• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Taliban 2, USA 1

The thing is, even if you can believe that Biden is so monumentally stupid as to have taken the troops out without evacuating ANYONE else... you'd also have to believe that Biden is actually in control and that either A) he was actually advised to do this, (which means THE ENTIRE JOINT CHIEFS are utter imbeciles) or B) he simply ignored the advice of the entire group of people he put in place to guide him on military matters.

The whole thing just stinks and the media is trying to lather up more and more people to return in massive force and retake the country so we can get our people out. (Which I'm all for, by the way) I just don't see them leaving afterward. I hope I'm just off on one of my crazy conspiracy rants again. I am, after all, Conspiracy Wig.
Either way....if a single American dies then Biden is absolutely F*'d as a President. If he leaves Americans behind he abandoned citizens as Commander in Chief. If he does an build-up and retakes the country and Americans die when we already had control he's F*'d there too. This might be one of the single most stupid military and diplomatic decisions made in the history of mankind and I'm not in the least surprised. He's a grumpy old man who has no business watering a lawn, let alone running a country.

The whole thing just stinks and the media is trying to lather up more and more people to return in massive force and retake the country so we can get our people out.

Wig, you think they really give a **** about what the vast majority of average Americans think though? And it's not like there have been countrywide protests/riots about getting out of Afghanistan as to even remotely put any pressure on the administration to even do what they did in the first place. This is, and JMHO, just a complete catastrophe in the way they handled the entire thing. If they wanted to maintain their presence in Afghanistan, they could have and nobody could have/would have done a damn thing.

I don't know, maybe there's something I'm missing here, but this is just a disaster of epic proportions in how it was handled and the worst part is is that they don't even seem to acknowledge or care about what a humanitarian disaster it's become. I'm all ears for other opinions though as I'm just seeing red and could be missing something.

Reactions: wig
Wig, you think they really give a **** about what the vast majority of average Americans think though? And it's not like there have been countrywide protests/riots about getting out of Afghanistan as to even remotely put any pressure on the administration to even do what they did in the first place. This is, and JMHO, just a complete catastrophe in the way they handled the entire thing. If they wanted to maintain their presence in Afghanistan, they could have and nobody could have/would have done a damn thing.

I don't know, maybe there's something I'm missing here, but this is just a disaster of epic proportions in how it was handled and the worst part is is that they don't even seem to acknowledge or care about what I a humanitarian disaster it's become. I'm all ears for other opinions though as I'm just seeing red and could be missing something.
I think the administration is shell-shocked and don't have the first idea of what to do. They are so much political animals that they are frozen on where to turn next. If Trump walked thru the White House doors tomorrow as President I guarantee the Taliban would back off under threat of complete destruction if a single American was as much as scratched. Just like when Reagan stormed in after Jimmy Carter bungled the Iran crisis....you need leaders with a backbone and strength. I can't remember which secretary I heard this week...the older lady with the complete white hair. She stepped to the podium and you could hear her voice cracking and staring down....pathetic and weak...the lot of them.

I think the administration is shell-shocked and don't have the first idea of what to do.

They've been that way since day #1, and now we're all suffering because of it and it's only just beginning. Just imagine when China, Russia & Iran get more emboldened and powerful (like they already aren't) over this administration's complete and utter ineptness & lack of any semblance of a spine.

I even hesitate to call this an administration. I've seen less circus and more organization in a Benny Hill show.

Last edited:
I agree with you to a degree, regarding the far left in America. To me the utter insanity Trump & MAGA brought upon former conservatives is worse. Not by much, but it's pretty bad.
You know my opinion, I think your view of the right is colored through a filtered lens to make it look as bad as possible and that your view of Trump is skewed the same way and worse has emotional distortions. I truly feel Trump is no where near as bad as you and the left make him to be. If you were here and had a first hand perspective I think it would change your views. I could personally show you things that would make you see things differently and would be happy to to do it if you are ever in Ohio. I am sure our view of the some on the left is skewed as well but much of it is by them placating the most extreme views in the party. The right isn't doing that even thought they say they are as Trumps views are not extreme he just is an *** about it.

Get out of Hungary come here and see the States doe what is really going on and see the Steelers play live. I will drink and argue with you.

I think we'd better start considering that this may be a false flag designed to extend our presence in Afghanistan indefinitely. The way the media is turning, the way we (the public) are being whipped into a frenzy of "invade & reoccupy"... It's starting to smell really really bad.
You know it scares me Wig, I had exactly the same thoughts 2 weeks ago. It is backfiring to a degree as I think they thought they could successfully pin this on Trump and they can't because they are too incompetent and it got worse faster than they hoped.

You know it scares me Wig, I had exactly the same thoughts 2 weeks ago. It is backfiring to a degree as I think they thought they could successfully pin this on Trump and they can't because they are too incompetent and it got worse faster than they hoped.

It's infuriating to me that they'd let the lives of Americans falls into the hands of barbarians like the Taliban simply to get one over on their political rival. I mean, they say the Afghan government and military failed them, and they did, but didn't they have the intelligence on the ground to know it was likely to fall to the Taliban?

Talk about barbarians.

It's infuriating to me that they'd let the lives of Americans falls into the hands of barbarians like the Taliban simply to get one over on their political rival. I mean, they say the Afghan government and military failed them, and they did, but didn't they have the intelligence on the ground to know it was likely to fall to the Taliban?

Talk about barbarians.
Trump knew it was likely if not a foregone conclusion, that is why he was willing to anger so many and try and cut a deal with the Taliban BEFORE the **** hit the fan not after like Biden. He was and is pilloried for it by many on both sides but it was the pragmatic thing to do.

Just like when Reagan stormed in after Jimmy Carter bungled the Iran crisis.
Carter didn't handle it well, but you do know that George Bush Sr. negotiated with the Iranians to hold the hostages until Reagan was inaugurated, right?

It is backfiring to a degree as I think they thought they could successfully pin this on Trump and they can't because they are too incompetent and it got worse faster than they hoped.
I honestly don't think the military industrial complex gives a **** about who's "in charge". As long as they can extend their war and continue the money gravy train they'll do whatever the need to and they'll do it to whomever is in the big chair.

Again, presidents don't run the country anymore, neither does congress or senate or the Supreme Court. We're run by corporations that pay to get people in office to execute their interests.

You know my opinion, I think your view of the right is colored through a filtered lens to make it look as bad as possible and that your view of Trump is skewed the same way and worse has emotional distortions. I truly feel Trump is no where near as bad as you and the left make him to be. If you were here and had a first hand perspective I think it would change your views. I could personally show you things that would make you see things differently and would be happy to to do it if you are ever in Ohio. I am sure our view of the some on the left is skewed as well but much of it is by them placating the most extreme views in the party. The right isn't doing that even thought they say they are as Trumps views are not extreme he just is an *** about it.

Get out of Hungary come here and see the States doe what is really going on and see the Steelers play live. I will drink and argue with you.

Thankfully I get back stateside pretty often, as often as I can, it's been tougher since Covid hit. I haven't been to Ohio since my parents moved from Lakewood a few years back. They lived there for over a decade, after moving over from CA. Cleveland was a pleasant surprise, nothwithstanding their football team. My sister's in NJ, my brother's in Houston, my son's in Austin. I'd have a beer with you any day, Lebanon. I'm made out to be some wacko, extremist, leftist devil figurehead on this board, a true scapegoat for all that ails a lot of folks on here. I think you'd be shocked by how many things we have in common, actually. Thanks for your level-headedness and offer to hang out. Will gladly take you up on that, would be awesome to take in a Steelers game.

Trump knew it was likely if not a foregone conclusion, that is why he was willing to anger so many and try and cut a deal with the Taliban BEFORE the **** hit the fan not after like Biden. He was and is pilloried for it by many on both sides but it was the pragmatic thing to do.

To leave our people and all of that weaponry/equipment in the hands of terrorists just still makes me feel like I'm living in a Twilight Zone episode.

To leave our people and all of that weaponry/equipment in the hands of terrorists just still makes me feel like I'm living in a Twilight Zone episode.
Can't have a war if you don't have an enemy.

or, as you elementary school principle probably said at some point, "It takes 2 to fight."

We needed to get out, but he couldn’t have bungled the getting out any worse. Well, I should say whoever is actually running things bungled it because he sure as hell isn’t. He’s just some dementia ridden geriatric they spent hours preparing all day to poorly read a speech and then hobble away without answering any questions.

I’m curious why they’re keeping Harris so hidden away right now. I’m getting a sinking feeling dementia Joe isn’t going to be around much longer. They know how incredibly unlikeable she is so they’re trying to keep her under wraps as much as possible before the midterms. The latent conspiracy theorist in me maybe but it’s very odd.

Last edited:
Can't have a war if you don't have an enemy.

Wig, I get it, I really do - but can two things be possible at the same time? That 1) some are going to use this to keep the war machine churning and 2) that some are just genuinely concerned about their fellow American brothers and sisters?

Oh, and just got done watching the Biden "thing". A press conference is not a press conference when you don't take a single question from the "press". And Build Back Better, people! This corrupt, incompetent boob is just digging that grave deeper and deeper.

Good news, let’s hope this continues. Our troops are doing fantastic, tireless work on the ground in a truly massive operation. Kudos & respect to them.

Thankfully I get back stateside pretty often, as often as I can, it's been tougher since Covid hit. I haven't been to Ohio since my parents moved from Lakewood a few years back. They lived there for over a decade, after moving over from CA. Cleveland was a pleasant surprise, nothwithstanding their football team. My sister's in NJ, my brother's in Houston, my son's in Austin. I'd have a beer with you any day, Lebanon. I'm made out to be some wacko, extremist, leftist devil figurehead on this board, a true scapegoat for all that ails a lot of folks on here. I think you'd be shocked by how many things we have in common, actually. Thanks for your level-headedness and offer to hang out. Will gladly take you up on that, would be awesome to take in a Steelers game.
Weren't you a Lakers fan too back in the day? If so, I still get to dislike you because I was Larry Legend all the way!

Weren't you a Lakers fan too back in the day? If so, I still get to dislike you because I was Larry Legend all the way!

Yeah, huge Lakers fan back in the 80's. Painted the basketball court outside our garage purple & gold, clipped post-game articles for years, kept them in a shoebox. Was a huge Michael Cooper fan, all D, all day, even wore knee-high white socks playing bball in high school. Then, my fandom dropped off a cliff in the nineties, and only the Steelers remained since. Don't even follow the NBA no more. Those Lakers-Celtics, Cooper-Bird matchups will live on forever, every game was fought tooth 'n nail.

So anyone who has helped us over the last 20 years is completely screwed now and now they're armed with 85+ billion in equipment to boot.

This **** isn't even funny in the least.

While we're doing great things. We should just go ahead and pull out of South Korea all 28,000 + in troops leave our weapons behind. North Korea will thank us when they roll right in. 70 years is enough.

Time to roll on out of Japan too. China will thank us, probably with covid 20.

Last edited:
Carter didn't handle it well, but you do know that George Bush Sr. negotiated with the Iranians to hold the hostages until Reagan was inaugurated, right?
I thought that was a myth.