• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Taliban 2, USA 1

I could go on for hours about this ****. This whole thing was a failure from the word go. I served there 4 times. I've seen it, I lived it. We were not fighting to win. We were playing a politically correct game of chicken with a bunch of 7th century savages that do not give a **** about living or dying and believe that dying for this **** is honorable.

I said a hundred times that the only way to win is get lower in the gutter than the enemy, and beat them at their own horrific game. We did not, believing that we should fight a war as gentlemen, worried what the world would say. They ******* flew planes into buildings, killing nearly everyone in close proximity. Do you really think they cared what the world thought? Did we really think that being honorable about a war was going to score us any points with those ********?

You know what? It wasn't worth it. None of it. Watching what seemed like an endless stream of flag draped body bags flown out of the trauma center at Salerno to Bagram. For what? For this clusterfuck?

My tears have run dry and my heart is cold. Our politicians and generals sacrificed American souls without a will to fight and win. Played politics with the greatest treasure America has to offer. In a generation, when youth has no desire whatsoever to serve this nation by defending it, you can look no further than this 20 years of spineless political nonsense.

You know what? **** this, I'm done. Not going to comment on this anymore. What's the point? No one cares. It's all about defending Biden or Trump. Nevermind the 6,000 men and women there trying to save face for America. Set up for failure again. Stunner.

I could go on for hours about this ****. This whole thing was a failure from the word go. I served there 4 times. I've seen it, I lived it. We were not fighting to win. We were playing a politically correct game of chicken with a bunch of 7th century savages that do not give a **** about living or dying and believe that dying for this **** is honorable.

I said a hundred times that the only way to win is get lower in the gutter than the enemy, and beat them at their own horrific game. We did not, believing that we should fight a war as gentlemen, worried what the world would say. They ******* flew planes into buildings, killing nearly everyone in close proximity. Do you really think they cared what the world thought? Did we really think that being honorable about a war was going to score us any points with those ********?

You know what? It wasn't worth it. None of it. Watching what seemed like an endless stream of flag draped body bags flown out of the trauma center at Salerno to Bagram. For what? For this clusterfuck?

My tears have run dry and my heart is cold. Our politicians and generals sacrificed American souls without a will to fight and win. Played politics with the greatest treasure America has to offer. In a generation, when youth has no desire whatsoever to serve this nation by defending it, you can look no further than this 20 years of spineless political nonsense.

You know what? **** this, I'm done. Not going to comment on this anymore. What's the point? No one cares. It's all about defending Biden or Trump. Nevermind the 6,000 men and women there trying to save face for America. Set up for failure again. Stunner.
I care and it has nothing to do about the suites. Please keep educating me.

7th century savages! That nails it. They only understand barbaric brutality. Anything less is wasting your time with them.

A lot of us do absolutely care. I wish we could keep politicians and media out of these things altogether. Go do what must be done, even if you have to impale thousands of them on long spears lining the roads and mountain tops to send the message. I would use whatever means necessary for people like that. Let them experience nerve agents.

The experience should be so terrifying and horrific for an enemy it breaks their spirit to even try you.

I never want to see us go into another country like this ever again if politicians and desk jockeys are going to be involved.

Let the warriors do what needs to be done and stay out of the way.

Where the congressional hearings? DT farts and there was another one trying to get him out. This dumb **** is destroying this country and not a peep.
When was the last Congressional hearing into anything that was useful? They are just media machines to allow politicians to get sound bites so they seem to care, but lead to zero changes.

The problem in the US isn't that Nancy Pelosi or Lindsey Graham say stuff, the problem is that they regularly get handed a microphone to speak into like they have something worthy of saying.

Less talk would benefit everyone.

A lot of us care Sarge. And we appreciate what you and the rest of the military have done. Don’t doubt that.

Sarge,
A generation of Afghanis had a form of freedom for a generation because of the efforts of folks like you. Regardless of the costs, and the ****** ending, a generation knows hope for the future.

Thank you for your service, thank you for your sacrifice.

We've seen what you get when you train Afghan forces for 20 years, so how many more years would you have liked US taxpayers to pay for more training?
Besides that.
The troops we sent. Those that didn’t make it back, left families behind. Those who made it but have to suffer from lost limbs, ptsd, short changed by services that are supposed to help in the civilian world.

Too many damn good men and women just got slapped in the face. Two decades of literal blood, sweat and tears and for what?

Sarge,
A generation of Afghanis had a form of freedom for a generation because of the efforts of folks like you. Regardless of the costs, and the ****** ending, a generation knows hope for the future.

Thank you for your service, thank you for your sacrifice.
Sarge has no doubt seen a lot that I cannot comprehend.
However having friends and family who have served I can sympathize.

This goes to all you service members and vets on this forum. Thanks a ton. Words on a message board are just that. But my thoughts are always with you guys

Trump's exit date was set for May, 2021, three months ago!
Yes, that is correct. Trump was also trying to work out an actual plan for that to happen. WTF was Biden's plan? At least Trump had the guts to talk with the Taliban and face reality of the situation. Admit it Tibs Trump had the right idea and would have had a far easier transition. You know in your hear Biden ****** this up but your total devotion to all things TDS will not allow you even a moment of clarity to realize, TRUMP WAS RIGHT.

Sarge, I know you're at your wits end. I can't even possibly imagine myself, but I live with a Vietnam Veteran who actually signed up for it (as a young, fearless spirit) and came back a changed human being. I've been through hell in my own way, dealing with the hell he wasn't able to put behind him for so many years. But please take some sort of solace in what you did for this great country and the great American people who still appreciate you. There are millions of us who do, and appreciate you and all you've done.

We're all on your side and we're a phone call away (or even a damn visit, I don't care). You're too valuable to your family, and to your extended family here, to lose.

Trump did not have a plan..I think he pretty much pulled the carpet out from under everyone when he set the deadline. With that being said Trump for once listened to advisors and backed down. The Biden plan is not really Biden's plan for many reasons. Of course Biden will take the hit because he has final say. There were many mistakes by military leaders and presidents. It is way more than a Trump vs Biden thing. The Afghan military also deserves blame. We gave them so many assets and they didn't even try to fight and basically just handed over everything we gave them. Based on past experiences it is mind blowing to me that the govt could not have seen this coming and not had a better plan or even a contingency plan if things started getting out of control

Thank you for your service & your sacrifice, Sarge. Same goes for all other veterans & active service members. 🙏

Funny. That was exactly the same public sentiment in 1975.
And here we are.

Yeah I know. We failed to learn from that. Which probably means all of the wrong people are still running things. We've also had horrible weak commander in chiefs.

Trump did not have a plan..I think he pretty much pulled the carpet out from under everyone when he set the deadline. With that being said Trump for once listened to advisors and backed down. The Biden plan is not really Biden's plan for many reasons. Of course Biden will take the hit because he has final say. There were many mistakes by military leaders and presidents. It is way more than a Trump vs Biden thing. The Afghan military also deserves blame. We gave them so many assets and they didn't even try to fight and basically just handed over everything we gave them. Based on past experiences it is mind blowing to me that the govt could not have seen this coming and not had a better plan or even a contingency plan if things started getting out of control

How the hell would you know? I can almost guarantee he wouldn't have left 10 thousand American citizens to trust the Taliban for safe passage out.

Biden is a brain dead moron. I doubt he has a plan for anything. I'd take an 8 year olds plan over him.

Do you even stop to contemplate the validity of information before you post it? perhaps the motive? Maybe the even who is providing that message? Like say...a savage killer who states that someone took an untraceable asset (no proof) in order to sway a populous and the world against the leader of a legitimate government that his group just over-ran?

The info comes from Russia, and since you guys *love* Russia, I figured I'd post it here.

Also, the former Afghan government couldn't have been a "legitimate government" if Trump completely shunned them and propped up & negotiated with the Taliban instead. Correct?

How the hell would you know? I can almost guarantee he wouldn't have left 10 thousand American citizens to trust the Taliban for safe passage out.

Biden is a brain dead moron. I doubt he has a plan for anything. I'd take an 8 year olds plan over him.
Considering the generals and what not found out about Trumps "plan" to withdraw via twitter i kinda doubt a solid concrete plan was in place. Would Trump's team been able to pull something better off in the short timeline he gave? Maybe, but Trump's timeline was unrealistic and we would more than likely be in the same mess as now.
Biden is braindead, but i doubt he or Trump or any recent president is really a military strategist. Sure the president has to approve but whoever created whatever we are doing should be taking major heat

The info comes from Russia, and since you guys *love* Russia, I figured I'd post it here.

Also, the former Afghan government couldn't have been a "legitimate government" if Trump completely shunned them and propped up & negotiated with the Taliban instead. Correct?
Answer my question. Do you even ponder the information at all? Never mind, I'll make it a rhetorical question.

I have no idea what Trump did or who he negotiated with, nor why he did it. I turned off the news long ago. I just don't ******* care anymore.