• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Taliban 2, USA 1

Biden was VP when they left an American ambassador to be tortured and muttered and did nothing to help him right? Biden is a confused ***** and he needs to be held accountable for every single American life lost when the Taliban go on their crusade after the 31st.

Watching the news tonight and listening to the "experts," I am thoroughly convinced that Americans are going to be left behind. Hell, they don't even know how many are still there to even know if they got all of them out come August 31st. I know I am sad for our nation. Our government ****** this all up. Could you imagine being there right now, not being able to get to the airport and waking up on September 1st, knowing that you have been abandoned and you have absolutely no way out? Our government should be ashamed, but they're not. They're too worried about the infrastructure bill to clutter their minds with something so inconsequential as getting Americans out of Afghanistan and getting bent over by the Taliban. It's truly shameful.

Watching the news tonight and listening to the "experts," I am thoroughly convinced that Americans are going to be left behind. Hell, they don't even know how many are still there to even know if they got all of them out come August 31st. I know I am sad for our nation. Our government ****** this all up. Could you imagine being there right now, not being able to get to the airport and waking up on September 1st, knowing that you have been abandoned and you have absolutely no way out? Our government should be ashamed, but they're not. They're too worried about the infrastructure bill to clutter their minds with something so inconsequential as getting Americans out of Afghanistan and getting bent over by the Taliban. It's truly shameful.

c’mon man, that was like 5 days ago….

It's infuriating to me that they'd let the lives of Americans falls into the hands of barbarians like the Taliban simply to get one over on their political rival. I mean, they say the Afghan government and military failed them, and they did, but didn't they have the intelligence on the ground to know it was likely to fall to the Taliban?

Talk about barbarians.
Are you serious? Of the $1 Trillion in taxpayer monies expended in Afghanistan, $850B went to military spending.....how much realistically went to soldiers? The rest went into the system (and the beneficial owners of the companies that profiteered) that cost soldiers lives, physical and mental disabilities, etc......would US politicians risk US lives for political gain? **** yes! They already have, for decades!!

Yeah, huge Lakers fan back in the 80's. Painted the basketball court outside our garage purple & gold, clipped post-game articles for years, kept them in a shoebox. Was a huge Michael Cooper fan, all D, all day, even wore knee-high white socks playing bball in high school. Then, my fandom dropped off a cliff in the nineties, and only the Steelers remained since. Don't even follow the NBA no more. Those Lakers-Celtics, Cooper-Bird matchups will live on forever, every game was fought tooth 'n nail.
Remember when Larry and Coop got tangled with Bird inbounding the ball and Bird sent Coop into the stands?

Are you serious?

Yes. You don't think I know about the cost of war and who's been on the losing end for decades, and in multiple places? I'm talking about the contractors, humanitarian aides, teachers etc. And I'm not saying one person's life is worth more than another's, but soldiers do sign up knowing that they're more than likely going to war.

And this is particularly infuriating to me because it didn't have to be like this, at all. You strategically evacuate everybody and secure all equipment (even if it takes several months or longer) before you go and do something like what numbnuts did.

Yes. You don't think I know about the cost of war and who's been on the losing end for decades, and in multiple places? I'm talking about the contractors, humanitarian aides, teachers etc. And I'm not saying one person's life is worth more than another's, but soldiers do sign up knowing that they're more than likely going to war.

And this is particularly infuriating to me because it didn't have to be like this, at all. You strategically evacuate everybody and secure all equipment (even if it takes several months or longer) before you go and do something like what numbnuts did.
When I was there in 2011-2012, it was during the surge. There were a lot of moving parts, consolidating FOB's and COP's, moving people around. When a FOB or COP was abandoned, my unit (A Co, 2-82 ASLT) would go in and fly personnel and whatever equipment they were moving to wherever they were going. Once everything was out, the Air Force would come in and bomb the place into a smoldering crater so the bad guys couldn't use it. Not sure why that wasn't done here, and isn't happening now. 90% of the **** the Taliban has was taken from the ANSDF or ANA. It wasn't ours, per se. We gave it to the Afghans, and when they cut and run, the Taliban got it. Still, we know where it is, and could render it useless in pretty short order if we really wanted to. Can't understand why that isn't happening.

90% of the **** the Taliban has was taken from the ANSDF or ANA. It wasn't ours, per se. We gave it to the Afghans, and when they cut and run, the Taliban got it. Still, we know where it is, and could render it useless in pretty short order if we really wanted to. Can't understand why that isn't happening.
Who is capable of parts replacement, repair and upkeep? In 6 months, if any of this stuff is still running, we will understand why it was just left there.

Biden was VP when they left an American ambassador to be tortured and muttered and did nothing to help him right? Biden is a confused ***** and he needs to be held accountable for every single American life lost when the Taliban go on their crusade after the 31st.
Hildebeast and Bomma didn't want extra security at the embassy because it would have been a "bad look".
This is showing much of the same attitude. The Xiden Administration is concerned about optics and it's going to bite them in the *** and get people killed, again.

Who is capable of parts replacement, repair and upkeep? In 6 months, if any of this stuff is still running, we will understand why it was just left there.
And that is just it. That stuff will be useful for a while. Once it starts breaking down, and it will, the Taliban will have no use for it. They are about to learn what "military grade" actually means.

All of the said, the weapons they got are going to last a while. M4's are ridiculously reliable. M240's and M249's are too. Gonna have to face those in future fights for sure. MRAP's, Blackhawks and Hummer's? Probably not.

The NVG's they captured are mostly A/NVS-6's. Old technology for us. Durable though. This will last for a while, but they will break because the Taliban doesn't know how to take care of them. Hell the ANSDF were breaking them on a regular basis, so I can't imagine it will last the Taliban all that long.

And that is just it. That stuff will be useful for a while. Once it starts breaking down, and it will, the Taliban will have no use for it. They are about to learn what "military grade" actually means.

All of the said, the weapons they got are going to last a while. M4's are ridiculously reliable. M240's and M249's are too. Gonna have to face those in future fights for sure. MRAP's, Blackhawks and Hummer's? Probably not.

The NVG's they captured are mostly A/NVS-6's. Old technology for us. Durable though. This will last for a while, but they will break because the Taliban doesn't know how to take care of them. Hell the ANSDF were breaking them on a regular basis, so I can't imagine it will last the Taliban all that long.
Hopefully no one will take maintenance contracts to help out the Taliban....there oughta be a law

When I was there in 2011-2012, it was during the surge. There were a lot of moving parts, consolidating FOB's and COP's, moving people around. When a FOB or COP was abandoned, my unit (A Co, 2-82 ASLT) would go in and fly personnel and whatever equipment they were moving to wherever they were going. Once everything was out, the Air Force would come in and bomb the place into a smoldering crater so the bad guys couldn't use it. Not sure why that wasn't done here, and isn't happening now.

giphy.gif

This thing ^^

He ignored the advice of every person but himself about how to leave Afghanistan. This clusterfuck - along with the clusterfuck on the border, the clusterfuck of exploding deficit spending, the clusterfuck of runaway inflation, the clusterfuck of disappointing job growth - are 100% his.

The buck stops here, no matter the fact the guy at the desk where the buck stops thinks it's ice cream and licks it.

This was either an epic failure by American intelligence or administration officials totally ignoring proper advice. Regardless someone had to create this plan and Biden had to approve it. Either way it is a very bad look

There is some scuttlebutt that re-deployment of US troops is beginning and is expected to be completed within 72 hours. Don't know if that's true, but if it is, it means we are leaving potentially thousands of Americans in Afghanistan. Think about that. Nearly impossible to comprehend. Still trying figure out why ol' Nancy isn't signing articles of impeachment against this guy with her commemorative pens. This is shameful.

80,000(!) people evacuated as of today, and counting.

What an incredible job by our troops coordinating an international effort, along with allied forces.

The overall numbers and depth & scope of this undertaking is breathtaking.

80,000(!) people evacuated as of today, and counting.

What an incredible job by our troops coordinating an international effort, along with allied forces.

The overall numbers and depth & scope of this undertaking is breathtaking.
How many of them were US citizens? They are bringing back afghans not Americans.

How many of them were US citizens? They are bringing back afghans not Americans.
Camp Atterbury is about 45 minutes south of me. They will be receiving 12,000 unvetted Afghans, a lot of them probably terrorists. This is happening all over our country. Xiden supports jihad.

Talixiden sucks.jpg