• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Big Question - Do you Want Steelers to Win or Lose Remaining Games?

I’ll be rooting for the Steelers to win every week but also won’t be upset if they lose recognizing the draft position. However, I will get irritated if they play poorly and lose. I just want to see this team make progress.

I disagree here. The last few time the Steelers faces the NFL elite (Chiefs, Bills, Eagles) they got destroyed. I think the Steelers aren’t far from being a bottom playoff seed, but they’re at least two years away from being an AFC favorite where they can actually compete.

We also are extremely young on offense… the Steelers show a lot of characteristics of a worse to first type of team… what they mostly are missing are an offensive line anchor, a shutdown top CB, and a true 1 Wr but pickens could be that… they need to resign a safety since two of our top 3 are ufas and maybe upgrade the second ilb position …. Assuming Cam sutton leaves via UFA, we really just need to get that top end CB and a stud LT or LG… that could be done in tge draft and those guys could be contributing at an acceptable level by the tail end of next year…

we already have a "certain" player coach mentality as a team, add in "TANK-ing" and you have a recipe for no return.

Not winning isn't an easy thing to change, you can't turn it off and then back on at will.

I want wins and more wins and more wins and....................... you guessed it........MORE wins.

We aren't far off from this team being VERY competitive. 2- of first 3 OL(LT&G) TRENCH workers, 4th pick DL We need trench investment, NOT luxury weapons.

Salute the nation

I’m not advocating tanking. I know the Steelers would never do that. I’m just asking what you as a fan would like to see, the Steelers finish with 8 or 9 wins and Matt Canada gets credit and returns, or would you rather they lose most remaining game (aside from the raven of course), get higher picks, and get a competent OC for next year.

Win. We’re not the bengals and we don’t play for draft position!

I don't want Canada or Tomlin to return, but that is not reality. This is year 2 of a pathetic offense and i think Canada will be out regardless. I still want wins it will give the team more confidence moving forward

Tanking is totally different than rooting to lose out.

Tanking is a very specific action of trying to lose… there are lots of things that technically aren’t tanking that non contender teams do that isn’t technically tanking

Playing a young guy to develop him like we are doing with Pickett isn’t tanking despite Trabisky maybe offering slight advantages…

Trading guys who are ufas after the season isn’t necessarily tanking…
Shutting down injured players for the season to get them fully healthy for next year

Tanking teams intentionally strip a team of talent or scheme to lose.

Also fans rooting for a team to lose to increase their chances of winning the next year isn’t really a bad thing… once the playoffs are out of the picture there really is nothing wrong with whatever choices you make

We also are extremely young on offense… the Steelers show a lot of characteristics of a worse to first type of team… what they mostly are missing are an offensive line anchor, a shutdown top CB, and a true 1 Wr but pickens could be that… they need to resign a safety since two of our top 3 are ufas and maybe upgrade the second ilb position …. Assuming Cam sutton leaves via UFA, we really just need to get that top end CB and a stud LT or LG… that could be done in tge draft and those guys could be contributing at an acceptable level by the tail end of next year…
Those are a lot of pieces you just listed.

They need at least two offensive linemen. Cole and Daniels are keepers, the rest are replaceable

The receiving corps isn't very good. Pickens could be a legit No. 1 if he continues to develop, but DJ is underwhelming and they don't have a reliable third option. My guess is the Steelers enter next year hoping Calvin Austin can be that guy.

Defensively is a huge issue. While the offense has the young excuse, this defense got shredded by all those teams. The defense is suppose to be good and couldn't compete against the Chiefs, Bills, or Eagles.

Normally we are thinking playoffs in November and December but not this year so I was leaning toward wanting a high draft choice but I just can’t root for this football team to lose. It’s just not right!
Some things in life you just simply cannot do and this is one of them. Never root against the black n’ gold. Never!

They need at least two offensive linemen. Cole and Daniels are keepers, the rest are replaceable

The receiving corps isn't very good. Pickens could be a legit No. 1 if he continues to develop, but DJ is underwhelming and they don't have a reliable third option. My guess is the Steelers enter next year hoping Calvin Austin can be that guy.

Defensively is a huge issue. While the offense has the young excuse, this defense got shredded by all those teams. The defense is suppose to be good and couldn't compete against the Chiefs, Bills, or Eagles.
Nah they aren’t as bad off at the oline as people think… any one of those guys could be a player on a good line… they just don’t have a stud to scheme around… great lines rarely have more than two really good players… move Moore to LG and get a great LT…

Defense has absolutely nothing to do with talent level… its Austin/Tomlins defensive scheme through and through… that Dline is deep but outside of the starters in extremely young and inexperienced … the starting olbs are great and lets be real here, Reed is a proven top backup… At ilb Jack is good… the other ilb is meh, but you don’t need stars at every position

At safety we are 3 deep in starter quality and one is an all pro… at CB like i said we don’t have a guy to take on the star from the other side, but Sutton is one of tge best ufas in the league this year… he is solid, smart and can play multiple positions… Wallace was one of tge best #3’s in the league and Witherspoon has been hirt and inconsistent, but honestly he isn’t much different Nelson was… inconsistent with a high upside when he is playing well…

The defense really is not the problem

Win, baby!
But if we lose and get a top ten pick, I won't cry too hard..

They probably will draft a WR. I think the must address areas is LT/CB/ and WR. Then they have to figure out what to do with Bush/Sutton/ and Edmunds. Then look at the future at DE and or DT. Some of that can be figured out in free agency.

Nah they aren’t as bad off at the oline as people think… any one of those guys could be a player on a good line… they just don’t have a stud to scheme around… great lines rarely have more than two really good players… move Moore to LG and get a great LT…

Defense has absolutely nothing to do with talent level… its Austin/Tomlins defensive scheme through and through… that Dline is deep but outside of the starters in extremely young and inexperienced … the starting olbs are great and lets be real here, Reed is a proven top backup… At ilb Jack is good… the other ilb is meh, but you don’t need stars at every position

At safety we are 3 deep in starter quality and one is an all pro… at CB like i said we don’t have a guy to take on the star from the other side, but Sutton is one of tge best ufas in the league this year… he is solid, smart and can play multiple positions… Wallace was one of tge best #3’s in the league and Witherspoon has been hirt and inconsistent, but honestly he isn’t much different Nelson was… inconsistent with a high upside when he is playing well…

The defense really is not the problem
I disagree about the offensive line. The interior is okay, but Dotson is so hot and cold I wouldn't mind an upgrade. I think both tackles could be upgraded. Neither has played well the second half of the season.

Talent or not, the defense has sucked against top competition.

I’m not advocating tanking. I know the Steelers would never do that. I’m just asking what you as a fan would like to see, the Steelers finish with 8 or 9 wins and Matt Canada gets credit and returns, or would you rather they lose most remaining game (aside from the raven of course), get higher picks, and get a competent OC for next year.

I see O'Canada's chance of staying as a 50/50 currently. There is no way I want him clinging on.

I also see Austin as big a problem as O'Canada and Austin needs to go as well.

Maybe losing out (not by team choice but by team play/coaching) might get both replaced.

I just can't advocate a willingness to lose. If the Steelers Get beat game in and game out then yes.

Remember there is NO guarantee O'Canada leaves regardless. This "O" has shown some improvement and they definitely lay blame on BEN for the year before.

Salute the nation

Shouldn't criticize wins, even ugly ones, and they always trump the very real possibility of WTF draft picks, because this team has a history of them.

Meh. Every week I will be cheering for wins.

Shouldn't criticize wins, even ugly ones, and they always trump the very real possibility of WTF draft picks, because this team has a history of them.

Thats just it… we really suck at drafting high… the best bet is quantity over quality… so trade down if we get a decent pick…

Shades isn't going anywhere. You need the Rookie Q to have it going for '23. It's a no brainer they will have three of the best 45 or so players in CFB.

It's likely that they will have 3 picks out of the first 45 selections, now whether those 3 will be among the best 45 players available is up for debate.
To me if they are 4 or 5 picks higher in round one and two won't change much in their success of it.

To me if they are 4 or 5 picks higher in round one and two won't change much in their success of it.
True they are going to evaluate well or not. I think they will do ok but hoping they strengthen the biggest weaknesses.

This is pretty messed up. I'm not delusional but the Steelers are only 2 games out of a wildcard and we play Baltimore next week possibly without Lamar. If we'd have beaten the Jets I think we'd be in the last wildcard now 😮