The Steelers and Tomlin, in particular, are getting lambasted everywhere. This is not good PR. People are burning their Steeler ****. How one Sunday has flipped so drastically.

Newt!! LMAO!

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) fired back at NFL players and owners who objected to Trump's criticism of them kneeling for the national anthem.

He said it was "frustrating" that "millionaires who say they are underprivileged" are able to go about disrespecting our country and its veterans.

"I don't tune in to [sports] to worry about politics," he said.

"I find it very offensive," Gingrich said, adding that he believes kneeling players have sent sports down a slippery slope that will ultimately lead to the anthem no longer being played at games.

"They're not exactly oppressed," he said of people like Colin Kaepernick who refuse to stand for presentations of colors at games.

He said that it is their right to take "all their after-tax income and give it to some left-wing nutcase group," but that the anthem is sacred.

"Don't impose on me your sense of somehow, you feel oppressed," Gingrich said. "If you're a multimillionaire who feels oppressed, you need a therapist [and] not a publicity stunt."

No. Trump's a ******* hypocrite.

Notice how quick the moral midgets go from " I just want to watch football " to "we want to include our brand of social justice into the sport". Trump had nothing to do with this, the left has been after football for a long time , so anyone using Trump as an excuse is just covering for the fact that the Libs want the game to fall into their grasp and control and are using the "hands up-don't shoot" dumbasses to move things along is workin' jus fine.

I've said this before and keep going back because I can't help myself but I'm done ! I'm done arguing with Euro trash Trolls, race baiting progressive militants and Libtard dumb *****. The NFL has gotten my last dime and while I may still watch an occasional game, I will now spend my sports watching time elsewhere where the NFL isn't involved.