• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Teacher fired for topless selfie sues school district for $3 million

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2019/...OKO4oyNcUtRZdi9T3fXb07VA-3yw_QIyzx0Odbm1HLBnQ

Teacher fired for topless selfie sues school district for $3 million

April 1, 2019 at 9:59 PM CDT - Updated April 1 at 10:03 PM

BELLPORT, NY (News 12 Long Island/CNN) – A New York state middle school teacher has filed a $3 million lawsuit against her former employer.

She says she was improperly let go because of a topless photo she’d sent privately to someone she was dating.

A student somehow got hold of the photo and began circulating it, but she says that’s not her fault and that she shouldn’t be punished for it.

"That picture was never posted. How it got out is the million-dollar question," said Lauren Miranda, the 25-year-old former Bellport Middle School math teacher.

Actually, it’s a $3 million question. Miranda is now suing the South Country School District for that amount in a gender discrimination lawsuit because she was fired over the selfie last week.

"My career has been ruined. My reputation has been tarnished. I have been stigmatized," she said.

Miranda said she texted the photo to her partner at the time, another teacher in the district, more than two years ago.

She has no idea how a student was able to get a copy and share it.

Her attorney John Ray called what the school did discrimination.

"Any time a man has ever exposed his chest, no one has ever commented or had any problem with it whatsoever,” Ray said. “But when a woman displays her chest, as happened here, she gets fired from her job."

In a statement, South Country’s superintendent said, “The district does not comment on active litigation.”

But some middle school parents are talking.

"It’s a sad state of affairs,” Karen Ann Hawkins said. “It's a shame, really, for the school, for the teacher, for everyone involved."

Miranda said she loved working at Bellport Middle School and through her attorney said she would be willing to drop the lawsuit if she were reinstated. However, she said as of now the superintendent has told her that’s not happening.

“He said, ‘How can I put you in front of a classroom where boys would be able to pull out their phone and look at this image of you?'” she said.

While the lawsuit progresses, Miranda says she is actively looking for other teaching jobs in other districts.

Copyright 2019 News 12 Long Island via CNN. All rights reserved

Lauren-Miranda.jpg

Chick needs to clean her room up some.

Notice how the picture was sent to her partner at the time?

Wonder how it got released?:shocked:

WTF, did a tornado just strike, wrecked her house, broke her mirror, and stripped her clothes off? That is my theory.

WTF, did a tornado just strike, wrecked her house, broke her mirror, and stripped her clothes off? That is my theory.

Or she borders on the white-trash side.

IDK how you sleep at night after posting a f'ed up picture like that. We want the unmolested picture GDit!

Yeah, hit, but she needs to keep her **** organized.

I was laughing at the broken mirror. Good lord, like hamster said, did a ******' tornado go through there?

Looks like maybe a solid B cup. If Supe could find us the original, we could inspect.

y'all some thirsty mufuckers. be patient young padawans. it'll surface soon.

They should have just transferred her to another school.

I don't think it was a Catholic school DBs.

HEY TEACHERS.....leave them **** alone. All in all it was just **** with no bra...

Lmao, I just let out a yelp that has my co-worker looking at me funny.

I mean, I wouldn't throw her out of bed for eating crackers

teacher-1-abc-er-190402_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

her teaching career turned out to be a bit flat.

and clearly she was not dating the school janitor

oh and hit

I hope she wins, just to see those who believe they are morally superior, have to pay through the nose.

I hope she wins, just to see those who believe they are morally superior, have to pay through the nose.

Eh that's a bit of a tough sell in a school. I mean I guess they could have kept her on at the school after that but they would have had school kids asking to see her **** all day and parents having an absolute **** fit all over social media that their kid's teacher was topless online. They would have terrorized the school district until they got rid of her. You have to be real careful if you work in a school.

For instance, I bowl every Thursday with a bunch of guys who are coal miners. They like to drink.....a lot...and drive home every week. Like 8+ beers in 2 hours. They love to bust my balls because I will only drink 3 beers before cutting myself off. They don't understand the fact that if I was to get pulled over and get a DUI I'm ****** professionally. Done. It will be on the news and I will be either fired or suspended without pay until they can get rid of me. The repercussions for things are different when you stand in front of hundreds of kids every day. There is a clause in teacher's contracts that essential states you must conduct yourself in an appropriate manner and not do anything that will put the school or students in a negative light. Getting a DUI or having naked pictures up for students to see would both fall under that. That's life.

Now if she sent those to her boyfriend on a private account and somebody hacked it or something, she be given some leniency. If she posted those on a public account while she was a school teacher, she's a moron.

Last edited: