• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Stupid Tomlin quote

Overrated ones do. That streak started in 2004 when Ben was drafted. Any coach could do what Tomlin has done and even better.
So Tomlins 17 year streak started 3 years before he got here. I would love an explanation of how that was possible.

Tomlin is a good coach. you cannot take that away. He had a winning season with some guy named Duck. He would be beloved in a town that cannot win dbl digit games year in year out.

But he is in Pitt and the expectation is Super Bowls not winning seasons. That is really the reason he is so hated. It is really that simple.

So Tomlins 17 year streak started 3 years before he got here. I would love an explanation of how that was possible.
Pitt has not had a losing season since 2004. Please tell me you're just playing about not comprehending that.

Tomlin is a good coach. you cannot take that away. He had a winning season with some guy named Duck. He would be beloved in a town that cannot win dbl digit games year in year out.

But he is in Pitt and the expectation is Super Bowls not winning seasons. That is really the reason he is so hated. It is really that simple.
No, he's really not. And yes, I really can.

Pitt has not had a losing season since 2004. Please tell me you're just playing about not comprehending that.
yes I comprehend that. We were talking about Tomlins 17 year streak that according to you started in 2004. The Steelers have not had a Losing season since 2004.

Tomlins streak started in 2007. 17 years is a long long time for a coach to not have a losing season. he is a good coach. We want a great coach

yes I comprehend that. We were talking about Tomlins 17 year streak that according to you started in 2004. The Steelers have not had a Losing season since 2004.

Tomlins streak started in 2007. 17 years is a long long time for a coach to not have a losing season. he is a good coach. We want a great coach
Tomlin's phony streak is not what I was talking about.

"That streak started in 2004 when Ben was drafted."

Again, clearly I wasn't talking about Tomlin's streak.

Tomlin's phony streak is not what I was talking about.

"That streak started in 2004 when Ben was drafted."

Again, clearly I wasn't talking about Tomlin's streak.
ok. eat a good breakfast.

Bacon and eggs here. an Omelet with home made chili in it to be exact.

Mmm. I'm going to have an omelet with crispy bacon on the side.

I think the combination of higher fan expectations

AND

that he has past his date of expiration are the primary reasons for fan frustration. Most teams simply need a new message after some point in time. The comfort level one feels after a lengthy time at a position can do this to employees. He couldn’t feel more comfortable so there is no growth spurt that accompanies employees who are newer to their role. Unfortunately the Tomlin tree only grows 9’8 or on growth spurt years 10’7.

Many are also tired of how the media bobs and slobs his noggin while most of his success was a result of a HOF QB. In a QB driven league not many coaches have had sustained success without, at a minimum, a very solid QB.

Last edited:
I've said it many times. Would rather go to the bottom of the league with one or two different coaches. And eventually get back to the top. Even up to six or seven years of struggles. That would be better in my eyes. Because you are eventually getting there anyhow. Now they've just added another three years to that total by renewing his contract.

I've said it many times. Would rather go to the bottom of the league with one or two different coaches. And eventually get back to the top. Even up to six or seven years of struggles. That would be better in my eyes. Because you are eventually getting there anyhow. Now they've just added another three years to that total by renewing his contract.
I do not follow the rest of the league enough to say who I would want as a replacement, Last guy I was hoping would replace him was Demeco Ryans.

If he is to be replaced, who would you want it to be.

No, he's really not. And yes, I really can.
Pardon me. I should have said if you have any football intelligence whatsoever, you cannot take that away from him. Carry on

I'm just here for the 9-8 or 8-8-1 bowl.

Tomlin is a good coach. you cannot take that away. He had a winning season with some guy named Duck.

Not quite, Blitz. Team went 8-8 that year.

He would be beloved in a town that cannot win dbl digit games year in year out.

Lots of non-double digit seasons under Tomlin - 2012, 2013, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022.

He is not hated so much as the subject of impatience and derision. He is the king of 9-8 or 10-7 and a blowout playoff loss. Seriously, the 5 highest number of points allowed in a playoff game by the Steelers ALL belong to one Mike Tomlin - supposedly a defensive-minded coach. The last good QB a Tomlin-led team beat in the playoffs was the 2008 SB and Kurt Warner.

I do not follow the rest of the league enough to say who I would want as a replacement, Last guy I was hoping would replace him was Demeco Ryans.

If he is to be replaced, who would you want it to be.
Fair question. I cannot answer as assume they would go with a young up and coming 30 year old type and dont know that. Can say this. Considering I'm 53 and they've had three coaches in my life. They will not be scrapping the bottom here. At all.

Not quite, Blitz. Team went 8-8 that year.

Lots of non-double digit seasons under Tomlin - 2012, 2013, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022.

He is not hated so much as the subject of impatience and derision. He is the king of 9-8 or 10-7 and a blowout playoff loss. Seriously, the 5 highest number of points allowed in a playoff game by the Steelers ALL belong to one Mike Tomlin - supposedly a defensive-minded coach. The last good QB a Tomlin-led team beat in the playoffs was the 2008 SB and Kurt Warner.
Can you quit bringing exact stats into this? it is like you are a lawyer or something.

I still think if the Steeler parted ways with him, he would be snatched up in 2 seconds.

Hi schtick has run its course here. But other teams would love to have a guy that has never had a losing season. Our fans rightfully so want more.

Fair question. I cannot answer as assume they would go with a young up and coming 30 year old type and dont know that. Can say this. Considering I'm 53 and they've had three coaches in my life. They will not be scrapping the bottom here. At all.

Yeah, and we keep hearing this "Oh, who would be better?" mantra. That completely ignores the fact that NFL teams have a lot more resources and information than we do.

Somehow, NFL franchises, many of them vastly less successful than the Steelers found guys like Andy Reid, Sean McVay, Kyle Shanahan, Demeco Ryans and Sean McDermott.

Yeah, and we keep hearing this "Oh, who would be better?" mantra. That completely ignores the fact that NFL teams have a lot more resources and information than we do.

Somehow, NFL franchises, many of them vastly less successful than the Steelers found guys like Andy Reid, Sean McVay, Kyle Shanahan, Demeco Ryans and Sean McDermott.
100% agree regarding the resources. I am just curious as to who peeps would want to replace Tomlin. I do not follow the NFL near as much as I used to.