• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Target Down 5 Billion Since Embracing Trans Bathroom Policy

he CLEARLY stated:

In America, we still have the freedom to burn the flag or a cross. I abhor either. But I love the fact that we retain this freedom, albeit temporarily.

nowhere in there did he infer, directly nor indirectly, that this was allowable on someone else's property.
thus, one can conclude that reading comprehension is not one of your strong suits.

nowhere in there did he infer, directly nor indirectly, that this was allowable on someone else's property.

OK, and his purpose for referencing an article about burning a cross ON SOMEONE ELSE'S PROPERTY was...?

OK, and his purpose for referencing an article about burning a cross ON SOMEONE ELSE'S PROPERTY was...?

Answer: To answer your prior question (because all you do - like above - is ask questions). I answered your question and provided evidence.

Good Lord you are about as dense as a brick.

You began this little foray by asking the question, can you name people who've been jailed for either?

So I gave you examples in Canada where I originally stated freedom of speech was being taken away from Canadian citizens. One of which was a cross burning incident. One of which was someone who religiously speaks out against homosexuality. Cases that involved either incarceration or went to the Supreme Court of Canada.

I answered YOUR question.

You asked for cases, I gave you cases. And I explicitly stated I'm glad that people have the right to burn the flag and burn crosses. While I vehemently disagree with both - and likely would try to stop either event from happening in my presences - I LOVE the fact that we protect freedom of speech.

So...beaten there...YOU then try to say that burning crosses on someone's lawn is not permitted. And again, as Supe has pointed out, I stated specifically I'm happy people have the RIGHT to burn a cross. Specifically NOT saying burn a cross on a lawn.

So beaten again, you somehow want to twist the discussion again and say that you know what I was trying to infer when I merely provided you with a couple of cases to answer your question. LMAO.

LOOK! A Squirrel!

Specifically NOT saying burn a cross on a lawn.

LOL! You cannot specifically NOT say something.

"I specifically not said..." Priceless!

You ****** up and posted an article that was the worst possible case of the point you were trying to make. I was willing to let you off the hook but you can't bring yourself to admit it.

LOL! You cannot specifically NOT say something.

"I specifically not said..." Priceless!

You ****** up and posted an article that was the worst possible case of the point you were trying to make. I was willing to let you off the hook but you can't bring yourself to admit it.

Oh...my...goodnesss LOL. Yes, you can specifically omit something without inferring a thing. You asked for cases of people being jailed for hate speech, I gave them to you. I subsequently expressed my joy that our free speech is protected, even deplorable acts like burning flags and crosses.

Fact remains, whether that man was punished for burning the cross on his lawn, someone else's lawn, or at Wal-Mart, he was punished under hate speech laws. You asked the question, assuming there were no examples, and I gave you two perfect examples of Canadian citizens being punished for hate speech under their laws. And thus we should be wary of similar laws.

Your next brilliant question?

Another very libtardish take.

Or of somebody using their brain. Which reminds me of another annoying behavior of politically obsessed people. Mindless repetition of the same talking points over...and over...and over. Originality and creativity are positive things.

Last edited:
Or of somebody using their brain. Which reminds me of another annoying behavior of politically obsessed people. Mindless repetition of the same talking points over...and over...and over. Originality and creativity are positive things.
It's always funny when liberals accuse conservatives of repeating talking points. Liberals cannot fathom consistent, predictable positions that logically follow from common, strong first principles. In fact, liberals are the ones wandering around looking for the next movement, and someone to tell them what is important, offensive, or righteous.

What the heck? A man pretends to be a woman, goes into a library to fondle a little girl? No way he'd ever walk into a bathroom though...

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016...oman-inappropriately-touched-girl-at-library/

Ohio Police Say Man Dressed as Woman Inappropriately Touched Girl at Library

A man dressed as a woman entered Mentor Public Library in Mentor, OH and inappropriately touched a girl on May 29, a Fox 8 report says.

Mentor Police Department posted library surveillance footage of the man as he entered and left the building.

The man reportedly struck up “unusual conversation” with a 14-year-old girl, and is accused of inappropriately touching her before exiting. Police say the girl was not physically harmed.

Although the sun glare makes it difficult to identify the man, police are hoping the surveillance video is enough to identify him.

Missed this one....

Toronto, Canada – Two unidentified males. October 2015. University “temporarily” closes two “transgender” bathrooms due to “peeping” incidents.

MRCTV, October 9, 2015, available at http://www.mrctv.org/blog/university-dumps-transgender-bathrooms-after-peeping-incidents. Two incidents that occurred 5 days apart at the University of Toronto caused the University to close the transgender bathrooms as a temporary measure after voyeurism by males. In both reports, two different male students were caught spying on females as they used the showers in the bathrooms. The male students used their cell phones to take pictures of the females as they showered. Only the “gender neutral” bathrooms where this incident took place were closed, other “gender neutral” facilities on the campus remained open to males. See also http://www.dailywire.com/news/330/university-toronto-dumps-transgender-bathrooms-pardes-seleh

Target's market cap is now down $11.5Billion as of June 10

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog...due_to_target_boycott_reaches_11_billion.html

June 10, 2016
Market cap decline due to Target boycott reaches $11 billion
By Sierra Rayne

As the Queen of Denial, Target's CEO Brian Cornell claims that his company's bathroom policy has nothing to do with the massive loss in market cap experienced by Target since the policy came into force on April 19.

Back in late May, Cornell performed a Milli Vanilli and blamed it on the rain, claiming that "t's been a very wet and cold start to the year, and it's reflected in our sales[.] ... We haven't seen anything from a structural standpoint that gives us pause."

At the latest shareholders' meeting, the CEO stood his ground, insisting, "Target has suffered no negative financial impact due to the much hated bathroom policy."

This is clearly incorrect.

Since April 19, Target (TGT) has massively underperformed its main competitors, including Costco (COST), Walmart (WMT), Dollar General (DG), and Dollar Tree (DLTR):

196688_5_.jpg

I have to say Target's quality and design I have found to have sharply declined the last few years. I remember buying a lot of my kids' clothes there and it was very reasonable and relatively nice stuff. Now it's all extremely cheap and tacky. I've tried to buy gifts for my nieces there and haven't found anything that isn't complete crap. Their prices for the same stuff like toiletries, paper products etc are higher than Walmart's. And I find they are often out of stock on a lot of things. Used to shop there frequently but hardly ever go there anymore.

amazon is the way to shop now.

I can buy magazines for my lost AR-15 while taking a **** with the door open

amazon is the way to shop now.

I can buy magazines for my lost AR-15 while taking a **** with the door open

Amazon Prime - if you don't have it. I buy almost everything I need save for groceries there now.

Target's market cap isn't where it is because of the crap they sell though. Let's not try to throw up smoke screens. One only needs to look at the performance of their competitors during the same time frame.

What the heck? A man pretends to be a woman, goes into a library to fondle a little girl? No way he'd ever walk into a bathroom though...

We clearly need gender-specific libraries, this is what happens when you allow genders to use the same library!

We clearly need gender-specific libraries, this is what happens when you allow genders to use the same library!

No, cinder block for brains, evidence that more and more men are donning female clothing to strike in disguise. And now, that the restroom and dressing rooms and showers are wide open, there are increasingly more victims.

Oh My God...it has happened again.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/t...taking-pictures-of-woman-in-target-changing-r

‘Transgender’ male arrested for taking pictures of woman in Target changing room

AMMON, Idaho, July 13, 2016 (LifeSiteNews) – A biological male who claims to be a woman has been arrested for taking pictures of a woman in the changing room of a Target store.

Police say 43-year-old Sean Patrick Smith of Idaho Falls entered the women's changing area of a Target in Ammon, Idaho, on Monday dressed as a woman.

The Bonneville County Sheriff's Office responded after a woman said she saw the middle aged male, whom police say identifies as Shauna Patricia Smith, reaching over the dividing wall in the women's changing area and taking pictures of her with a cell phone.

Sheriff’s Office Spokesman Sgt. Bryan Lovell said the woman may not have been wearing underwear while she was photographed.

The woman reportedly confronted Smith about the incident, and he ran out of the store.

“The woman was begging for help as she chased the man out the door. She kept saying she wanted those pictures deleted,” one eyewitness told local media.

Officers reviewed store surveillance footage, then booked Smith in the Bonneville County Jail on a felony count of voyeurism. He is scheduled to appear in court today.

Let's keep those doors open! The feelings of transgender people are far, far more important that the feelings of women being violated, I say.

Something tells me that you've been searching the web for the past month looking for stories like this.

You'd like to think. But nope, showed up in my news feed today, on Facebook, posted by a friend of mine who's in politics and once made a run for Congress in Maine.

It's painful being a prophet. Not that it took a genius to see these incidents would be occurring.

Holy cow, what??? Target is again slashing earnings - again?? Stupidity comes with results. Let the free market reign.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/french...ngs-estimates-citing-challenging-environment/

Ha! Retail giant Target slashes earnings estimates, citing “challenging environment”

Target is learning the hard way that if you alienate a majority of your customers, they’ll find somewhere else to shop.

Since the retail chain decided to let men in the women’s restroom, many moms and dads have simply taken their shopping elsewhere. This was the first time I’ve ever done my back-to-school shopping exclusively at Wal-Mart, and it felt great.

In fact, I’ve cut up my Target card and have only purchased one item since they instituted their new bathroom policy — regrettably, that was because a mother registered there (and only there) for her baby shower.

Billions have been lost, and it could be due to a customer revolt that called for a boycott that has attracted at least one million people.

Target CEO Brian Cornell didn’t appear the least bit concerned, further thumbing his nose at his customers by blowing off the boycott. He told Fortune magazine that only a “handful of stores across the country have seen some activity and have been impacted.”

But today, the retail giant slashed its earnings estimate, citing a “challenging environment.” I’ll say!

Shoppers know that the REAL “challenging environment” is the one they created.

The one in which they ask parents to let their daughters use the bathroom next to grown men… the one in which they ask sexual abuse victims to use the bathroom with grown men.

The market has spoken, and Target is listening...sort of.

Keep it up folks. Speak with your wallets.

Target's Transgender-Friendly Bathroon Policy Is Costing It $20 Million

http://fortune.com/2016/08/17/target-transgender-bathroom-3/

CFO admits some customers were peeved over bathroom policy.
Target TGT -6.43% is spending millions to add private single-stall locking bathrooms at many of its stores as it looks to reverse a drop in shopper traffic, some of which may have been caused by the retailer’s transgender-friendly bathroom policy.

In April, the discounter said on a blog that transgender workers and customers could use the restroom aligned with the gender they identify with, wading into a national controversy and raising the ire of part of its clientele. The move led to a purported boycott of Target by at least one million customers, many of whom argued that Target’s policy would increase sexual assaults.

While many retailers have the same policy, including Macy’s M -0.71% and Barnes & Noble BKS -10.99% , Target planted its flag on the issue in a blog post in which it explained the policy by saying “inclusivity is a core belief at Target.”

Though company executives downplayed the impact of the backlash in May when discussing first-quarter results, and again on Wednesday to go over its second-quarter numbers, which included its first drop in shopper traffic since early 2014, Target is making concessions to customers displeased with the bathroom policy. So Target is spending $20 million to add private bathrooms that can be locked.
“It’s clear that some of our guests like and some dislike our inclusive bathroom policy,” Target chief financial officer Cathy Smith told reporters on a media briefing. The vast majority of Target stores already have the single-stall bathrooms but the retailer will add them to more locations by November, and then again after the holiday season, which it doesn’t want to disrupt with repairs, and be done by March.

The market has spoken, and Target is listening...sort of.

Keep it up folks. Speak with your wallets.

Target's Transgender-Friendly Bathroon Policy Is Costing It $20 Million

http://fortune.com/2016/08/17/target-transgender-bathroom-3/

CFO admits some customers were peeved over bathroom policy.

If you are keeping tabs on which retailers have which bathroom policies and adjusting your shopping accordingly, you have WAY too much time on your hands and worry WAY too much about highly unlikely incidents.

If you are keeping tabs on which retailers have which bathroom policies and adjusting your shopping accordingly, you have WAY too much time on your hands and worry WAY too much about highly unlikely incidents.

So to summarize your argument:

(1) Tim Steelerfan posts specific evidence of "transgendered" (whatever that is supposed to be) using the new toilet rules to gain access to women's bathrooms and fondle females, usually very young girls.
(2) Tim Steelerfan posts specific data that Target has lost market share due to its "transgender" (whatever that is supposed to be) bathroom policy.
(3) Tim Steelerfan posts specific comments from the Target CEO, where he admits to underestimating the adverse response by customers to its "transgender" (whatever the hell that is supposed to mean) bathroom policy.
(4) You accuse Tim Steelerfan of scanning web sites, desperately looking for such news.
(5) Hamster points out that your accusation is demonstrably false since the story appeared on a major news site.
(6) You respond, "Whatever, you have too much time on your hands."

Have I accurately summarized the recent discussion? I believe I have.

And that does not speak well of your analysis.