• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Academy Awards and Race Relation

deljzc

Reaction score
I want to say this on facebook, but there is way too much ***** pain on that forum for my liking sometimes.

I have long held the belief that what holds back race relations more than anything is the "holding the grudge" mentality of minorities. For a small (25% +/-) percentage of minorities in this country equality is not the goal. They want blood, pain, contrition and shame from whites before they feel "avenged".

Last night at the Academy Awards, a black super hero movie won more academy awards (3) than any super hero movie to date. A black woman was best supporting actress. An Egyptian-American won best actor. A Mexican won best director. A black man won best supporting actor. Spike Lee won his first non-honorary award for screenwriting. A Britain won best actress.

You'd think this was a good night? Nope. Still complaints.

It's just mind boggling.

I tell everyone now. There is a sub-culture of racial justice warriors (democrats all of them) that want nothing to do with equality. They want blood. They want to burn the house down because they are filled with such hate and anger towards the way this country was created (which there is nothing that can be done about - it's history), they would rather destroy it than actually fix it.

I don't know how to deal with those people. And they infest the democratic platform. They infest progress. They infest the very fabric of this country.

Victimization culture is how Democrats keep their constituents in line and voting for them by exploiting racial resentment. It's been proven time and time again that as soon as people break free from victim culture after they realize it's holding them back, their lives become infinitely more enjoyable and productive by their own admission. It's a tool to keep people in compliance. It's downfall is that more and more people are starting to think for themselves.

The rules keep changing. People hunt and nitpick for anything racially or gender related that they can find to be offended about.

Green Book is a movie about a talented, successful black man and a racist backwards yahoo Italian guy but somehow it is still racist against black people (disclaimer, I haven't seen it, this is just from what I've read.)

Victimization culture is how Democrats keep their constituents in line and voting for them by exploiting racial resentment. It's been proven time and time again that as soon as people break free from victim culture after they realize it's holding them back, their lives become infinitely more enjoyable and productive by their own admission. It's a tool to keep people in compliance. It's downfall is that more and more people are starting to think for themselves.

Victimhood culture is taught in academia, it is reinforced by the media, and is used as a tool to gain undeserved concessions. It is irrational , and evil. The Millennial Generation is lost. However, we are seeing more and more minorities waking up, and rejecting this diabolical ideology. Can't happen fast enough.

I tell everyone now. There is a sub-culture of racial justice warriors (democrats all of them) that want nothing to do with equality. They want blood. They want to burn the house down because they are filled with such hate and anger towards the way this country was created (which there is nothing that can be done about - it's history), they would rather destroy it than actually fix it.

Victimhood culture is taught in academia, it is reinforced by the media, and is used as a tool to gain undeserved concessions

It's useful to know the history. A good source of tidbits is Henry Louis Gates' site 'The Root', wherein lies this handy reference. You remember Skip Gates, doncha? The 'beer summit'?

Anyway, Skip put together this site full of the 'good' and bad. Among the 'highlights'...

In the history of the trans-Atlantic slave trade (1525-1866), 12.5 million Africans were shipped to the New World. Of them, 10.7 million survived the dreaded Middle Passage, disembarking in North America, the Caribbean and South America. Only about 388,000 were transported directly from Africa to North America. So roughly 3.6% of slaves that survived the trek wound up directly in the colonies, 6% overall. Yet, at the time of the Civil War our slave population had grown to 4 million. Gates marvels at that. What's really amazing is that 6% grew into over 60% of the slave population in this hemisphere by the Civil War. One could infer that we treated our slaves substantially better than the slaves in the Caribbean and South America. At the time of the Civil War, there were 500,000 free blacks in America, many of whom owned slaves.

Not on Skip's site, but highly relevant is the fact that at the time of the Civil War, about 4% of American households owned slaves - 6.5% in the South, 1.5% in the North. That means that 96% of American households DID NOT own slaves. NO REPUBLICANS owned slaves. In fact abolition was the foundation of the Republican party. Why do blacks vote for democrats? "Education is a weapon the effect of which is determined by the hands which wield it, by who is to be struck down." -- Stalin.... Karl Marx: “Accuse Your Enemy Of What You Are Doing, As You Are Doing It To Create Confusion”. And that is precisely why black America thinks Republicans seek to enslave them and the dims are their only hope of equality. Ironic, ain't it?

None of my people were here before the war, so I have nothing to make reparations for, right? Nor do the descendants of the 96%. Howbout you Kamala? Where do you stand?

Solution: Don't watch the academy awards. Or any awards. Or Hollywood nobodies pretending they matter.

I literally cannot spend a second watching any of those preening ignorami spouting off their "life lessons," in between their affairs, failed marriages, drug use, sexual harassment, and negative attitude towards most of America.

Solution: Don't watch the academy awards. Or any awards. Or Hollywood nobodies pretending they matter.

I literally cannot spend a second watching any of those preening ignorami spouting off their "life lessons," in between their affairs, failed marriages, drug use, sexual harassment, and negative attitude towards most of America.

That anyone takes said preening ignorami seriously tickles me. Especially as they preen in borrowed clothing.

Does not the notion of affirmative action and other such social engineering programs perpetuate racism with their "here you go lesser human, here's your leg up" mentality? When do we do away with these quotas?

While they live in a proverbial bubble that doesn't even remotely resemble what a normal, middle-class tax-paying American's family life is like.

But they know better!

If the enemy took me prisoner, and wanted to torture me, I couldn't think of worse treatment than making me watch those horrid displays of self backslapping and virtue signalling. There are probably a few good eggs in Hollywood, but I despise the whole of that shithole en masse.

There is soon coming a point where the country is going to split along racial lines. People are tribal by nature and I use to think that individualism was the way to go. Now I think it's too late for that.

Victimhood culture is taught in academia, it is reinforced by the media, and is used as a tool to gain undeserved concessions. It is irrational , and evil. The Millennial Generation is lost. However, we are seeing more and more minorities waking up, and rejecting this diabolical ideology. Can't happen fast enough.

Victimhood is also part of the democRAT party's platform. During the State of the Union no democRAT stood up and applauded when Trump spoke of record low unemployment among blacks an Latinos...they don't want to hear that ****. They need victims.

They also need Republicans whether they realize it or not, because they need someone to blame for all those poor victims.

Last edited:
Slavery ended in this country over 150 years ago, no one alive today was ever a slave, or a slave owner, and yet cries for reparations continue.

Less than 75 years ago, Japanese Americans were rounded up and placed in camps, with nothing more than the clothes on their backs. What ever material wealth they had was lost forever, and some are still alive today.
Funny how you don't hear about them asking for a handout. Maybe because they worked their *** off and became productive members of society.

Everything else is bullshit. Call me what you want, it doesn't change the obvious.

Slavery ended in this country over 150 years ago, no one alive today was ever a slave, or a slave owner, and yet cries for reparations continue.

Less than 75 years ago, Japanese Americans were rounded up and placed in camps, with nothing more than the clothes on their backs. What ever material wealth they had was lost forever, and some are still alive today.
Funny how you don't hear about them asking for a handout. Maybe because they worked their *** off and became productive members of society.

Everything else is bullshit. Call me what you want, it doesn't change the obvious.

Blacks who emigrate to America do much better economically than blacks who are born here. Presumably because they are not sold a bill of goods that they can't succeed because of whitey's oppression.

I will never watch any of the movies they are talking about, lol

There is no one alive today who had any involvement with slavery, on either side.

There is no one alive today who had any involvement with slavery, on either side.

th

I have wanted to see Green Book since it's release, only because it looked like a good story and I like movies about music.

I have no interested in ever seeing Black Panther, for the simple fact, I don't and can't get into the comic book movie hoopla. I've seen some of the Christopher Reeves Supermans, some of the Batmans and Spidermans movies here and there and I'm good.

I wanted to see Queen perform and watched it late Sunday when someone posted it. No need to watch any award shows. They had no host, but still managed to get Amy Poehler and Tina Fey up there to throw a jab at the Wall. Typical Leftist lowbrow mentality trying to get a cheap laugh.

Its mostly Spike Lee bitching that Green Book won over his Legit African American film.

Screw all those pretentious mf'ers. Make movies and TV shows for our entertainment and shut the **** up.

Its mostly Spike Lee bitching that Green Book won over his Legit African American film.

Ha, just read that it's because the white perspective of Green Book is what won. Don Shirley's family are the ones peeved that they were not given input on the script, but focused on the white guy, who was racist.