• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The official President Donald J. Trump Thread

I don't know about this report...

Trump set to make Mike Huckabee ambassador to Israel and move U.S. embassy to Jerusalem

Huckabee, an ordained Baptist preacher will become the tip of Trump's spear as he seeks to shake up U.S. foreign relations in the Middle East, beginning with relocating America's embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

'That's going to happen,' the transition official said. 'Governor Huckabee is going to see it through.'

Despite congressional approval for the move, American leaders have historically tap-danced around the issue of where in Israel America's diplomatic footprint should fall.

Arab nations near Israel oppose the idea of making Jerusalem a center of power for the Jewish state. Many of them deny Israel's right to exist at all, and most see Jerusalem as a holy city for Muslims.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ial-says-Governor-Huckabee-going-through.html

I don't know about this report...

Trump set to make Mike Huckabee ambassador to Israel and move U.S. embassy to Jerusalem

Huckabee, an ordained Baptist preacher will become the tip of Trump's spear as he seeks to shake up U.S. foreign relations in the Middle East, beginning with relocating America's embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

'That's going to happen,' the transition official said. 'Governor Huckabee is going to see it through.'

Despite congressional approval for the move, American leaders have historically tap-danced around the issue of where in Israel America's diplomatic footprint should fall.

Arab nations near Israel oppose the idea of making Jerusalem a center of power for the Jewish state. Many of them deny Israel's right to exist at all, and most see Jerusalem as a holy city for Muslims.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ial-says-Governor-Huckabee-going-through.html

Wouldn't it make sense to pick a Jew?

wait for it

500x281

hahahaha

RijP2EA_zpscbcnjkzs.jpg

Donald Trump Chooses Mike Pompeo as C.I.A. Director

WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump has selected Representative Mike Pompeo, a hawkish Republican from Kansas and a former Army officer, to lead the Central Intelligence Agency, according to officials close to Mr. Trump’s transition team.

Mr. Pompeo, who has served for three terms in Congress and is a member of the House Intelligence Committee, gained prominence for his role in the congressional investigation into the 2012 attack on the American diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya. He was a sharp critic of Hillary Clinton on the committee.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/us/politics/donald-trump-mike-pompeo-cia.html?_r=0

I've met Pompeo and he seems like a decent enough dude. He was the only incumbent I voted for here in KS because I felt like he hadn't been in Congress long enough to be part of "The Swamp/"

Sessions looks like a lock for confirmation

Sen. Jeff Sessions is looking like a safe bet for Senate confirmation as attorney general — despite the Alabama lawmaker’s controversial past.

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), a potential swing vote on the Senate Judiciary Committee, will support Sessions, a spokesman said Friday. Then moderate Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin (W.Va.) said he would support Sessions as did moderate Republican Susan Collins of Maine, all but clinching his elevation.

If Sessions can clear committee, he’ll likely win a floor vote to become the nation’s top law enforcement official, GOP Senate insiders said. Republicans will likely have 52 votes in the next Congress, and Trump's Cabinet picks can't be filibustered because Democrats unilaterally changed Senate rules three years ago to eliminate the 60-vote threshold for most nominations.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/jeff-sessions-attorney-general-confirmation-231602

---------------------

ha ha, what goes around comes around

Dems changed the rules 3 years ago to make it easier for Obama's picks to pass the Senate with a simple majority!

My Congressman Pompeo was chosen to be the CIA head. Mike is a pretty decent guy.

Best Election Ever!

Romney arrives to Bedminster, greeted by Trump and Pence.

Romney to the President-elect: "Good to see you, sir." -->

161119-mitt-romney-donald-trump-mn-1450_4cfb193b2931f328b7636de003d6b4c1.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg

On the contrary, Bannon was a good pick. Partly responsible for helping Trump win the election, and a man with his finger on the pulse of disenfranchised work to middle-class types that don't have it as good as their parents did...thanks to liberal politics. I also think, and this is only my best guess Trump will listen to Bannon in terms of where and when to use social media, and with whom to speak to live on tv interviews. This is Bannon's forte, and he's very good at this type of stuff.

More on Bannon for your edification.....

Who Is Steve Bannon?

220px-Steve_Bannon_%285104952894%29.jpg

“I’m not a white nationalist, I’m a nationalist. I’m an economic nationalist,” Bannon tells THR media columnist Michael Wolff as the controversial Breitbart News chief turned White House advisor unleashes on Hillary Clinton, Fox News and his critics.

The liberal firewall against Trump was, most of all, the belief that the Republican contender was too disorganized, outlandish, outré and lacking in nuance to run a proper political campaign. That view was only confirmed when Bannon, editor of the outlandish and outré Breitbart News Network, took over the campaign in August. Now Bannon is arguably the most powerful person on the new White House team, embodying more than anyone the liberals’ awful existential pain and fury: How did someone so wrong — not just wrong, but inappropriate, unfit and “loathsome,” according to The New York Times — get it so spot-on right?

… “Like [Andrew] Jackson’s populism, we’re going to build an entirely new political movement,” he says. “It’s everything related to jobs. The conservatives are going to go crazy. I’m the guy pushing a trillion-dollar infrastructure plan. With negative interest rates throughout the world, it’s the greatest opportunity to rebuild everything. Ship yards, iron works, get them all jacked up. We’re just going to throw it up against the wall and see if it sticks. It will be as exciting as the 1930s, greater than the Reagan revolution — conservatives, plus populists, in an economic nationalist movement.”
http://www.unz.com/isteve/who-is-steve-bannon/

Oops... sorry, I didn't see Spike's thread about this guy, Oh well

Last edited:
Trump is preoccupied with Pence's reception at Hamilton and SNL's treatment of him. How can you take this ego-maniacal clown seriously?

We had a ***** for president for 8 years, no more politically correct bullshit anymore ! Call out the bullshit from the left. You just can't stand it but you better get use to it. NO MORE STATUS QUO !

Last edited:
Trump is preoccupied with Pence's reception at Hamilton and SNL's treatment of him. How can you take this ego-maniacal clown seriously?

He mentioned it. So what? He still had 12 meetings today, on a Sunday! And he's not even president yet. 12 meetings on any day would kill Hilldabitch.

He mentioned it. So what? He still had 12 meetings today, on a Sunday! And he's not even president yet. 12 meetings on any day would kill Hilldabitch.

Mentioning something is done privately, Trump essentially released a statement about it. A complaint, no less.

What the cast of Hamilton did was inappropriate. Even though Pence said he wasn't bothered by what happened, it was still inappropriate. Nothing wrong with what Trump did/said. I wish he would tell the precious protesting snowflakes to go pound salt too.

What the cast of Hamilton did was inappropriate. Even though Pence said he wasn't bothered by what happened, it was still inappropriate. Nothing wrong with what Trump did/said. I wish he would tell the precious protesting snowflakes to go pound salt too.

He is going to be POTUS, if he wanted to be treated fairly, he has just royally ****** himself.

It was one thing during the campaign as you could argue it could impact his popularity and chance of being elected, but he's got to get a ******* grip now. He can't be preoccupied with people mocking and making fun of him.

So a midwestern conservative who advocates conversion therapy for homosexuals walks into a lavish Broadway musical...

More Key Appointments Soon

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump says he will soon make more key appointments to his new government and is promising they will be "incredible people."

"We've made a couple deals," Trump told reporters Sunday after meeting with more would-be Cabinet members before returning from his luxury golf resort in New Jersey back to his Trump Tower home and office in New York.

Trump is meeting Monday with two more possible Cabinet picks, former Texas Governor Rick Perry, one of the Republicans Trump defeated for the party's presidential nomination, and Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin.

Perry is under consideration as the country's energy or defense chief, with Fallin a possible interior secretary overseeing the country's vast parklands and forests.

Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway said that not all of the parade of visitors Trump has met with in recent days will wind up working in his administration. But she said, "They are all incredibly important in offering their points of view, their experience and certainly their vision for the country."

Trump tweeted that he is considering naming a 66-year-old retired Marine Corps General James Mattis, whom he characterized as "Mad Dog," to be defense secretary. Trump said he talked with Mattis on Saturday, describing him as "very impressive... a true General's General!"

Romney, who had been one of Trump's harshest Republican critics during early stages of the U.S. political campaign, was one of a parade of officials who met with him Saturday. Others who traveled to Trump's New Jersey golf course for meetings included education activists Michelle Rhee and Betsy DeVos, as well as Mattis

http://www.voanews.com/a/trump-interviews-potential-cabinet-members-/3605515.html

BUILD THAT WALL

Obama ‘opens borders’ in his final weeks by ‘quietly shutting down surveillance scheme'

Homeland Security Shuts Down Aerial Surveillance On Mexican Border

Texas Governor Gregg Abbott - “Obama is doing everything he can to open the border. January 20 can’t come soon enough.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...rveillance-Department-Homeland-Security-Trump

---------------------

while the ignorant fools are twisting their panties about theater tweets, this is happening

So a midwestern conservative who advocates conversion therapy for homosexuals walks into a lavish Broadway musical...

So maybe he is not who you say he is. If he was that homophobic and racist I seriously doubt he would have gone in the first place. Are you trying to pick up the slack for Tibs?