• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Big Question - Do you Want Steelers to Win or Lose Remaining Games?

The team doesn’t write my checks or dictate my actual life in any shape or form. As a fan, I can look ahead and wish for a successful future. Of course I want them to win, but if the season is shot, screw it. Burn it down this season and land KP some help.

Sometimes yinz just gotta **** the bed to land a decent draft spot.

Since we've blown our chances for a top 5 pick, might as well win them all, get destroyed in the first round of the playoffs, and give Tomlin, Canada, Austin, Bush and Moore huge contract extensions.

More wins like yesterday: Pickett and other young players showing growth and gaining confidence while Canaduhs incompetence is still on full display- such as 3 MEASLY POINTS in the 2nd half.

I believe Canaduhs contract is up after this year, the Rooney's have been much more likely to not renew than fire. Pray to God Mr. Rooney has the spine to fire Canada and then not allow promotion from within.

I dont care if they win.. I dont care if they lose. There is nothing to gain now but experience and draft position.

Ill watch kenny. I watch the O line,, The development of Leal. The ineptitude of Bush. See highsmith can take another step forward. Hope for canada and Teryl Austin to get canned. Hope for the ring leader to do the same.. And then ill **** in the other hand.

You laugh, but as bad as the Stains looked against the Texans, and with a questionable Lamar Jackson, it may not be that far fetched. They'll lose by 30 points in the first round, but 10-7 is still in the picture.
That gif made me laugh hard, perfect moment hahaha

I want them to win, and I want Kenny to taste victory so he keeps his positive attitude. I also wish for the 3 stooges to be gone.

Here's my guess:

Rats @ Steelers- W
With no Jackson we should be able to keep it close.

Steelers @ Bakerless Panthers- W
Panthers are just a dumpster fire. Could be a game Tomlin plays down to though.

Faders @ Steelers- L
They always have Tomlin's number at 2-5.

Steelers @ Rats- L
Just don't see us winning both games against them.

Clowns @ Steelers- W
Watson played like crap so lets hope he keeps that up and I hate the Browns. No logical reasons why.

8-9 final record. I started saying 6-11 so these last two weeks probably gave me false hope.

Here's my guess:

Rats @ Steelers- W
With no Jackson we should be able to keep it close.

Steelers @ Bakerless Panthers- W
Panthers are just a dumpster fire. Could be a game Tomlin plays down to though.

Faders @ Steelers- L
They always have Tomlin's number at 2-5.

Steelers @ Rats- L
Just don't see us winning both games against them.

Clowns @ Steelers- W
Watson played like crap so lets hope he keeps that up and I hate the Browns. No logical reasons why.

8-9 final record. I started saying 6-11 so these last two weeks probably gave me false hope.
No playoffs and we screw our draft position. Sounds about right. I'd like to see a top 10 pick, but we'll be in the high teens again.

High teens or low twenties.

fBWje6m.gif

Winning or losing doesn't matter at this point, nor has it really all season. At no point were we ever going to be a factor. It's all about development and assessment. I think it's more important to show some progress at this point than to lose to some of the really bad teams remaining on the schedule and regress. A few draft slots higher just isn't that important IMO.

Our OL has shown considerable progress. We no longer need an entire line. A really good LT fixes most things. Lots of other areas need to be addressed particularly on defense. If we don't fix our front 7 we're going no where. And Canada needs to be gone. I think we all realize Tomlin is not going anywhere, but he at least needs to hire competent assistants.

As much as I love Najee that was a huge mistake. They were hoping he'd fix the running game and give Ben one last run. If we never pick another RB before the 4th round I'd be happy. RBs are luxury picks if you have no other issues. Fix the trenches and everything else will fall into place.

I root for them to win, but the losses sting a little less knowing we need a high draft order to fix several holes. We keep drafting middle of the rounds and we keep being average, and this year, slightly below average.

I like to see if Warren can play with a start.

I like to see Robinson get his feet wet by playing linebacker in the defense.

Pickett needs to prove to me he has an arm. If was our best WR perforce yesterday both Pickens and Johnson flourished...without Pickett.

Please some else start at left guard.

We need to find a new punter.

Lots of work to be done now that we are almost out of the playoffs. It's been six years since we won a playoff game.

I root for them to win, but the losses sting a little less knowing we need a high draft order to fix several holes. We keep drafting middle of the rounds and we keep being average, and this year, slightly below average.
Draft won't mean **** if the FO continues to make bad OC/DC decisions mixed with not being able to competently make in game adjustments... And put the players in the best position to succeed based on their strengths and weaknesses. It is a lot isn't it? Steelers need fresh blood starting from the top down. Perhaps look at San Francisco's D coordinator, or Buffalo's OC.

Really time for this team to go shopping, been time. This team needs a reboot and fresh ideas.

Any opinions change after the ravens debacle?
We could be a one win team and I'd still want to win out. I despise losing not sure there are many who despise it more than me.

I like to see if Warren can play with a start.

I like to see Robinson get his feet wet by playing linebacker in the defense.

Pickett needs to prove to me he has an arm. If was our best WR perforce yesterday both Pickens and Johnson flourished...without Pickett.

Please some else start at left guard.

We need to find a new punter.

Lots of work to be done now that we are almost out of the playoffs. It's been six years since we won a playoff game.
Pickett is showing signs of improvement, no the Steelers won't draft a QB or RB high like you have been pimping.

I was waiting for you to mention punter as I know you want to draft one.

This team needs trenches upgrades and another WR option and better corner play.

They can find a punter in free agency or bring in an undrafted.

You are the model for what not to do as a GM. 😅

Pickett is showing signs of improvement, no the Steelers won't draft a QB or RB high like you have been pimping.

I was waiting for you to mention punter as I know you want to draft one.

This team needs trenches upgrades and another WR option and better corner play.

They can find a punter in free agency or bring in an undrafted.

You are the model for what not to do as a GM. 😅

LOL, If only we did not draft the players we did in the pass 3 drafts. I provided better options. Look in the archives on the day after the draft to learn more. Go on look. I think Pickett isn't the answer, the sooner we figure that out the better. His upside is Andy Dalton! A 7th round pick who started one game is already better than him.

You don't get tried of senseless cheerleading do you?

I laugh in your face :smile1::smile1::smile1: You like some of my ideas though.

LOL, If only we did not draft the players we did in the pass 3 drafts. I provided better options. Look in the archives on the day after the draft to learn more. Go on look. I think Pickett isn't the answer, the sooner we figure that out the better. His upside is Andy Dalton! A 7th round pick who started one game is already better than him.

You don't get tried of senseless cheerleading do you?

I laugh in your face :smile1::smile1::smile1: You like some of my ideas though.
His upside is Dalton... Your upside is idiot.

No you don't provide better anything. You are the worst draftnik in the history of.

Stamping Pickett at this point in his career is moronic at best.

You can laugh in my face, but not sure why having a window licker laughing at me would mean much.

Nothing is funnier BTW than you wanting a RB in 1 and drafting another P.

You are a blind squirrel thinking that a nut you finally find will make you something other than just nutty.