• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Taliban 2, USA 1

So much damn corruption spanning two decades and multiple presidencies, both Republican & Democratic. Such a waste of tax payers’ money, burned in a foreign land instead of invested at home.

Except that homelessness is largely caused by bad government policies that result in less employment and higher housing prices and won't be solved by spending less on the military and giving it to people to buy a house.

Good news, let’s hope this continues. Our troops are doing fantastic, tireless work on the ground in a truly massive operation. Kudos & respect to them.

The bad news, only about roughly 10% of those have been American.

The bad news, only about roughly 10% of those have been American.

Let's hope that ramps up and everyone who wants to & needs to get out is able to.

With access still difficult, the U.S. military went beyond the airport to carry out another helicopter retrieval of Americans. U.S. officials said a military helicopter picked up 16 American citizens Monday and brought them onto the airfield for evacuation. This was at least the second such rescue mission beyond the airport; Kirby said that last Thursday, three Army helicopters picked up 169 Americans near a hotel just beyond the airport gate and flew them onto the airfield.

I know of a Hungarian/NATO plane which arrived late last night here in Budapest with Americans on it. Looks like folks are jumping on whatever chance they have to get out.

The numbers are staggering. This will no doubt go down as the largest airlift evacuation operation in history.

US evacuates 21,600 people from Kabul in past 24 hours​

The United States has evacuated and facilitated the evacuation of some 58,700 people from Kabul since Aug. 14 when the Taliban closed in on Afghanistan's capital, according to a White House official.

In a 24-hour period from Monday to Tuesday, 37 U.S. military flights evacuated approximately 12,700 people from Kabul. Another 8,900 people were evacuated via 57 coalition aircraft. Since the end of July, the U.S. has relocated approximately 63,900 people from Kabul, the White House official said.

So far on Tuesday, the U.S. has evacuated 6,273 people from Kabul, according to the deputy spokesperson for the U.S. Embassy there.

US installations in Germany becoming major evacuation hubs​

The U.S. Air Force has transformed Ramstein Air Base in Germany into a "major evac hub," it said Monday, as military and diplomatic personnel there receive thousands of people fleeing Afghanistan on evacuation flights.

Flights with U.S. citizens, personnel from the embassy in Kabul, and Afghans who worked for the U.S. have been processed through Ramstein -- with three more planned for Monday, carrying approximately 900 evacuees, according to the internal report.

Let's hope that ramps up and everyone who wants to & needs to get out is able to.
Do you honestly believe that there is a single American that wants to live there un Taliban rule? Hell, forget the Taliban. Do you honestly thing any America wants to live there?

Do you honestly believe that there is a single American that wants to live there un Taliban rule? Hell, forget the Taliban. Do you honestly thing any America wants to live there?

No, of course not. Referring to the contractors there, NGO's, humanitarian agencies, journalists, etc. who may not want to leave as of now, that's all.

In other words, let's hope 99.9% of those still in Kabul are able to get out. (y)

Last edited:
Let's hope you shut the **** up. (y)
If anyone is curious to see first hand the sudden and complete deterioration of the American right, all they’d have to do is cue up any one of your posts. It’s like a mold has taken over and eaten away at your brain. Sad.

Last edited:
The numbers are staggering. This will no doubt go down as the largest airlift evacuation operation in history.
Wrong again Commie.

Leaked Cable Showing Number of Americans Rescued From Afghanistan Produces Shock and Horror​

By Bonchie | Aug 24, 2021 11:00 AM ET
Share Tweet
fb27ddcb-da36-482b-a167-f30ed83e1966-860x475.jpg
AP Photo/Evan Vucci
I’d like to say I have good news to share this morning, but that’s not the reality we are living in. Instead, a leaked State Department cable has finally revealed the number of Americans rescued from Afghanistan over the last 10 days. Unfortunately, the number is so bad that it’s producing shock and horror.

While the Pentagon and White House insisted yesterday that they didn’t have this data, in the least shocking development of the week, we now know they were lying. A running tally of Americans who have gotten out has been kept, and the numbers as of last night are that only 4,407 American citizens have made it onto flights.

While the White House and its media defenders touted yesterday that 37,000 people have been evacuated, they conspicuously kept not saying how many of those people were Americans. I pointed that out in an article yesterday debunking the administration’s misleading talking points (see The Talking Points Go Forth on Biden’s Afghanistan Disaster).

Further, notice what’s not in either of those statements and that Harwood inexcusably doesn’t point out in his squee-session — how many of those 37,000 were Americans?
Remember, there were over (perhaps way over) 10,000 Americans stuck behind enemy lines, not just in Kabul, but throughout Afghanistan at the beginning of the collapse. How many have been rescued? We can actually get a decent idea given that last week the Pentagon announced 6,000 people had been airlifted out on one day. Of those 6,000, only a “couple of hundred” were Americans. Given those ratios, it’s safe to say that thousands upon thousands of Americans are still in harm’s way.

With the exact number in hand, educated guesses are no longer required. We know for a fact that this evacuation is going to fail. There are only 4-5 days left to get these people out due to the logistics of the 8/31 deadline, and according to the cable, there are perhaps 20,000+ Americans still stranded throughout Afghanistan. Even if you take the low-end estimate that only 10,000 Americans were originally stuck, that means we are still way behind schedule, and the situation on the ground in regards to getting to the airport is only getting worse. In other words, you will likely see fewer, not more Americans making it to planes over the next few days.

There’s no magic solution in reserve to fix this situation. The only thing we can do is what Biden should have done almost two weeks ago. He should have told the Taliban to vacate Kabul or we start blowing things up. Instead, we’ve bent the knee over and over and now we have no backup plan. This evacuation is doomed to fail no matter how many misleading tweets Ronald Klain makes. Americans will be left behind. When that happens, what’s the next move? Full-scale war again? Just abandoning our citizens in hopes of paying ransoms down the road?

That this was preventable has become an indisputable fact at this point. Biden was warned this would happen going back to the beginning of his presidency. He had months to execute an organized evacuation when it became clear the Taliban were making gains. Instead, he abandoned Bagram AFB and let the Taliban take over the entire country before rushing in to try to save face. The level of incompetence on display is astonishing.

My fear is that U.S. citizens will inevitably be left behind, only to be forgotten, as the country moves on to it's next planned crisis.

Like seriously is that their problem? Do they just need a good women to **** them. Like seriously, it’s ok rub one out bro.

nah man imma **** this dead one. Wtf
That's propaganda. They aren't ******* dead bodies. They're doing much worse. They are rounding up every girl and woman they can find so they can rape them.

the numbers as of last night are that only 4,407 American citizens have made it onto flights.
And how many of those only got out because OTHER countries troops are rounding westerners up and getting them to the airport. (In spite of allegedly being asked to "stop it" because they are embarrassing the U.S. military?)

You'll note that virtually every media outlet is beginning to ramp up calls for a massive military re-entry into Afghanistan. Almost as if... (Sorry, Conspiracy Wig's crazy alter-ego took over there for a moment...)

My fear is that U.S. citizens will inevitably be left behind, only to be forgotten, as the country moves on to it's next planned crisis.

If anyone is curious to see first hand the sudden and complete deterioration of the American right, all they’d have to do is cue up any one of your posts. It’s like a mold has taken over and eaten away at your brain. Sad.
Is the left in any better shape in your estimation? Seriously, the PC cancel bullshit and labeling culture is insane. Say what you want about the right but the left has serious issues.THey elected Biden what more can you say about that side.

Is the left in any better shape in your estimation? Seriously, the PC cancel bullshit and labeling culture is insane. Say what you want about the right but the left has serious issues.THey elected Biden what more can you say about that side.

I agree with you to a degree, regarding the far left in America. To me the utter insanity Trump & MAGA brought upon former conservatives is worse. Not by much, but it's pretty bad.

I think we'd better start considering that this may be a false flag designed to extend our presence in Afghanistan indefinitely. The way the media is turning, the way we (the public) are being whipped into a frenzy of "invade & reoccupy"... It's starting to smell really really bad.

I think we'd better start considering that this may be a false flag designed to extend our presence in Afghanistan indefinitely. The way the media is turning, the way we (the public) are being whipped into a frenzy of "invade & reoccupy"... It's starting to smell really really bad.
Why on Earth would we need a false flag for that? We could have just.....not left.

I think we'd better start considering that this may be a false flag designed to extend our presence in Afghanistan indefinitely.

I understand the war machine, and I don't trust the MSM one bit, but this is simply about getting thousands of Americans out of Taliban control.

Why on Earth would we need a false flag for that? We could have just.....not left.
Because the American people are tired of Afghanistan and generally want out. And there was the whole "We have a planned exit for Afghanistan" thing.

The thing is, even if you can believe that Biden is so monumentally stupid as to have taken the troops out without evacuating ANYONE else... you'd also have to believe that Biden is actually in control and that either A) he was actually advised to do this, (which means THE ENTIRE JOINT CHIEFS are utter imbeciles) or B) he simply ignored the advice of the entire group of people he put in place to guide him on military matters.

The whole thing just stinks and the media is trying to lather up more and more people to return in massive force and retake the country so we can get our people out. (Which I'm all for, by the way) I just don't see them leaving afterward. I hope I'm just off on one of my crazy conspiracy rants again. I am, after all, Conspiracy Wig.

I understand the war machine, and I don't trust the MSM one bit, but this is simply about getting thousands of Americans out of Taliban control.
The WH keeps saying that they are going to bring home every American that wants to come home. Find me the one that doesn't WANT to come home. Americans are going to be left behind. The way this **** show has gone, it is impossible not to at this point. The embassy should have been evacuated and left under military control. SIV's should have been identified and processed. Military could have mopped up and got out.

Why aren't we bombing and destroying the equipment we know the Taliban has? Helicopters, trucks, etc? This is such an unmitigated disaster.