• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers will not stand today

When we traded you to Hungary for Sebastian Gorka, we got the better end of the deal. Sorry if it offends you.

LOL, I'm American and Gorka is British, but I get your drift.

I find what the Jags and Ravens did to be much more disrespectful than what the Steelers, Titans, and Seahawks did. Kneeling for your country's anthem OVERSEAS and then STANDING for the hos country's anthem? Appalling. HOWEVER......they can do what they please as it is their right.

Not sure why everyone is so upset at what the Steelers did. What is the alternative? They could have came out and had a few players be jackasses or they could have all been told to stand or kneel or whatever which defeats the purpose of a free country. I think they took the best route. However i just read this article and it really pissed me off. The low down is Harrison and apparently some others were upset that villanueva went out by the tunnel. What a bunch of morons. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20810701/pittsburgh-steelers-surprised-alejandro-villanueva-move

I'm one more **** show like this weekend away from turning it off. I turned off baseball after the last strike they had. People do not need football to survive. It's just entertainment.When it's no longer entertaining people will leave. I was down to just watching Steeler games and now that is ****** up too.

The NFL lost a **** ton of fans and money this weekend. I suggest they burn some flags next weekend and finish the deal. The NFL cares about one thing most and that's money. They wouldn't be playing games in ******* England if they didn't.

I think it's gonna get worse. People have given up decades of fandom like that.
I love my country like any proud American, I think the reactions are impulsive at the moment however.

Until the politics die down, fans will turn away.

Agreed. We can all thank President Trump for ******* up an entire weekend of football. You have to think this is an attempt to distract from something else. There is no way he is this obtuse to create this type of uproar for no good reason. Nobody even noticed / cared about the few players that were kneeling. Kaepernick's been out of the league for almost a year now. This was a non-issue until Trump brought it to the forefront and stirred up the simmering embers. The man is a disgrace to the office and those that support him are no better. Sorry if that offends anyone.

he expressed an opinion. One that many people share. It wasnt a wise choice. It would all die down eventually. Im not offended by you. Im propped up . Sorry he RUINED EVERYTHING for you.

You're ignoring some factors.

The concussion scandal has parents not wanting their kids to watch or play the game. More people are moving their fantasy to online sources and are getting their stats that way instead of TV. NFL Red Zone isn't counted in the ratings, and it's more popular than ever.

It's way more complicated than "politics".

So dads still not watching the game? And I have got my fantasy stats online for a decade now never stopped me from watching the early and late games.

Those factors are minute compared to the politics that are being forced. I've said before and I will say it again. During the week say and do what you like. During the game play football for and that's it. Leave the rest of it at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I find what the Jags and Ravens did to be much more disrespectful than what the Steelers, Titans, and Seahawks did. Kneeling for your country's anthem OVERSEAS and then STANDING for the hos country's anthem? Appalling. HOWEVER......they can do what they please as it is their right.

I agree. I saw a commenter state basically "Trump bad. The Queen good." What? The "Queen" is one of the most corrupt fiends out there.

I agree he voiced an opinion and didn't tell them what to do.

He's appealing to or trying to, appeal to many Americans who put him into office. lowest common denominator? Deplorables?

I don't think he should have opened his mouth on the subject. BUT I take issue with calling people the lowest common denominator.

We all have our own opinions of the validity or appropriateness of these protests, but to call the players who in their mind have legitimate grievances "sons of *******", I'm sorry, that is childish and immature and appealing to the lowest common denominator. If he felt the need to weigh in on this he could have at least expressed his disagreement in an intelligent, adult manner.

We all need to try and listen and hear and understand each others' points of view. Knee jerk, black and white thinking is to me, the lowest common denominator.

Again. YOU WILL BE BACK.

You will whine. You will Complain. You will piss. You will moan.

And then...

YOU WILL BE BACK

Jesus you're daft. Try to grab the points that are flying over your head. SNF ratings are plummeting. Not bad. Disturbingly bad. 11% year to year drop in ratings:

----------------------------------

http://deadline.com/2017/09/redskin...r-trek-discovery-donald-trump-nbc-1202176141/

‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Down Again On Day Of Player Protests

On a day full of criticisms from Donald Trump, political protests, linked arms, players taking a knee or not coming on the field during the National Anthem and renewed pleas for unity from the league NBC and the NFL took a hit last night on Sunday Night Football.

In metered market numbers, the primetime match-up between the 27-10 winning Washington Redskins and the Oakland Raiders snared an 11.6/20.

The worst SNF has performed this season so far, that’s an 8% dip from the early numbers of last week’s Atlanta Falcon’s 34-23 win over the Green Bay Packers. Gaining cheers and boos from fans at FedEx Field in Maryland last night, the third week of SNF for the 2017-2018 season declined 10% from early numbers of the comparable game of last year on September 25, 2016.

In 2016, ratings dropped 11%. Last year, 32% of surveyed Americans said they were less likely to watch NFL games specifically because of these protests. They were far and fewer then. That number is rising.

Overall NFL attendance numbers are dropping.

-----------------------------------

Sponsors are beginning to withhold dollars.....

http://newlypress.com/sponsor-drops-brandon-marshall-for-kneeling-during-national-anthem.html

Sponsor Drops Brandon Marshall For Kneeling During National Anthem

Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall is out a sponsorship deal after he kneeled during the national anthem before Thursday night’s game against the Carolina Panthers.

Air Academy Federal Credit Union posted to Facebook that, “although we have enjoyed Brandon Marshall as our spokesperson over the past five months, Air Academy Federal Credit Union (AFFCU) has ended our partnership.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoz...tests-rise-and-tv-ratings-slump/#40d7c8b24eec

NFL Broadcasting Stocks Slump As Protests Rise And TV Ratings Fall

During the past month the overall stock market is up more than 2% but shares of companies that broadcast NFL games--Comcast, Walt Disney, Fox, CBS--are all down between 1% to 8%.

Ratings for the the NFL have been worse this season and attendance for some games has also been disappointing. The networks will pay over $5 billion this season to televise the NFL and were already facing unflattering margins on advertising profits. An article in The Hollywood Reporter reckons the drop in NFL ratings could trim the broadcaster's earnings by $200 million. Disney's ESPN, meanwhile, also continues to get hammered by cord-cutting.

------------------------------------

NFL Attendance is down....

Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall is out a sponsorship deal after he kneeled during the national anthem before Thursday night’s game against the Carolina Panthers.

Air Academy Federal Credit Union posted to Facebook that, “although we have enjoyed Brandon Marshall as our spokesperson over the past five months, Air Academy Federal Credit Union (AFFCU) has ended our partnership.”

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-attendance-down-2017-9

----------------------------------

You can continue to try to put lipstick on this pig and fool yourself to sleep at night believing Americans support this weekly disrespect of the flag. It's an uber minority that do. The vast majority ore offended by it and they are speaking with their dollars and their remote controls. You may think it's not an issue, but it is in fact a cancer and the NFL better be looking at treatment.

You're ignoring some factors.

The concussion scandal has parents not wanting their kids to watch or play the game.

Can you actually get a concussion from watching football?

and it's all this ******* fault

Him and Obama's Muslim Brotherhood

DKdy_RTUQAAVTec.jpg:large

and it's all this ******* fault

Him and Obama's Muslim Brotherhood

DKdy_RTUQAAVTec.jpg:large

Now there's someone that's bat **** crazy, Linda Sarsour. Good job, Kaep aligning yourself with an anti-american psycho. His girlfriend looks like she could eat an apple through a chain linked fence.

Can you actually get a concussion from watching football?

This is a Fox and Friends classic: the intentional misinterpretation. I understand why conservatives don't respond to reason: the logical fallacy is your bread and butter.

Tim:
As for SNF ratings, that Raider game was a stinker. It was never competitive. Put up two or three good games in a row, and ratings will be back.

This is a Fox and Friends classic: the intentional misinterpretation. I understand why conservatives don't respond to reason: the logical fallacy is your bread and butter.

I was mostly making a joke, but since we are on the subject, what did I intentionally misinterpret? You can answer when your ban is over, as I will still be here. Thanks.

NASCAR Owners Side With Trump: People Who Don't Stand 'Ought to Be Out of the Country'

Many NASCAR owners spoke out against the protests from other sports.

When asked what he would do if one of his employees protested during the anthem, team owner Richard Childress replied that he would "get you a ride on a Greyhound bus when the national anthem is over. I told them anyone who works for me should respect the country we live in. So many people have gave their lives for it. This is America."

Richard Petty, a team owner who won a seven championships as a driver, also said there would be consequences for those who didn't respect the anthem.

"Anybody that don't stand up for that ought to be out of the country. Period," Petty said. "If they don't appreciate where they're at ... what got them where they're at? The United States."

http://people.com/sports/nascar-owners-side-with-trump-on-national-anthem-debate/

Tomorrow's headline..."Richard Petty 100% against freedom.of speech"

Because that's exactly what he said, right?

Boycott everyone!

Advertisers To NFL And Its Players: Clean Up Your Act. Or Else...

The actions of a few players are giving the NFL a black eye in front of the companies that contribute heavily to the profitability of the league and its 32 member franchises. Advertisers are hearing feedback from American consumers that the off the field conduct of some players is unacceptable to the American public. This is especially true with the female market, the segment of the buying public which has the biggest impact on how disposable income is spent.

Anheuser-Busch became the latest big budget spender to send a message to the league. The St. Louis based brewer spends tens of millions of dollars each season to purchase air time during the games. On Tuesday, they made their position abundantly clear with the following press release:

"We are disappointed and increasingly concerned by the recent incidents that have overshadowed this NFL season. We are not yet satisfied with the league's handling of behaviors that so clearly go against our own company culture and moral code. We have shared our concerns and expectations with the league."

Under the brewery's current deal, they are committed to a total of $1.2 billion over the next six years. In addition to its deal with the league, Anheuser-Busch and its independent distributors also have deals with over three quarters of the league's 32 franchises. While they have not threatened to pull the plug on the revenue just yet, they are getting some serious attention from the power brokers in the league.

It is not just the Budweiser family of companies that are taking a stand. The Radisson Hotel Group, a corporate sponsor of the Minnesota Vikings, announced that it too was fed up with the misconduct of players and the relatively soft stance the league has been taking. The hospitality company suspended its relationship with the Vikings until there is an acceptable resolution to the Adrian Peterson child abuse issue.

"Radisson takes this matter very seriously, particularly in light of our long-standing commitment to the protection of children. We are closely following the situation and effective immediately, Radisson is suspending its limited sponsorship of the Minnesota Vikings while we evaluate the facts and circumstances."

Those who make the decisions in on Madison Avenue are giving the powers that be in the NFL's crystal palace an opportunity to rectify the situation, but if things don't change and the advertisers start feeling the impact on their bottom line, there will be some changes made in how a few key players in the marketing world shell out their revenue. That is one thing that will get the attention of the NFL

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/adver...t-040002466.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=fb

Advertisers To NFL And Its Players: Clean Up Your Act. Or Else...

Now this is an animal of a completely different problem right here. The NFL while worried about it's fans, knows they will come back...they always do.

They are scared to act too harshly with the players for fear the the union will call for a walk out, sit down...whatever...not good for any length of time.

But sponsors are a very public concern and a source of revenue that the league and individual teams both depend on.

I'll bet you couldn't drive a needle up ole Rogers *** with a 10# sledge right now.

Tomorrow's headline..."Richard Petty 100% against freedom.of speech"

Because that's exactly what he said, right?

Freedom of speech means that congress won't pass any laws making freedom of speech a crime. It doesn't provide any protection from getting your *** kicked for talking ****

Now this is an animal of a completely different problem right here. The NFL while worried about it's fans, knows they will come back...they always do.

They are scared to act too harshly with the players for fear the the union will call for a walk out, sit down...whatever...not good for any length of time.

But sponsors are a very public concern and a source of revenue that the league and individual teams both depend on.

I'll bet you couldn't drive a needle up ole Rogers *** with a 10# sledge right now.

If they lose bud light, mcdonalds, gatorade, pepsi.
That's a lot of money there.

I know they have a lot more sponsors than that. But those are the big time sponsors.
Anhauser-Busch is not having it. That's one warning.

Only problem is how many players will continue to kneel?
Even if the owners start cracking down. I think the players would strike.

The nfl just isn't the same right now. I really do hope these guys understand and get it right. I'm hoping

Last edited:
When is the current CBA up for renewal? I hope there is a work stoppage and they never play again. That will make it easy for all of us.

When is the current CBA up for renewal? I hope there is a work stoppage and they never play again. That will make it easy for all of us.

2020 I believe. I could be wrong