• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Team needs a number two WR badly.

steelhurt

In Andy I trust....
Reaction score
This football team must get a number two to compliment Pickens and someone must step up as the slot guy and I hope it’s Wilson the rookie.
I think Fields can be successful but he needs weapons badly. These guys Van Jefferson, Cal Austin, Scotty Miller, etc. ain’t gonna get it done.
I’d also roll out Justin more rather than having him drop back in the pocket. More dangerous when he rolls out but the guy has no weapons other than Pickens and wait until they start doubling him.
TE with Freirmuth is ok not great but he’s good enough to get the job done.
Need a number two WR badly!

Hopefully Roman Wilson can fill that role once he is able to play
This is really the answer. If he can raise hell across the middle of the field it will open up the offense.

On the plus for offense, they did start getting the ball to Muth more. It would be nice to see him with 7+ catches a week though.

Bottom 5 group of receivers in the league and it has shown early on. Though this team could have Justin Jefferson and Tyreek Hill out there and we still wouldn't feature a dynamic offense.

Meh we should wait until Wilson is at QB before deciding if we need a 2 or not...

Wilson uses the 2 Wr a ton more than fields does... you have to go back to 2017 to find a team Wilson QBd that didnt have the top 2 wrs 1 and 2 in receptions... and in that 2017 case the Te was 2nd and the wr2 was 3rd...

Fields has never qbd a team where wr 2 was in the top 3 pass catchers... they are always 4th and underutilized

Meh we should wait until Wilson is at QB before deciding if we need a 2 or not...

Wilson uses the 2 Wr a ton more than fields does... you have to go back to 2017 to find a team Wilson QBd that didnt have the top 2 wrs 1 and 2 in receptions... and in that 2017 case the Te was 2nd and the wr2 was 3rd...

Fields has never qbd a team where wr 2 was in the top 3 pass catchers... they are always 4th and underutilized
This team has needed a WR2 since they traded Johnson, it's not even a question. Now what is worth waiting for is if they should even try to trade for one. Outside of Pickens, no veteran on the roster has done anything since 2021 and the odds of them recapturing that are slim, IMO. Austin isn't the answer and you are hoping that Wilson can be that guy. Maybe he could've been with a full camp and preseason, but the it seems unlikely at this point.

Just curious where you're getting this information. While it may or may not be true, Cole Kmet was the Bears' #2 option in their passing game last season behind DJ Moore, and he was targeted as such.

Are the WRs not open or just not being targeted? Jefferson did draw a PI call and Im not sure why they are not trying to get CAIII the ball in some open space. Muth, Warren, Harris, and washington are like free yards in the passing game but we barely use them. If we roll out Fields its easy to spring a RB or TE open. The playcalling is better that what we have seen, but they still seem to abandon what is working which i dont understand.

Roman Wilson must have had one hell of a bad ankle sprain. Feels like it's been two months damn near. I mean he didn't play in the opening preseason and this is week three. And there is two weeks btw last preseason and week 1

Bottom 5 group of receivers in the league and it has shown early on. Though this team could have Justin Jefferson and Tyreek Hill out there and we still wouldn't feature a dynamic offense.
Perhaps true but I think that Hill , whomever would help those chains to keep moving. In a ball control offense with play action passing featured it could help maintain victories and possible move the needle in the playoffs so teams couldn’t just double down on Pickens. As playoff coaches know how to minimize threats a little better with their capable X and O game plans.

I think this team will continue being handcuffed but want to see at least a playoff win. It is time…

That is the most solid argument I’ve heard in favor of Russ by anyone on this board-some good points. Hopefully he can do that with the likes of VJ and CA3 if he ever plays.

Does Russ’ past history devalue the TE and the middle of the field?

That is the most solid argument I’ve heard in favor of Russ by anyone on this board-some good points. Hopefully he can do that with the likes of VJ and CA3 if he ever plays.

Does Russ’ past history devalue the TE and the middle of the field?
It was presented in its most simplistic form upon initial comparison that Wilson had been there done that had SB success. You don’t achieve that without being able to spread the ball around effectively. Stats are great but did a QB guide his team to a SB and what did he do once he was there? Just that in itself gives Wilson the edge over Fields until Wilson shows he isn’t capable. Being shelved due to injury isn’t necessarily showing anything until he plays and it shows or doesn’t…

Roman missed a lot of time. He is a rookie and Tomlin won't put him in unless he all of a sudden looks fantastic in practice. My guess is he won't see much action until the middle of the season and even then, he may not do much. I was actually waiting for him to be put on IR but they must be hoping he can get on the field. He missed 2 games already and IR is only 4 games so hopefully he is active and we see a few snaps for him this week and maybe even a catch.

still believe we should trade for John Metchie. He was an inactive this past game for Houston.

Hopefully Roman Wilson can fill that role once he is able to play

Any word on when that might be?

I realize he is a rookie, so my expectations are in that line. I hope he can step up a few degrees and make things happen enough that the D has to account for him as well.

Salute the nation

Uhuh we have sources.

😅

Coolie repeatedly wishing for that, while in a drunken / dirty diaper situation,........... yeah, you're right..... we have sources......

Salute the nation

This football team must get a number two to compliment Pickens and someone must step up as the slot guy and I hope it’s Wilson the rookie.
I think Fields can be successful but he needs weapons badly. These guys Van Jefferson, Cal Austin, Scotty Miller, etc. ain’t gonna get it done.
I’d also roll out Justin more rather than having him drop back in the pocket. More dangerous when he rolls out but the guy has no weapons other than Pickens and wait until they start doubling him.
TE with Freirmuth is ok not great but he’s good enough to get the job done.
Need a number two WR badly!
AMEN!
Pickens is the man but one guy cannot do everything every week. Imagine what George would look like if he had AB on the other side and Bell in the backfield?? He has top 3 WR upside on the right team.
At this point they should trade a draft pick for DJ to come back. Or scour the CFL there has to be somebody out there?

AMEN!
Pickens is the man but one guy cannot do everything every week. Imagine what George would look like if he had AB on the other side and Bell in the backfield?? He has top 3 WR upside on the right team.
At this point they should trade a draft pick for DJ to come back. Or scour the CFL there has to be somebody out there?
No thanks on DJs return. I would look for another WR somewhere..