• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Taliban 2, USA 1

Nolte: There’s Nothing Normal About Joe Biden Going AWOL for Four Days​

US President Joe Biden (L) and First Lady Jill Biden (C) board Marine One at Delaware Air National Guard in New Castle, Delaware, on August 13, 2021, as they travel to Camp David, Maryland. - Jill Biden injured her left foot in Oahu, Hawaii, the last weekend in July, while …
NICHOLAS KAMM/AFP via Getty
JOHN NOLTE18 Aug 2021548
5:23
We are entering day five of a crisis where thousands of American civilians are trapped in Afghanistan, and the president of the United States was … on vacation, is still nowhere to be found, is not talking to the American public, is totally incommunicado, is not even releasing statements or speaking to other world leaders.
This is not normal.
The White House / YouTube

At first, over the weekend, as this crisis unfolded, I thought His Fraudulency Joe Biden’s decision to remain at Camp David was a smart one. One way to downplay a calamity is to not add to the drama with presidential appearances. The thinking being: Americans want out of Afghanistan. Let the country fall. Just make sure the embassy is evacuated.
Well, little did I know, this administration was so caught off guard by the Taliban, there are still thousands of American civilians trapped in a country overrun by Islamic terrorists, which is the equivalent of being stuck behind enemy lines during World War II with a Nazi takeover.
Let’s examine just how abnormal and disturbing Biden’s behavior is…
We have thousands of American civilians — civilians— stuck in a country overrun by jihadists who hate us, the U.S. government has already admitted it has no idea when it can get them out, has already admitted it cannot protect them as they make their way to an airport where a flight might not be waiting for them, and the president of the United States, until late last night, was hiding out at Camp David.
What’s more, the messaging from the White House is in utter disarray. White House Press Secretary Lyin’ Ginger can’t even guarantee every American will make it out safely… And the president of the United States is hiding out at Camp David.

And when I say “hiding out,” that’s not hyperbole.
Biden was nowhere to be seen. He didn’t walk out of his Camp David retreat to take a few questions or make a statement. He’s still not releasing statements that say things like: Nothing will be left undone to ensure every American is evacuated safely. Biden isn’t doing anything. He’s hiding. Even today, back at the White House, he’s hiding. Thousands of Americans are stuck in a foreign country overrun by our mortal enemies, and their president’s gone AWOL for four full days.
This is not normal.
And where’s her Vice Fraudulency Kamala Harris? There are rumors she’s keeping hours that would embarrass a banker, strolling into the office at, say, 9:30, 9:45…
This is not normal.
When thousands of America are trapped behind enemy lines, Americans want to hear from their president. They want to know the man they hired to do the job is doing the job, is in control, is engaged, and is on top of things. They want to be reassured someone is in charge.
This is not normal.
Never in the history of American politics have I seen a president disappear during a crisis like this, not with so many American lives at risk.
But I have seen this elsewhere…

In Russia, 1941, when Josef Stalin had a psychotic break.
In June of 1941, about an hour after Stalin went to bed and two years after signing a non-aggression pact with Hitler’s Germany, Hitler launched Operation Barbarossa, a full-fledged invasion of the Soviet Union.
Stalin was so shocked, so caught off guard, so unprepared, so humiliated, he fell completely apart, and for three full days, as the Nazis made historic advances, killed thousands, and drove towards Moscow, Stalin refused to do anything. He was completely out of touch as his country was ravaged. The reasons for his breakdown are obvious: every disastrous decision, every strategic and political mistake he’d made with Germany, had just come home to roost, and he had no idea what to do about it.
Eventually, Stalin got his act together and repelled the German invaders, but the cost to his country and tens of millions of Russians was almost unfathomable. Hopefully, that will not be the case here.
But that is exactly what an already mentally reduced Joe Biden is facing — the terrible, world-shaking consequences of his terrible decisions. He stupidly broke the Trump administration’s agreement with the Taliban, which gave the Taliban license to break all their promises and invade. He stupidly removed our troops before he removed our people. He stupidly removed our troops in the summer, when the Taliban are organized, instead of the winter, when they are all back home waiting out the frigid weather. He stupidly left behind billions and billions and billions of dollars in fully operational U.S. war equipment…
And now Biden’s up and disappeared, gone into hiding, gone AWOL… His administration is in utter disarray just like any government would be without someone in charge.
This is not normal.

U.S. President Joe Biden walks away after refusing to take questions after delivering remarks on the worsening crisis in Afghanistan from the East Room of the White House August 16, 2021 in Washington, DC. (Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images)
We are entering the fifth day of the greatest foreign policy/human rights disaster in decades and the president of the United States is in hiding.
Thousands of Americans’ lives are at risk, and the president of the United States is hiding out, is incommunicado…
Something is seriously wrong with Joe Biden.

If this doesn't unite Congress into a full investigation of what went wrong, and consequences for those that made the decisions resulting in this cluster ****, then I'm not sure anything ever will. This will be even more telling if the Americans trapped in that shithole never get out.

And yes, I think Biden is a **** up on many levels, but would feel the same way if this happened on Trumps watch.

Considering the generals and what not found out about Trumps "plan" to withdraw via twitter i kinda doubt a solid concrete plan was in place. Would Trump's team been able to pull something better off in the short timeline he gave? Maybe, but Trump's timeline was unrealistic and we would more than likely be in the same mess as now.
Biden is braindead, but i doubt he or Trump or any recent president is really a military strategist. Sure the president has to approve but whoever created whatever we are doing should be taking major heat

Doesn't take military strategist to figure out that you evacuate your 10,000 American civilians first, not last.

In fact there's no plan at all for them. What he should be doing is sending all available resources right NOW to the area. Get your people out . That's his ******* job.

You are half a world away and insulated from the truth and only getting the lies produced by a media that is bordering on being a State run/Party run disinformation bureau.
Bordering? Dude, the "border" is about 4 years in the past. We'd have to backtrack a country ******* mile to get back to the "border".

Or…putting my wig hat on. They know that rona isn’t going anywhere and they know they can’t simply say “look it isn’t that bad”. So let’s **** something up so bad so people focus on that and we can slowly put aside the rona thing.

did I go to far wig.
Distraction is all fine and good, but THIS distraction reflects really really badly not just on the vegetable administration, but on America in general. It does not help the liberal "globalist" agenda if America cannot be considered a good "global ally".

All this does is make America look weak, and ironically sadistic. Not only are we running away in fear from guys literally coming off goat farms, but we are leaving an entire country of people who were enjoyed some level of protection and prosperity to men who will punish them, rape them and put them back in the dark ages as a society. All while Americans argue over whether or not they can eat their lobster without worrying about masks.

We're the ******** in this and I doubt even vegetable wanted this.

Perhaps the Me Too, Time's Up angry *****-hatters should go on a protest march in Kabul.

Afghan Woman Killed For Not Wearing Burqa As Taliban Make New Claims To Protect Women’s Rights​

By Tim Pearce

Aug 18, 2021 DailyWire.com

Facebook

Twitter
Mail
JALALABAD, AFGHANISTAN - AUGUST 18: Taliban check points are seen in the streets of Jalalabad city, Afghanistan on August 18, 2021, as Taliban take control of Afghanistan after 20 years. (Photo by Stringer/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images)
Stringer/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images
Taliban militants shot and killed a woman for not wearing a burqa on the same day the terror group pledged a new commitment to women’s rights.
Fox News published a photo Tuesday of an Afghan woman lying in a pool of her own blood after being shot by a Taliban militant in Afghanistan’s Takhar province. That same day, a Taliban spokesman publicly announced that the new regime would “provide women with environment to work and study, and the presence of women in different (government) structures according to Islamic law and in accordance with our cultural values.”

The militant reportedly killed the woman for walking in public without a burqa. The killing comes amid reports of other acts of violence and oppression the Taliban is carrying out against Afghans.
Hundreds of Afghans marched through the streets of Jalalabad on Wednesday waving the flag of the ousted Afghan government and protesting Taliban rule. Militants cracked down on the demonstration, firing into the crowd and beating protesters and journalists covering the event. As The New York Times reported:
Despite the risks, hundreds of protesters marched through the main shopping street, whistling, shouting and bearing large flags of the Afghan Republic. Taliban fighters fired in the air to break up the crowd, but the protesters did not disperse, video aired by local news media outlets showed.
When that failed, the fighters resorted to violence. It was unclear how many people were injured or whether anyone was killed.

The violence stands in stark contrast to the Taliban’s public calls for a “peaceful” transition of power. The Taliban have also claimed to offer “amnesty” to supporters of the ousted Afghan government.
The Taliban’s claims have rung hollow for many, however, as Afghan refugees report widespread beatings, arranged marriages, and executions in cities and towns across Afghanistan. Journalists, former government officials, and women in Afghanistan fear what the terrorist militants may do to them once they are found.
Zarifa Ghafari, 27, who became the youngest and first female mayor in Afghanistan in 2018, said that she and her family were waiting for the Taliban to find and kill them.

“I’m sitting here waiting for them to come. There is no one to help me or my family. I’m just sitting with them and my husband. And they will come for people like me and kill me. I can’t leave my family. And anyway, where would I go?” she said.
Taliban militants have began conducting “door to door” searches of houses looking for journalists, former Afghan government officials, military members, and people who worked with western government. As The Daily Wire reported:
Taliban militants are reportedly conducting door-to-door searches in Kabul looking for Afghan government officials, military members, and others who worked with the United States and other western countries.
Taliban militants are also seeking out journalists. While the terrorist group has promised safety and publicly called for a “peaceful” transfer of power, refugees who flocked to Kabul prior to its fall said that the Taliban has already begun forced marriages and executions in outlying cities and towns.
“Taliban started door to door search looking for govt officials, former police & security forces members & those who worked for foreign countries NGOs or infrastructures in Afghanistan. At least 3 journalists’ houses were searched in the last hour. Kabul is now becoming deadly,” one Kabul-based journalist tweeted on Monday. “This is a game-changer for us all. Many have started counting their final hours of life in Kabul. Nobody knows what happens next. Pray for us.”

I don't get it. Do people honestly believe that Trump or Biden sat down in a room, came up with a plan and told his generals to "execute?" That's not how it works. At all. Generals come up with a plan. The CJOS either buys it or doesn't. It gets sent to the President for final approval. Who the hell knows what these generals told Trump or Biden?

I mean, yeah, the whole thing is a clusterfuck, but it is not ONLY of Biden's or Trump's doing. If you want my personal opinion, every Brigade commander and up from 2001 to present is to blame. A bunch of yes men, telling their superiors what they wanted to hear, lying and putting lipstick on a pig for two decades. A thousand more troops, another couple years. For two damn decades. Our Soldiers executed their mission flawlessly. Our leadership failed them from the beginning to now. Only difference is, it's actually on national television.
I had this discussion, essentially, with my wife last night. She asked me "What's going on in Afghanistan?" I explained that we've been in a clusterfuck for around 20 years since 9/11 whipped everyone up into a frenzy so we ran off and occupied in order to "find Osama". After he was allegedly found, for some reason, we stuck around in order to provide "stability" to a region historically known for being insanely unstable.
Time passed and we ended up being there for decades, essentially trying to help Afghans learn how to create, train and sustain a military force capable of defending themselves from outside incursions. This proved practically impossible and the Afghan military was only able to hold back outside forces with extensive help from American forces in the form of air support and intelligence.
Ultimately, pretty much EVERYBODY wanted out of Afghanistan, but we'd created a sort of moral dilemma because we'd trained up this infantile military and propped up a disorganized and weak government for so long, leaving would almost certainly ensure it's collapse. Yet, leave we must at some point so the issue is not in the leaving, it's in HOW we leave and what we do to protect our own interests and how we try to prepare the Afghan people for our departure to the best of our ability.
Essentially, I said even though I loathe Biden, he really has only a small part of the fuckup on this one, the generals should have come up with a much better plan for leaving the region. Now if they DID have another plan and vegetable said, "**** it, let's just order some U-Hauls." then that's on him, but I suspect the generals didn't come up with a very good plan and we're now seeing the fallout of 2 decades of questionable foreign intervention policy.

Doesn't take military strategist to figure out that you evacuate your 10,000 American civilians first, not last.

In fact there's no plan at all for them. What he should be doing is sending all available resources right NOW to the area. Get your people out . That's his ******* job.
Biden lied and we know the rest.

Distraction is all fine and good, but THIS distraction reflects really really badly not just on the vegetable administration, but on America in general. It does not help the liberal "globalist" agenda if America cannot be considered a good "global ally".

All this does is make America look weak, and ironically sadistic. Not only are we running away in fear from guys literally coming off goat farms, but we are leaving an entire country of people who were enjoyed some level of protection and prosperity to men who will punish them, rape them and put them back in the dark ages as a society. All while Americans argue over whether or not they can eat their lobster without worrying about masks.

We're the ******** in this and I doubt even vegetable wanted this.
In spite of Biden's breathtaking incompetence, you have to wonder about the rapidity of the Afghan military capitulation and what intrigue may lurk behind the apparent chaos. Like Biden's crew and cabal wanting to finish off America as a Superpower and demoralize it's former crown jewel in its military morale and prowess.

Cloward-Piven chaos and ultimate method to the folly and madness.

Mike Pence with the details... Xiden is a ******* inept embarrassment.

Mike Pence: Biden Broke Our Deal With the Taliban​

It’s a foreign-policy humiliation unlike anything our country has endured since the Iran hostage crisis.​

By Mike Pence
Aug. 17, 2021 6:19 pm ET

im-386887

U.S soldiers stand guard along a perimeter at the international airport in Kabul, Aug. 16.​

PHOTO: SHEKIB RAHMANI/ASSOCIATED PRESS
Listen to article
Length5 minutes

‘The likelihood there’s going to be the Taliban overrunning everything and owning the whole country [of Afghanistan] is highly unlikely,” President Biden confidently proclaimed in July. “There’s going to be no circumstance where you see people being lifted off the roof of an embassy.”

OPINION: POTOMAC WATCH
WSJ Opinion Potomac WatchAfghanistan Falls, With Thousands Stranded

00:00
1x

SUBSCRIBE
One month later, the scenario Mr. Biden deemed impossible has become a horrifying reality. In recent days, the world has watched panicked civilians cling to U.S. military aircraft in a desperate attempt to escape the chaos unleashed by Mr. Biden’s reckless retreat. American diplomats had to beg our enemies not to storm our embassy in Kabul. Taliban fighters have seized scores of American military vehicles, rifles, artillery, aircraft, helicopters and drones.
The Biden administration’s disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan is a foreign-policy humiliation unlike anything our country has endured since the Iran hostage crisis.
It has embarrassed America on the world stage, caused allies to doubt our dependability, and emboldened enemies to test our resolve. Worst of all, it has dishonored the memory of the heroic Americans who helped bring terrorists to justice after 9/11, and all who served in Afghanistan over the past 20 years.

In February 2020, the Trump administration reached an agreement that required the Taliban to end all attacks on U.S. military personnel, to refuse terrorists safe harbor, and to negotiate with Afghan leaders on creating a new government. As long as these conditions were met, the U.S. would conduct a gradual and orderly withdrawal of military forces.
Unanimously endorsed by the United Nations Security Council, the agreement immediately brought to Afghanistan a stability unseen in decades. In the past 18 months, the U.S. has not suffered a single combat casualty there.
By the time we left office, the Afghan government and the Taliban each controlled their respective territories, neither was mounting major offensives, and America had only 2,500 U.S. troops in the country—the smallest military presence since the war began in 2001.
America’s endless war was coming to a dignified end, and Bagram Air Base ensured we could conduct counterterrorism missions through the war’s conclusion.
The progress our administration made toward ending the war was possible because Taliban leaders understood that the consequences of violating the deal would be swift and severe. After our military took out Iranian terrorist Qasem Soleimani, and U.S. Special Forces killed the leader of ISIS, the Taliban had no doubt we would keep our promise.

But when Mr. Biden became president, he quickly announced that U.S. forces would remain in Afghanistan for an additional four months without a clear reason for doing so. There was no plan to transport the billions of dollars worth of American equipment recently captured by the Taliban, or evacuate the thousands of Americans now scrambling to escape Kabul, or facilitate the regional resettlement of the thousands of Afghan refugees who will now be seeking asylum in the U.S. with little or no vetting. Rather, it seems that the president simply didn’t want to appear to be abiding by the terms of a deal negotiated by his predecessor.
Once Mr. Biden broke the deal, the Taliban launched a major offensive against the Afghan government and seized Kabul. They knew there was no credible threat of force under this president. They’ve seen him kowtow to anti-Semitic terrorist groups like Hamas, restore millions of dollars in aid to the Palestinian Authority, and sit by earlier this year while thousands of rockets rained down on Israeli civilians.
Weakness arouses evil—and the magnitude of evil now rising in Afghanistan speaks volumes about the weaknesses of Mr. Biden. To limit the carnage, the president has ordered more troops to Afghanistan, tripling our military presence amid a supposed withdrawal.
After 20 years, more than 2,400 American deaths, 20,000 Americans wounded, and over $2 trillion spent, the American people are ready to bring our troops home.
But the manner in which Mr. Biden has executed this withdrawal is a disgrace, unworthy of the courageous American service men and women whose blood still stains the soil of Afghanistan.
Mr. Pence served as vice president of the United States, 2017-21, and is chairman of Advancing American Freedom.

You know, I hadn't thought of that, but it's true. Virtually every foreign policy decision has consequences one way or another. The U.S. not only sitting out while Israel traded rockets with Palestine but even going so far as to publicly criticize Israel for "being better at aiming their rockets." If we aren't going to stand up and back Israel, we sure as **** aren't going to do anything for Afghanistan or Taiwan.

I can see how the Taliban would recognize an opportunity to move against a government far more determined to look like the "Good Guys".

I don't get it. Do people honestly believe that Trump or Biden sat down in a room, came up with a plan and told his generals to "execute?" That's not how it works. At all. Generals come up with a plan. The CJOS either buys it or doesn't. It gets sent to the President for final approval. Who the hell knows what these generals told Trump or Biden?

I mean, yeah, the whole thing is a clusterfuck, but it is not ONLY of Biden's or Trump's doing. If you want my personal opinion, every Brigade commander and up from 2001 to present is to blame. A bunch of yes men, telling their superiors what they wanted to hear, lying and putting lipstick on a pig for two decades. A thousand more troops, another couple years. For two damn decades. Our Soldiers executed their mission flawlessly. Our leadership failed them from the beginning to now. Only difference is, it's actually on national television.
I think the difference between Trump and Biden is the execution of the withdrawal. You move your assets out prior to pulling out the troops. Get the civilians, equipment/weapons and then the military out last. Trump outlined that last night and maybe that is Monday morning QB being played but Biden very clearly stated on multiple occasions that they weren't concerned about the Taliban overrunning the country.

The aftermath of what happened this weekend will reverberate for decades. All of the sensitive gear and weaponry left behind. Some of that will get sold off to enemies and that falls squarely on the current admin who is now in charge. They should have learned from the Russian's mistake trying to nation build there. Hopefully next time we won't be so quick to try and prop up a country that we have no business being in.

Upon further thought, I don’t blame Xiden at all for this. He doesn’t even know what day of the week it is. He’s not planning or approving military actions when he can barely read what’s put in front of him. No, this is all on his staffers and Bomma’s former staffers.

Upon further thought, I don’t blame Xiden at all for this. He doesn’t even know what day of the week it is. He’s not planning or approving military actions when he can barely read what’s put in front of him. No, this is all on his staffers and Bomma’s former staffers.
Never trust dudes like him whose best quality is the ability to rock a pair of aviators.

I'm starting to round the corner thinking Biden should resign over this. He should have known full well Trump was doing Putin's bidding in selling Afghanistan out to the Taliban. Biden should have put an immediate halt to Trump's treacherous deal that he negotiated through Pompeo with the Taliban terrorists. He should have shelved the entire thing and started over from scratch. How did he think anything Trump did was in good faith, or in the best interests of America? How ******* stupid do you have to be, to not see right through it? CIA advisers told him point blank this was in the works, that the Taliban were empowered by Trump and preparing to overtake Kabul and the country itself. Biden scoffed at it.

So bring on President Kamala Harris, with military vet Pete Buttigieg as her VP. Let's get it done.

Are you offering?
I think you need to share. Because you are definitely on some good **** if you seriously believe the peanut farmer was/is admired for domestic and foreign policy. I lived through it and though I was young a remember double digit inflation/unemployment/interest rates and the Iranians storming the embassy and taking most of the staff hostage.

I lived through it as well. And to be clear, I said his domestic policies were generally pretty disastrous. Much of the world, however feels that Carter was a tremendous humanitarian and that he helped lots of other countries, particularly poor developing ones.

I wasn't arguing that Carter was "good". I don't think anybody would necessarily die on that hill. The U.S. handling of Iran at the time was pretty cluster-fuckish, but Americans seem bound and determined NOT to realize that the middle east hates us only very slightly less than they hate eachother.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Edmund Burke