• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers will NOT be on the field for National Anthem.

Stand up you son of a *****, you’re fired! I ******* love it!!!! You kneeling thug punk ***** need to show a little respect for the country that makes you millionaires, you ungrateful *****. You don’t like our flag? Go play in Zimbabwe. You think our police are too tough? Try not breaking the law. **** you, NFL. You have a **** product. You have turned it into flag football. And **** you, Tomlin, you suck! You are a ****** coach. You can’t beat the ****** teams and you choke and can’t game plan against playoff teams.

Yea, me too Indy. I'm tired of the nerdowells of this Country demanding equality based solely on the color of their skin instead of their morality and character. As far as I am concerned, the NFL is just another neighborhood left in ashes by the thugs that live there.

60 years of loyalty and devotion down the tubes.

Now where is that Penguins site again ?

Last edited:
Tomlin is a piece of ****. Art Sr. would roll over in his grave if he saw what a liberal panty waste team his organization has turned into. Led by a soft dumbass coach who has no clue what he's doing and who can't even speak right.

The fans are making their feelings known. The backlash in Pittsburgh will be deep this week. I wonder how Tomlin and Co. will handle things in the weeks to come especially when we're home against the Jags in two weeks.

Patriotic NFL Fan Torches All His Steelers Gear, Boycotts League: “We Stand for This Country!”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ers-gear-boycotts-league-stand-country-video/

uteT0ns.png

Chicago fans let the Steelers know how they felt...

Steelers booed for disrespecting our National Anthem!

If anyone can explain how taking a knee during the National Anthem is more disrespectful than mocking the military service of POWs (AKA "those who allowed themselves to be captured") I'd love to hear it. That's taking YUGE knee.

If anyone can explain how taking a knee during the National Anthem is more disrespectful than mocking the military service of POWs (AKA "those who allowed themselves to be captured") I'd love to hear it. That's taking YUGE knee.

So two wrongs make a right? Got it.

it was asinine then and is now. Another example of him talking out of his ***, which as Buster said, two wrongs don't make a right. I think the wrong platform is being used for all of this, but that's just my feelings. We can all see how this is going out of control. Whether the Steelers are trying to take the high road to players feel of injustice and kneeling, the NFL is now the center of this **** storm, like it or not. People are buring their gear, turning off the TV, canceling Sunday Ticket, etc. Like I said, I think it's the wrong platform to incorporate politics with sports. That goes from Kaep to Trump. I just wanted to watch the Steelers/Bears and it was over-taken by the NA.

Tomlin Did Not Want Villanueva To Stand For Anthem

Just like I told you already - Honoring the flag is now a PROTEST MOVEMENT!

Alejandro Villanueva appearance surprised Steelers during anthem

CHICAGO -- Alejandro Villanueva's emergence from the Soldier Field tunnel during Sunday's national anthem surprised many members of the Pittsburgh Steelers, a source told ESPN.

Villanueva, a former Army Ranger who served terms in Afghanistan, was the lone Steeler to appear despite an expectation from Saturday's players-only meeting that the entire team would remain in the locker room, the source said.

The starting left tackle was a key figure in the team's protest planning because of his background. Players wanted to accommodate Villanueva, who expressed during their 30-minute session that he didn't want to be singled out, the source said. Moving the protest off the field entirely was a way to keep solidarity without isolating an individual.

James Harrison told PennLive.com that he did not think anyone was exempt from the pregame plan.

"We thought we were all in attention with the same agreement, obviously," Harrison told PennLive.com. "But I guess we weren't."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20810701/pittsburgh-steelers-surprised-alejandro-villanueva-move

Just like I told you already - Honoring the flag is now a PROTEST MOVEMENT!

Alejandro Villanueva appearance surprised Steelers during anthem

CHICAGO -- Alejandro Villanueva's emergence from the Soldier Field tunnel during Sunday's national anthem surprised many members of the Pittsburgh Steelers, a source told ESPN.

Villanueva, a former Army Ranger who served terms in Afghanistan, was the lone Steeler to appear despite an expectation from Saturday's players-only meeting that the entire team would remain in the locker room, the source said.

The starting left tackle was a key figure in the team's protest planning because of his background. Players wanted to accommodate Villanueva, who expressed during their 30-minute session that he didn't want to be singled out, the source said. Moving the protest off the field entirely was a way to keep solidarity without isolating an individual.

James Harrison told PennLive.com that he did not think anyone was exempt from the pregame plan.

"We thought we were all in attention with the same agreement, obviously," Harrison told PennLive.com. "But I guess we weren't."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20810701/pittsburgh-steelers-surprised-alejandro-villanueva-move

I thought Harrison was my fav Steeler player. Not anymore!!! Alejandro Villanueva you are our next lucky winner. :)

This team has problems.

This could unravel and destroy the entire season.
Next weeks game will tell the tale.

Tomlin needs to do whats best for the Pittsburgh Steeler organization, and tell his team that they made their "stand" on Sunday, and now its time to move on...

Respect the flag/anthem and start focusing on what you get paid to do.

If you want to be a political activist...quit football and go sign up for that!

This team has problems.

This could unravel and destroy the entire season.
Next weeks game will tell the tale.

Tomlin needs to do whats best for the Pittsburgh Steeler organization, and tell his team that they made their "stand" on Sunday, and now its time to move on...

Respect the flag/anthem and start focusing on what you get paid to do.

If you want to be a political activist...quit football and go sign up for that!

Bingo! Do that **** on your own time and dime. It's bad for business.

Anyone know what the ratings were for the Steelers game? I see Sunday night was down nearly 11%.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

It's going to be interesting to see the reception they get at next home game. With the stupid anthem bullshit and the high likelihood of limping back home 2 - 2 after two straight losses. Something tells me it ain't going to be pretty.

Dude. The LA riots happened in 1992. Under Bush the first.

You're delusional.

They happened. Just like Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin and Baltimore and Minneapolis etc, et al, and on and on happened under Obama. You are still missing the point (not a surprise). As I said, if we want to use your logic, we've been divided since the 70s. Maybe the 60s. Maybe prior. But Bush didn't jump into the LA Riots fray in any other way than politically to call out the lawlessness, deploy the National Guard, and ask for peace. That is not divisional. Obama did jump into every one of the incidents I mentioned, passed a verdict and his opinion to the public, preached to the country, told us these "poor souls" were innocent when they were not, and FUELED riots with his divisive comments.

He did fan the flames of BLM leading to regular police assassinations. He did launch a war on Christianity while uplifting Islam. He did pit illegal immigrants against White Americans. He did file hate crime charges against one white knock-out game assailant and none against the thousands of black knock-out game assailants. This is just an appetizer of the actions Obama took that divided.

You can't point to the ACTIONS of any President that promoted divide more than Obama.

i think it's preposterous and misplaced for millionaire professional athletes refuse to stand for the National Anthem. That being said, I still hold them in higher regard than the Mike Vicks and Kevin Hardys of the NFL. Let's keep things in perspective, people.

It's also blatantly spelled out and against the rules:

Pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states:

"The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

"During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses."

Last edited: