• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Talking with an NFL coach about his team and the Steelers

They like head coach Gase and think they can win with Ryan Tannehill back.

When I see him again which might be a long time from now I’ll ask him how the heck they can split with New England but keep losing to the Bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

If this coach is from your “development” why will it be a long time from now?

Looks like another BS opinion piece with BS references from Coach. This.....uh...imaginary coach...what’s has been his team W/L record compared to Tomlin?

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

If this coach is from your “development” why will it be a long time from now?

Looks like another BS opinion piece with BS references from Coach. This.....uh...imaginary coach...what’s has been his team W/L record compared to Tomlin?

Why will it be a long time from now? Because camp is starting soon. DUH. Its a true story Ike. Like I care what you think.

I just find it very interesting that an NFL coach who prepared to play the Steelers said about our coaching. Since he is there and you are not, your opinion as usual doesn't matter.

Tomlin would not last without Ben and Colbert

If we have a losing season he should be fired, but probably would slide.

A more likely scenario is the Steelers simply let his contact expire and pick a new head coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

You will look foolish if Rudolph develops. He's the first legit talent to be a starter that we have drafted since Ben.

Want to know what's worse than firing a coach for his first losing season? Firing a coach for having a winning season and making the playoffs. San Diego ****** themselves dumping Schottenheimer, Detriot hasn't been relevant since they fired Wayne Fonts, Raiders dumped Chucky after losing in the playoffs then lose to him on a different team in the SB and haven't sniffed one since.

Consistency does count for something. And pretending something gets better with unknown variables is madness at best.

Why will it be a long time from now? Because camp is starting soon. DUH. Its a true story Ike. Like I care what you think.

I just find it very interesting that an NFL coach who prepared to play the Steelers said about our coaching. Since he is there and you are not, your opinion as usual doesn't matter.

Who is this coach? Prepared to play the Steelers? When? Did they win the game? Was he a coordinator/ position coach, ball boy? The only opinion that matters is legitimacy. Which yours often isn’t. If you are going to be a freeloader member and produce a numerous thread topics, at least create useful ones. Not your BS opinion pieces where your personal agendas are routinely on display.

Who is this coach? Prepared to play the Steelers? When? Did they win the game? Was he a coordinator/ position coach, ball boy? The only opinion that matters is legitimacy. Which yours often isn’t. If you are going to be a freeloader member and produce a numerous thread topics, at least create useful ones. Not your BS opinion pieces where your personal agendas are routinely on display.

I see you have an interest in the thread. Like I said before, I'm not going to name the coach. In theory, he could get in some trouble breaching protocol and discussing in-house issues.

Yes, he prepared his team to play in several games vs. the Steelers. His insight is unique, far better than the media's in my opinion.

No dolt, he's not a ball boy. He's known by NFL head coaches, particularly from the head coaches who hired him and the players x and current who he coached. I'm not going to say his current title as that would give everything away, nice try.

Last edited:
Coach, Im not a big fan of Tomlin but the thing is this. Ive skimmed through the bio of every coach on that staff. Would they have an interesting perspective. Absolutely. But if you compared resumes with any one of those guys from Gase on down with Tomlin it isnt even close. Not even in the rhelm.

Yes, he prepared his team to play in several games vs. the Steelers. His insight is unique, far better than the media's in my opinion.

That's awesome you got to chat with this coach, but what you posted here could have been stated by literally anyone on this board. There was nothing groundbreaking here. On the other hand, I would genuinely LOVE to hear his thoughts on why the Dolphins have been mired in mediocrity for so long.

Coach, Im not a big fan of Tomlin but the thing is this. Ive skimmed through the bio of every coach on that staff. Would they have an interesting perspective. Absolutely. But if you compared resumes with any one of those guys from Gase on down with Tomlin it isnt even close. Not even in the rhelm.

Well he's not Adam Gase. However he did mention Gase is extremely organized, and used a hard line approach to get the me first and team fifteen guys in line.

The NFL has some excellent positional coaches and coordinators, many of whom know more about football than the head coach himself. Actually I'm most interested in his perspective how the Miami Dolphins split with New England so often. Now that is something I'd really like to know.

The key he said is we ( meaning the Dolphins ) cannot afford to lose games to Buffalo and expect to make the playoffs.

That's awesome you got to chat with this coach, but what you posted here could have been stated by literally anyone on this board. There was nothing groundbreaking here. On the other hand, I would genuinely LOVE to hear his thoughts on why the Dolphins have been mired in mediocrity for so long.

He said the previous GM wasn't very good, but they like the guy they have now.

If you ask me bad drafts, and poor QB play is the reason why they are stuck in mediocrity.

The NFL has some excellent positional coaches and coordinators, many of whom know more about football than the head coach himself. Actually I'm most interested in his perspective how the Miami Dolphins split with New England so often. Now that is something I'd really like to know.

This is not a bad thing as long as the HC allows the assistants to provide an appropriate amount of input into the game planning and management.

Well he's not Adam Gase. However he did mention Gase is extremely organized, and used a hard line approach to get the me first and team fifteen guys in line.

The key he said is we ( meaning the Dolphins ) cannot afford to lose games to Buffalo and expect to make the playoffs.
Gase is 16-16 as a HC. He had big success as a qb coach/ OC in Denver, less in Chicago and Detroit. Tomlin is 116-60 A SB as a HC, and AFC champ as an HC. Six time division champ and 2 trips to the playoffs as a non division winner. So again, I think the conversation was a unique opportunity and somewhat of a outside professional perspective, but really everyone on that staff including Gase would have a hard time getting a position on the Steelers much less a coordinator or an HC.

I think quite a few coaches would have good records with this team.

I think quite a few coaches would have good records with this team.

I'm pretty sure most coaches would do pretty well with Tom Brady. But the teams aren't built within a vacuum of everything good in spite of Tomlin and everything bad because of him. And I don't particularly like Tomlin. However, its pretty hard to dispute the empirical evidence of his success.
Lets take Todd Haley for example. I ****** hated him. I hated a lot of the play calls, I hated the way they started the games. I didn't like his demeanor. I'm not sure they are necessarily gonna be better this year.

I see you have an interest in the thread. Like I said before, I'm not going to name the coach. In theory, he could get in some trouble breaching protocol and discussing in-house issues.

No dolt, he's not a ball boy. He's known by NFL head coaches, particularly from the head coaches who hired him and the players x and current who he coached. I'm not going to say his current title as that would give everything away, nice try.

My interest is how it’s more of your agenda driven BS. We have training camp coming up, all kinds of topics related to what’s going to happen in Latrobe, player wise, defensive scheme wise, and whether Boz gets his contract extension. But you start another one of your bash Tomlin threads and cryptically provide no factual basis. Spoke with a NFL coach about another teams HC. Give us a break.

Point being, you flood this board with agenda driven topics, and you are not even a contributor to the site. If you want see your musings so as to coddle a love fest of yourself, write a journal instead of being a freeloader. How is it that the majority of folks on this board except you have a understanding of moderation? Justin has busted his tail on this site, but you water it down with your agenda driven BS. Yeah we know you don’t like MT, or the coaching staff, the FO when they don’t do what you want them to do. Or that Troy’s head was too big to be productive NFL player. You have an opinion. That’s it. Nothing else. You are not a contributor, refuse to be one for whatever reason. This site isn’t that expensive. But flood the board with more repetitive or useless topics than anyone by a mile.

Oh yeah, you are absolutely correct in ascertaining that this “person” could violate team rules conversing on particular topics, but it is highly doubtful that a professional coach that you are intimating would casually make comments of that nature to a “neighbor” or development resident. A non league representative at that. They know anything can be misconstrued by the media, so their opinions are kept outside of wandering ears except for journalists off record until they are out of the league. Besides NFL coaches are a close knit group, everyone has some second degree of separation to another.

Well it’s obvious he isn’t a head coach then, if he’s KNOWN by NFL HC. Then is he a coordinator? If this person exists, I gather he is a positional coach or position asst at best. You won’t give his current title......Hahahaha.....you don’t want him to get in trouble.....sure....fiction can be fun. Ok genius, you give us the facts what was his teams record in those several games then “dolt”. If he was a coordinator we would like to know what was the numbers against his position responsibility.

Only one person in this whole thread was suspicious of this being an actual conversation with an actual NFL coach, that was the most surprising aspect of this thread

I think some folks are just blocking Coach from their feed. Others just ignore his posts as they are all the same....me me me me me.

Dowell Loggains came to Chicago from Cleveland, where he was the Browns’ quarterbacks coach in 2014--

I often dont agree with Coach but he puts up some solid thread starts. This site is about disagreement, but it should be respectful. If you want to insult or be insulted go to the politics / religion forum.

Yes he does Sask, maybe 10-20% of the time. But the remaining 80-90% is this quasi-I know more than any of you about how poor “subject of HC, FO, player evals, draft picks” are. They are repetitive, boring and only bogs down true articulated disagreement conversations.

As for insults, I agree wholeheartedly. I respect a person’s opinion on any subject matter. But when you question another person’s opinion you better have solid rationale as to why you are questioning it. Otherwise, respectfully disagree and move on.

I often dont agree with Coach but he puts up some solid thread starts. This site is about disagreement, but it should be respectful. If you want to insult or be insulted go to the politics / religion forum.

Ike has the ultimate coach boner, it's a scratch he just can't seem to itch

Lol......someone has to call out his BS. Until he is a contributor, his excessive repetitive thread counts should be reduced.

I agree. Maybe Ike's standards for the Steelers are different than mine. I want them to win, and have no issues ripping anyone from the owner to the ball boy. Lately our expectations, especially in the playoffs have not been meet relative to our talent. I also have no issues give accolades. This is the place to be a Monday morning quarterback.

Lol......someone has to call out his BS. Until he is a contributor, his excessive repetitive thread counts should be reduced.

Thanks again for the one-star endorsement, Ike. I have been a contributor in the past and web site advocate. I think you need to look up what BS is. I use a lot of data here. Remember opinions can differ from facts.

You just don't like the way I present facts and get your panties in a wad at times from my opinion.

For example, I think Tomlin is an overrated coach and a reason why we underachieve. That is an opinion.

A fact would be Tomlin is 3-5 in his last eight playoff games, 3-6 if you include the super bowl loss to the Packers. And I usually add in football content, for example in the last game the Steelers played Tomlin's decision for the onside kick was foolish, and the players said the team was not focused...facts to back up my opinion.

If you have not guessed, the best way to limit my posting is to not reply back negatively to the point where I have to show you XYZ.

Last edited: