• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers will not stand today

You seem to have forgotten who it is you're talking to. I took a Option 40 contract at 34 years old, lady. Who the **** does that? I'd still be in if my knee still worked right.

I love America. Signed my life away in 2005 even though I didn't even believe in the war. Because someone had to go, and the Young Republican chicken hawks were dodging recruiters. When you were watching Kim blow up his first nuke on TV in 2006, I WAS THERE LADY. I posted it RIGHT HERE ON THIS BOARD.

So why don't you go tell some of your yellow bellied chicken hawk friends, and draft dodging ******* like YOUR PRESIDENT than instead of whining about the flag they SHOULD HAVE SERVED WHEN IT WAS THEIR TURN.

Nice deflection.

Nice deflection.
Good For You...Irrelevant...You obviously didn't comprehend my post! Hope you feel better Man ...sounds like you wear your emotions on your sleeve...wanna tissue? Again Assumptions...Until Actual Facts are disclosed I will not stand corrected...Lets Focus on Next Weeks game and stop whimpering on here...

💋JazzyJazzz808💋

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/LPHXLKEOZw6T6" width="480" height="366" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/crazy-LPHXLKEOZw6T6"></a></p>

th
10puvd.jpg

Tim and Chip have taught me well :biggrin-new:

I don't deflect. You come at me, I come back. As in the other thread that you'd not read when you accused me of being a White Supremacist sympathizer and a dick, and when I asked you to read the rest of the thread and the stories about how my family has bent over backwards to make a difference in real life - not like the SJW athletes that kneel and do nothing - you walked away.

Come at me again, I won't deflect again.

Got a whole lot of the pot calling the kettle black here BRO.

Richard Sherman nails it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The behavior of the President is unacceptable and needs to be addressed. If you do not Condemn this divisive Rhetoric you are Condoning it!!</p>— Richard Sherman (@RSherman_25) <a href="https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/911597861195993088">September 23, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Country music singer Meghan Linsey took a knee as she finished singing the national anthem at the Seattle Seahawks and Tennessee Titans game after President Trump repeatedly attacked NFL players who kneeled during the national anthem.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Anthem Singers at Titans / Seahawks Game Take Knee After Performing National Anthem <a href="https://t.co/MCNZ3j8nOr">pic.twitter.com/MCNZ3j8nOr</a></p>— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) <a href="https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/912047293330837504">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The behavior of the President is unacceptable and needs to be addressed. If you do not Condemn this divisive Rhetoric you are Condoning it!!</p>— Richard Sherman (@RSherman_25) <a href="https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/911597861195993088">September 23, 2017</a></blockquote>

Was it divisive when Kaepernick's fiance compared Steve Bisciott and Ray Lewis to slaveowner and slave? Should we condemn that divisive rhetoric too? Where was Richard Sherman then?

Ehhh.... to be honest, I just don't care.

The NFL is a business. While I don't agree with or care for kneeling during the National Anthem, I believe it's an issue between the players and the owners.

If the owners are ok with the behavior of their players, then they should understand the consequences of allowing this behavior.

As fans and consumers of the NFL product - we have every right to voice our displeasure or support with our wallets. Simple as that.

President Trump really has no right to tell the NFL how to run their business, so I think he never should have inserted himself into the conversation. I'm still not even sure why he chose now to speak his mind.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

The NFL is a business. While I don't agree with or care for kneeling during the National Anthem, I believe it's an issue between the players and the owners.

If the owners are ok with the behavior of their players, then they should understand the consequences of allowing this behavior.

As fans and consumers of the NFL product - we have every right to voice our displeasure or support with our wallets. Simple as that.

President Trump really has no right to tell the NFL how to run their business, so I think he never should have inserted himself into the conversation. I'm still not even sure why he chose now to speak his mind.

I would say he voiced an opinion, he didn't tell them what to do. Why? Because he's appealing to the lowest common denominator. That's what he does.

If it's a calculation, then they won. Because you'll be back, as evidenced by your continued participation on this board.

Their goal is to avoid outrage in the liberal media. That could lead to real problems. The right ain't giving up football. They will complain, they pis and they will moan. But they'll be back, and Goodell knows it.

Do you ever have an opinion of your own or is everything riding on the coat tails of what someone else says.

If it's a calculation, then they won. Because you'll be back, as evidenced by your continued participation on this board.

There are quite a few people who are here for reasons beyond football. I'm one of them. I come primarily now for the Poli side and because I know people here and because of the general discussion section. Your view is myopic.

And to think these protests aren't having a negative affect on the NFL is like Hillary under-estimating the ire that grew in middle class America. The NFL is doing the same thing in ignoring all of America. As evidenced by their broadcasting stock and ratings drops.

-------------------------------------

NFL Broadcasting Stocks Slump As Protests Rise And TV Ratings Fall

During the past month the overall stock market is up more than 2% but shares of companies that broadcast NFL games--Comcast, Walt Disney, Fox, CBS--are all down between 1% to 8%.

The NFL is now a hotbed of protests--a carry over from last year that began when San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick began protesting during the National Anthem, to protests this year by those who feel Kaepernick, who is without a team, is being unfairly treated by by the league, to a stronger push by some players for an increase in NFL social activism.

Towards the end of last season some felt the NFL's ratings dip would be temporary and therefore would not ultimately hurt the networks by forcing them to reimburse advertisers. Instead, the opposite has happened.

Ratings for the the NFL have been worse this season and attendance for some games has also been disappointing. The networks will pay over $5 billion this season to televise the NFL and were already facing unflattering margins on advertising profits. An article in The Hollywood Reporter reckons the drop in NFL ratings could trim the broadcaster's earnings by $200 million. Disney's ESPN, meanwhile, also continues to get hammered by cord-cutting.

It's just two weeks into the 2017 NFL season. But the trend is not good for the league and its networks. No one seems happy.

-----------------------------------------

If, like Hillary, Roger Goodell and the NFL continue to ignore what Americans want (not what the media portrays that we want), it's going to continue to get worse. People are speaking with their wallets. Free market forces will correct this nonsense that isn't tolerated in other work places.

Again. YOU WILL BE BACK.

You will whine. You will Complain. You will piss. You will moan.

And then...

YOU WILL BE BACK

Again. YOU WILL BE BACK.

You will whine. You will Complain. You will piss. You will moan.

And then...

YOU WILL BE BACK

Maybe. Depends on how the Steelers and NFL handle all of this. I feel a few weeks of getting kicked in the balls by ratings and sponsors starting to spend their marketing dollars elsewhere I feel real change will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Maybe. Depends on how the Steelers and NFL handle all of this. I feel a few weeks of getting kicked in the balls by ratings and sponsors starting to spend their marketing dollars elsewhere I feel real change will happen.

They won't lose one single major source of revenue. Sponsors are on the side of the mainstream. Trump isn't. Ratings may dip, but they won't collapse.

And you will be back.

They won't lose one single major source of revenue. Sponsors are on the side of the mainstream. Trump isn't. Ratings may dip, but they won't collapse.

And you will be back.

Ratings have been steadily decreasing since politics entered the NFL. I myself went from watching football all day Sunday and still watching Monday and Thursday night games to only Pittsburgh. Now I'm not even watching that. I quit watching baseball during the 1994 strike year and probably haven't watched 2 dozen MLB games since. And it's not just me because baseballs numbers suffered for years after.

I got lots done today and didn't have to see my team out coached by a less talented roster. How was your day?

Ratings have been steadily decreasing since politics entered the NFL. I myself went from watching football all day Sunday and still watching Monday and Thursday night games to only Pittsburgh. Now I'm not even watching that. I quit watching baseball during the 1994 strike year and probably haven't watched 2 dozen MLB games since. And it's not just me because baseballs numbers suffered for years after.

I got lots done today and didn't have to see my team out coached by a less talented roster. How was your day?

You're ignoring some factors.

The concussion scandal has parents not wanting their kids to watch or play the game. More people are moving their fantasy to online sources and are getting their stats that way instead of TV. NFL Red Zone isn't counted in the ratings, and it's more popular than ever.

It's way more complicated than "politics".

I would say he voiced an opinion, he didn't tell them what to do. Why? Because he's appealing to the lowest common denominator. That's what he does.

I agree he voiced an opinion and didn't tell them what to do.

He's appealing to or trying to, appeal to many Americans who put him into office. lowest common denominator? Deplorables?

I don't think he should have opened his mouth on the subject. BUT I take issue with calling people the lowest common denominator.

I might be back but I've been known to take a multiple year leaves based on whims you know? Like sending #32 (Harris) to Seattle of all places. #42 (Woodson) was washed up. Sure he was you morons. The chins love affair with #10 (Kordell). This is just a league condoned leave of absence from watching their garbage. There were times back in the dinosaur years where it might have been a lack of cable or services. Now it's their dumb *** politicizing of the National Anthem. Ok, that's fine.

I agree he voiced an opinion and didn't tell them what to do.

He's appealing to or trying to, appeal to many Americans who put him into office. lowest common denominator? Deplorables?

I don't think he should have opened his mouth on the subject. BUT I take issue with calling people the lowest common denominator.

I think she means playing to the most negative emotions, not people. And I agree with her there. And I agree with you, he should have left these comments on the cutting room floor. Trump ruined a whole weekend of football with this bullshit.

I'm one more **** show like this weekend away from turning it off. I turned off baseball after the last strike they had. People do not need football to survive. It's just entertainment.When it's no longer entertaining people will leave. I was down to just watching Steeler games and now that is ****** up too.

The NFL lost a **** ton of fans and money this weekend. I suggest they burn some flags next weekend and finish the deal. The NFL cares about one thing most and that's money. They wouldn't be playing games in ******* England if they didn't.

Trump ruined a whole weekend of football with this bullshit.

Agreed. We can all thank President Trump for ******* up an entire weekend of football. You have to think this is an attempt to distract from something else. There is no way he is this obtuse to create this type of uproar for no good reason. Nobody even noticed / cared about the few players that were kneeling. Kaepernick's been out of the league for almost a year now. This was a non-issue until Trump brought it to the forefront and stirred up the simmering embers. The man is a disgrace to the office and those that support him are no better. Sorry if that offends anyone.

Agreed. We can all thank President Trump for ******* up an entire weekend of football. You have to think this is an attempt to distract from something else. There is no way he is this obtuse to create this type of uproar for no good reason. Nobody even noticed / cared about the few players that were kneeling. Kaepernick's been out of the league for almost a year now. This was a non-issue until Trump brought it to the forefront and stirred up the simmering embers. The man is a disgrace to the office and those that support him are no better. Sorry if that offends anyone.
When we traded you to Hungary for Sebastian Gorka, we got the better end of the deal. Sorry if it offends you.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app