• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Climate Change Thread

Apparently just like heat, rain, drought, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, locusts, malaria, covid...

freezing cold is also caused by global warming. Some scientists say...

Wheel-of-Climate-Change.jpg

Global warming is going to kill us all! We are doomed, DOOMED, I tell 'ya!

View attachment 12071

I mean climate change, not global warming. Because the "greenhouse effect" always causes these incredibly low temperatures. Back in the 1800's, if the rich wanted ice, they simply set up a greenhouse and BOOM! Ice.
Those colors look scary to me.

Snowed about a foot last week and I shoved the driveway out so I could get delivery of fossil fuel to fill up my heating tank.
The carbon churning plow went by and created a 3 foot berm that I also had to clean.
And what happens? The propane truck is late with delivery and won't show up until tomorrow, the snow has all melted and my efforts were all for not.
Damn you, climate change!

My brother lives in Memphis. He woke up to frozen water pipes this morning. That and gun shots.
My daughter lives in Texas and they had rolling blackouts Tuesday night.@
Snowed about a foot last week and I shoved the driveway out so I could get delivery of fossil fuel to fill up my heating tank.
The carbon churning plow went by and created a 3 foot berm that I also had to clean.
And what happens? The propane truck is late with delivery and won't show up until tomorrow, the snow has all melted and my efforts were all for not.
Damn you, climate change!
lol
Just be thankful the fossil fuel delivery machine is not an EV!

I’m going to catch a Ron White show in Gary, IN this weekend. Tomorrow night is going to be -2, before wind chill. And those Lake Michigan winds are brutal.

I’m going to catch a Ron White show in Gary, IN this weekend. Tomorrow night is going to be -2, before wind chill. And those Lake Michigan winds are brutal.
Hey, I’m seeing him when he comes my way next month. Let me know if it was good

I'm one of those who prefers winter over summer. So I've been loving all of this "global warming" this week.

Woke up Monday to 6 inches or so of snow and weather in the teens. By Tuesday it was 12 degrees. Yesterday we got even more snow and have close to a foot on the ground here in MD (outside Washington DC). Last night was in the teens again, today in the 20s.

Have my wood pellet stove working two four seven. My fire, my dogs, the snow - it's all very Norman Rockwell.

And tomorrow I get even MOAR global warming when I fly north to Detroit for work Monday and Tuesday.

Let is snow, let it snow, let...

Happens every year. Cool picture. Global warming caused the alligator to freeze.

I saw Maria Shriver on NBC news. I think she is the ugliest woman on earth.

Happens every year. Cool picture. Global warming caused the alligator to freeze.

I saw Maria Shriver on NBC news. I think she is the ugliest woman on earth.
Does she freeze in winter too?
I know she has big teeth..

News breathlessly reporting that this was the warmest January on record,
Folks in PA are saying great, it cost less to heat my house.

News breathlessly reporting that this was the warmest January on record,
Folks in PA are saying great, it cost less to heat my house.
I'll see your warm January and raise you an expected 2 feet of new snow in the next 48 hours.
Already have 20 inches on the ground now. This climate change is confusing, where do I send my check again?

I'll see your warm January and raise you an expected 2 feet of new snow in the next 48 hours.
Already have 20 inches on the ground now. This climate change is confusing, where do I send my check again?
DIrectly to me. I will put it to good use.

You all in the dessert have far more snow than we do in most of Canada.

If this continues for years, then you get more Plants from all that runoff and we get more plants from less ice.....how is this so terrible?

On the check thing, it's actually simpler these days....just send your account and routing number and we can just debit you monthly! Think of how much paper and energy you will save! We will send you a FREE smiling Greta rainbow tshirt!