• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Taliban 2, USA 1

This goes without saying, but there are going to be some nasty videos circulating the internet from Afghanistan in the coming weeks/months at the hands of the Taliban.

If you don't want to see some disgustingly barbaric ****, I'd avoid social media for the most part. And remember, there are medieval torture devices from just about every major civilization throughout human history, so the torture, gore and utter depravity is not anything new. We just live in a place and period of mostly unicorns and rainbows, so never forget how fortunate you are to have been born & raised in the United States of America.

There are hundreds of millions of others not so fortunate and it's going to continue to be like hell on earth for them. If you're a praying person, now is a good time.
The taliban spokesperson as of yesterday at least had not been censored on Twitter for their insurrection.

Sarge will most likely destroy me here but I’ll give it a go. I know folks don’t care for Ben Shapiro but he had a great podcast today on this. His point was, we weren’t there (or shouldn’t have been) to nation build but rather keep the melting pot of terroists at bay.

we had a small force that essentially was there to provide the air coverage to keep them at bay. When sleepy pulled that, he also pulled the contractors that fixed/maintained the Afghan equipment so rendering it useless.

I Donno. It was a good watch. There was no “winning” or nation building but seemingly we kept a level of order akin to Chicago or Portland.
Now? Man ***** going to get real

His point was, we weren’t there (or shouldn’t have been) to nation build but rather keep the melting pot of terroists at bay.

And I believe he's right, & we could do that with UAVs essentially. The U.S. has the most advanced military/technology on the planet. There's no nation building with countries basically stuck in the dark ages, but like Shapiro said, keeping the worst terrorists at bay by precision bombing the **** out of them makes for a safer U.S. and a safer planet in general.

Who was in control of the airport? Why wasn't every single American contractor, educator, humanitarian aide etc. evacuated months ago? I don't disagree with Biden that we shouldn't be there, it's how this was all handled that's tragic. And it contradicts what he's said in the past, he deflects responsibility etc. And seems like he had to be pushed onto a stage and without taking a single question, he heads right back to the bunker. Talk about an actual Bunker Boy. But is anyone actually surprised? He barely knows what day it is, let alone formulating strategic ways to leave the country without creating a firestorm. But I mean, is there not a single competent person in that entire administration who pulls the strings who could've handled this better than essentially throwing darts at a board blindfolded?

Good God almighty:

Well, this is certainly one way to look at it. I wonder when Brian Williams is going to have him back on?

Biden is ******* clueless

It does, but she should be asking that question to the mighty Afghan military, that either turned tail and ran or defected to the Taliban. I have so many conflicted feelings and my mind goes about 100 different directions when discussing this topic. I was there 4 times. Wasn't sure what it was for, especially the last time, but I really don't know now. I lost friends down there, and saw enough others loaded onto helicopters in flag draped body bags.

Still, we couldn't stay there forever. Afghanistan had to take responsibility for their own defense and security and they didn't. If their own country isn't worth fighting for to them, then why should it be to us?
That’s what hurts me is what was all this for?
We’ve lost good soldiers all for what?

Then to supposedly nation build, provide a sense of freedom and opportunity for oppressed people to see all that whirlwind and stripped away.

Nation building is not the answer, TOTAL occupation is the answer. If we are going to put boots on the ground, then that country is now ours, period, end of story. We need to take total control of EVERYTHING and make sure they know it is permanent. Allow those that want to follow the rules, to learn to enjoy the 21st century. Their kids and grandkids will never want to go back. Just keep squeezing the opposition into smaller and smaller areas, then kill them all.

Nation building is not the answer, TOTAL occupation is the answer. If we are going to put boots on the ground, then that country is now ours, period, end of story. We need to take total control of EVERYTHING and make sure they know it is permanent. Allow those that want to follow the rules, to learn to enjoy the 21st century. Their kids and grandkids will never want to go back. Just keep squeezing the opposition into smaller and smaller areas, then kill them all.
You have to be either all-in or all-out.

Hey, what ever happened to those terrorists that Bomma released from Gitmo about 5 years ago?

https://nypost.com/2021/08/16/talib...ama?utm_source=drive&utm_campaign=android_nyp

Of course that happened. Everyone knew it would. We should have extracted all of the information needed then executed them all nice and secret. We would have saved countless lives.

Now all we ended up doing was getting a bunch of innocent people brutally murdered,raped and oppressed under the iron hand of some ****** up ideology radical Islam. Which is all about power and control, much like the communists. They just use some false God to justify horrific acts.

You can't let wicked evil men go like that. Ever. Now from what I've heard we had 5-7k released from prison in Afghanistan. A great many of them high level Al Qaeda.

Gitmo was petty compared to what just happened. We have absolutely no leadership at all and our illegitimate president is less than worthless for anything. He's actually a danger and a huge liability to us all.

Last edited:
You have to be either all-in or all-out.

Yep. We could have easily kept one large base open to keep the nutjobs from doing what they just did. We did it in Korea,Japan and Germany.

Now it will actually become worse than what it was before we stepped foot in that country.

Nobody is going to trust us for **** ever again.

Yep. We could have easily kept one large base open to keep the nutjobs from doing what they just did. We did it in Korea,Japan and Germany.

Do you know who made the decision to shut down Afghan operations and leave altogether?

You can't let wicked evil men go like that. Ever. Now from what I've heard we had 5-7k released from prison in Afghanistan. A great many of them high level Al Qaeda.

Do you know who negotiated their release, including the current head of Taliban?

Do you know who made the decision to shut down Afghan operations and leave altogether?

Do you know who negotiated their release, including the current head of Taliban?
The same American leadership that negotiated with vaccine makers and then ensured vaccines were able to bypass standard FDA preclinical, phase 1 and phase 2 stages? Those guys?