• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Taliban 2, USA 1

Amazing, every single statement you made is the opposite of reality. I know you too well to think you are this ignorant of reality this is pure trolling.

Fact of the matter is, Lebanon, those are all verifiably true. You just choose, for some inexplicable reason, to look away and pretend otherwise. Not sure why there is such fear of the truth amongst those who supported former guy. Maybe in time, the blinders will come off.

I get it, but this certainly seems like a catastrophe of an exit plan. I have no insight into whether it was avoidable, but I certainly like to believe we can do, or could have done, much, much better.

I'm pretty sure the most highly advanced military & logistics operators in the world could have avoided this catastrophe and takeover by barbarians in old humvees. And nobody knows what Trump's exit strategy would've ultimately been here. But I know this - when they threatened takeover of the U.S. Embassy in Iraq, they were quickly reduced to ashes. Here we have incompetent boobs ignoring their own intelligence community because, well, - I don't know if anybody even really knows it's so mind-numbingly bad.

E9AiDCIWQAo98nO

Nobody wants to lord things over others, but most of the these Biden voters need their faces rubbed in pretty good here to see that elections have consequences.

And those consequences are showing to be catastrophic. I heard there were over 200,000 border apprehensions just last month. Imagine how many are actually getting through? And that's just one of the many catastrophes. I figured it would be bad, but never in my wildest dreams thought it could crumble this badly in a mere 7 months.

This is the Twilight Zone. And they said they had every contingency plan prepared for this? This makes them look even more pathetic. Worried about Taiwan anyone?

And those consequences are showing to be catastrophic. I heard there were over 200,000 border apprehensions just last month. Imagine how many are actually getting through? And that's just one of the many catastrophes. I figured it would be bad, but never in my wildest dreams thought it could crumble this badly in a mere 7 months.
This administration is putting every American citizen at risk. God knows who else is comng in.

Figures released by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) on Thursday also showed significant jumps between June and July in the number of “encounters” of migrants hailing from Russia (from 402 to 703) and Colombia (from 481 to 748), while the number from Ukraine more than doubled (from 48 to 101).

So true.
MAGA 2015: "Leave Afghanistan!"
MAGA 2016: "Leave Afghanistan!"
MAGA 2017: "Leave Afghanistan!"
MAGA 2018: "Leave Afghanistan!"
MAGA 2019: "Leave Afghanistan!"
MAGA 2020: "Leave Afghanistan!"

2021: **Biden removes troops from Afghanistan**

MAGA 2021: "Stay in Afghanistan!"

Fact of the matter is, Lebanon, those are all verifiably true. You just choose, for some inexplicable reason, to look away and pretend otherwise. Not sure why there is such fear of the truth amongst those who supported former guy. Maybe in time, the blinders will come off.
No they are all verifiably false unless you live in an alternative reality where up is down. We have no fear of the truth it is you who ignores it in favor of DNC talking point lies. All of those are fabrications of a Goebbels like propaganda machine. No offense but we are here to see it and I have, as I have told you, seen it first hand. You are half a world away and insulated from the truth and only getting the lies produced by a media that is bordering on being a State run/Party run disinformation bureau. Ever single day more stories come out buried pages deep, admitting that Donald Trump was actually right about something they called a lie or a wrong decision. It rarely if ever makes the headline because it would cause a melt down with folks like you who want to believe the lefts lies for some reason. This whole debacle in Afghanistan is a prime example. The Wuhan Lab, Hydro chloroquine, the border, I could go on all day with the instances of his being called wrong but being right.

No MAGA doesn't say stay in Afghanistan they say get out but do it the right way. As Trump was trying to do. Biden wasn't wrong for leaving he was dead wrong for doing it in the worst possible way. You can't even try to argue it. Trump was pragmatic and tried to negotiate us out bloodlessly but was lambasted by the left and by the establishment on the right. Guess who had it correct.

No MAGA doesn't say stay in Afghanistan they say get out but do it the right way. As Trump was trying to do. Biden wasn't wrong for leaving he was dead wrong for doing it in the worst possible way. You can't even try to argue it. Trump was pragmatic and tried to negotiate us out bloodlessly but was lambasted by the left and by the establishment on the right. Guess who had it correct.

Trump's exit date was set for May, 2021, three months ago!

I can't disagree. I don't think we should have left the way we did. There are two reasons I think this unfolded the way it did.

1) Trump wanted out of Afghanistan. He wanted out bad and he wanted out now. He felt it would be seen as a victory and as such, began a pretty hasty withdrawal.

2) Biden and his group are idiots. They could have pumped the brakes on this, made an assessment as to whether Trump's plan was even feasible, and even re-engage with the Taliban if necessary. They **** canned every plan, program, and policy that Trump had in place. Except, apparently, this one. This withdrawal should have been done slowly and deliberately over a period of a year or so, enough time to remove sensitive military equipment, destroy anything the Taliban could possibly use to their advantage, shut down the embassy, process visa's and get people out as accomplishment of those various tasks allowed. But no, even after extending the withdrawal deadline by 90 days, they still ****** it all up.

And this is what has me believing that had Trump still been President, it wouldn't have been much different. He was operating on a hastier deadline of May 1st. It was too fast. They would have had even less time to do the things required to exit. Now, who knows what communications happened, and what new orders came down after Jan 20th, but I think it ends up in the same disaster we saw here. Just my opinion, because we will never know.
Difference is, I think, that Trump would have begun the gradual withdrawl earlier so they weren't leaving essentially overnight with no notice like the Baltimore Colts.
Second, I note that Xiden is partly blaming this on Trump drawing down our troops in Diarrheastan. Okay, so lessee if I have this straight: President Xiden, Commander-in-Chief, can't stop or reverse Trump's order drawing down forces in Diarrheastan but he CAN reverse Trump's orders to build a border wall and a pipeline. Right, got it. It boils down to Joe doesn't know WTF is going on and there are too many factions in the Swamp who see a chance to implement their various agendas with little or no checks and balances because of the leadership vacuum.

Where the congressional hearings? DT farts and there was another one trying to get him out. This dumb **** is destroying this country and not a peep.

Or…putting my wig hat on. They know that rona isn’t going anywhere and they know they can’t simply say “look it isn’t that bad”. So let’s **** something up so bad so people focus on that and we can slowly put aside the rona thing.

did I go to far wig.

Where the congressional hearings? DT farts and there was another one trying to get him out. This dumb **** is destroying this country and not a peep.
Because his party runs Congress. Nothing will happen.

Joe is done. He should have resigned already.

Of course he should have. But what should happen and what will happen are two very different things unfortunately. And then who do you have waiting in the wings?

I guess it doesn't really matter as he's just a puppet. Where is the VP anyways? Where's Bunker Boy?

The Babylon Bee does it again :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

E9BNTJrXIAY6O8o

Trump spoke their language and got respect when he vaporized the Iranian General. They have to be laughing at Dementia Joe even though they are not known for laughter.

Or…putting my wig hat on. They know that rona isn’t going anywhere and they know they can’t simply say “look it isn’t that bad”. So let’s **** something up so bad so people focus on that and we can slowly put aside the rona thing.

did I go to far wig.
Kind of a reverse wag the dog concept? LOL, instead of flexing your muscle and bombing some Third World hellhole to distract from domestic problems, just go ahead and do a FUBAR face plant in a Third World hellhole instead!

Why wag the dog when you can let it #$%^ on you instead?

Just need to add this. Germany, Japan and Italy were all 1st world nations when WWII started. Those bases were strategic to the larger global mission after the war namely the U.S.S.R. The German bases weren't there to keep thousand year old tribal bands from taking over the country. We wanted them as a hedge against Russia after Potsdam. That is completely different than these 3rd world countries with 9th century cultures and beliefs.

Difference is, I think, that Trump would have begun the gradual withdrawl earlier so they weren't leaving essentially overnight with no notice like the Baltimore Colts.
There is no "would have." The withdrawal was already underway. Trump reduced the force in Afghanistan from around 15000 to about 2500. He was going to meet that May 1st time line. It's OK to admit that the withdrawal was going to be ****** up regardless of who the President is/was. I don't know why some people don't want to believe that. The time line, whether Trump's or Biden's was too fast and poorly planned.

There is no "would have." The withdrawal was already underway. Trump reduced the force in Afghanistan from around 15000 to about 2500. He was going to meet that May 1st time line. It's OK to admit that the withdrawal was going to be ****** up regardless of who the President is/was. I don't know why some people don't want to believe that. The time line, whether Trump's or Biden's was too fast and poorly planned.
Yeah I think this was inevitable regardless of how we did it. The Afghan people want to live under an Islamic regime and sharia law.

I don't get it. Do people honestly believe that Trump or Biden sat down in a room, came up with a plan and told his generals to "execute?" That's not how it works. At all. Generals come up with a plan. The CJOS either buys it or doesn't. It gets sent to the President for final approval. Who the hell knows what these generals told Trump or Biden?

I mean, yeah, the whole thing is a clusterfuck, but it is not ONLY of Biden's or Trump's doing. If you want my personal opinion, every Brigade commander and up from 2001 to present is to blame. A bunch of yes men, telling their superiors what they wanted to hear, lying and putting lipstick on a pig for two decades. A thousand more troops, another couple years. For two damn decades. Our Soldiers executed their mission flawlessly. Our leadership failed them from the beginning to now. Only difference is, it's actually on national television.