• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The official President Donald J. Trump Thread

So tonight at my, I mean tonight at a restaurant I met a couple of Pence's associates. Good guys. They have America's best interest in mind.

So tonight at my, I mean tonight at a restaurant I met a couple of Pence's associates. Good guys. They have America's best interest in mind.

Pence's guys eat at Arbys?

I think he is off to an amazing start. He is veering the ship and he hasn't been inaugurated yet. What a commanding presence.

Businesses know that he'll work WITH them for mutual success rather than against them with regulations,fees and red tape. Conservatives, capitalists, right wing, whatever you want to call them, are not ashamed of success. Liberals act like it's kryptonite. Living both sides has made me keenly aware of the core differences.

Japan PM in NY for 1st Meeting by Foreign Leader With Trump

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said he believes Donald Trump is a leader in whom he can have great confidence after meeting with the president-elect Thursday.

Abe, who became the first world leader to meet with Trump since his election, was seeking reassurances over the future of U.S.-Japan security and trade relations. He described the meeting as "really, really cordial" but offered few details of their discussion.

"I do believe that without confidence between the two nations (the) alliance would never function in the future and as an outcome of today's discussion I am convinced Mr. Trump is a leader with whom I can have great confidence in," Abe said at a press conference following the meeting.

Cxg0tu8VEAAh04X.jpg

trump_shinzo.jpg

trump_shinzo5.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...ng-foreign-leader-trump-43608562?cid=abcn_tco

Last edited:
Gen. Michael Flynn - National Security Advisor

Senior official: Trump has offered retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn job as national security adviser.

https://twitter.com/AP/statuses/799406366674841600
Hmm. Susan Rice or Lt. General Michael Flynn. Which one is more qualified? I wonder if Flynn would have gone on national TV and floated some ridiculous bullshit about a Youtube video causing the Benghazi attack? The contrast in quality and intellect between Obama's cabinet and Trump's is going to be hilarious.

But.....but.....I thought his transition team and his choices were in disarray and falling apart???

I told you this is why Trump would pick up a higher percentage of the black and Hispanic vote than previous Republicans.

But.....but.....I thought his transition team and his choices were in disarray and falling apart???

Watch Lib heads gonna go all explodey over the Sessions pick for Attorney general!

Pence's guys eat at Arbys?

Yeah, a couple beef and cheddars, curly fries and a jamocha shake. I wonder why that makes my head hurt like hell this morning.

Actually, we did a fund raiser for him. I'm hoping he'll bring Trump in someday. They said Trump and Pence are going on a thank you tour in the states that they won. Our former Gov Mitch Daniels comes in every Friday.

Last edited:
Donald Trump Chooses Mike Pompeo as C.I.A. Director

WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump has selected Representative Mike Pompeo, a hawkish Republican from Kansas and a former Army officer, to lead the Central Intelligence Agency, according to officials close to Mr. Trump’s transition team.

Mr. Pompeo, who has served for three terms in Congress and is a member of the House Intelligence Committee, gained prominence for his role in the congressional investigation into the 2012 attack on the American diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya. He was a sharp critic of Hillary Clinton on the committee.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/us/politics/donald-trump-mike-pompeo-cia.html?_r=0

Sessions wouldnt be my first second or third pick in that spot... I know christie is going down with the bridgegate scandel.... But there were other less tainted guys to go with.... In the end guys like Carson, Gingrich, and Guliani not making the cut anywhere in the admin over establishment cronies and flukey guys like bannon is a less than steller start... I think in the end this group if it stsys as is, really does stoke the flames of those who had concerns about his agenda...

They ran into a road block with Giuliani and his companies ties to foreign governments - especially in the middle east. Prior to that coming to light, he was a shoe in for something but now the talking heads say he would have a hard time getting confirmed. But, Trump could still pick him for SOS and take his chances with confirmation.

Libs are going to go nuts with all these old white guys in his cabinet. Will be funny.

Libs are going to go nuts with all these old white guys in his cabinet. Will be funny.

It doesn't matter what they think, Sessions and Pompeo will fly through confirmation. Flynn doesn't need any confirmation by the Senate, he's in too.

Here's what's funny

FLASHBACK: CitiGroup Chose Obama's Cabinet

The Biggest Bombshell from Podesta’s Emails: Citigroup Chose Obama’s 2008 Cabinet

https://www.reddit.com/r/DNCleaks/comments/57t8ee/the_biggest_bombshell_from_podestas_emails/

Sessions wouldnt be my first second or third pick in that spot... this group if it stsys as is, really does stoke the flames of those who had concerns about his agenda...

You got a problem with Jefferson Beauregard Sessions? hahahahaha

Unbelievably great pick after suffering through Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch at AG!

Roll Tide!

You got a problem with Jefferson Beauregard Sessions? hahahahaha

Unbelievably great pick after suffering through Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch at AG!

Roll Tide!

Sessions baggage from back in the day is enough that repubs may break rank... I mean he failed conformation before... its plauseable nothing has changed.....

Sessions baggage from back in the day is enough that repubs may break rank... I mean he failed conformation before... its plauseable nothing has changed.....

Republicans blocking him? never happen

As a current member of the Senate, it's unlikely that Sessions' Republican colleagues will try to block his confirmation. Indeed, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley said he was "confident" Sessions would make it out of his committee.

"Senator Sessions is a respected member and former Ranking Member of the Judiciary Committee who has worked across the aisle on major legislation. He knows the Justice Department as a former U.S. attorney, which would serve him very well in this position," he said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...sen-jeff-sessions-be-attorney-general-n685796

Republicans blocking him? never happen

As a current member of the Senate, it's unlikely that Sessions' Republican colleagues will try to block his confirmation. Indeed, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley said he was "confident" Sessions would make it out of his committee.

"Senator Sessions is a respected member and former Ranking Member of the Judiciary Committee who has worked across the aisle on major legislation. He knows the Justice Department as a former U.S. attorney, which would serve him very well in this position," he said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...sen-jeff-sessions-be-attorney-general-n685796

I guess we will see... The dems will try to make one person a casualty to appease their voters... Of the confirmation required ones he seems most likely... It only takes a few repubs to swing...

I guess we will see... The dems will try to make one person a casualty to appease their voters... Of the confirmation required ones he seems most likely... It only takes a few repubs to swing...

I'm sure there will be a couple. Out of 1000, but not these

How many people require Senate approval?

About 1,000, from Cabinet secretaries to heads of commissions to U.S. attorneys.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2001/01/senate_confirmation_faq.html

Stoltenberg has 'good talk' with Trump on NATO future

NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg said Friday he had had a positive talk with US President-elect Donald Trump on the future of the US-led alliance, amid concerns in Europe about Washington's commitment.

"Good talk with US President-elect realDonaldTrump. We both underlined the enduring importance of NATO and increased defence spending," Stoltenberg tweeted.

Stoltenberg thanked Trump for "raising the issue of defence spending during the campaign, which has been a top priority for the secretary general since his appointment in 2014".

"The two leaders agreed that progress has been made on fairer burden-sharing but that there is more to do," it added.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3950368/Stoltenberg-good-talk-Trump-NATO-future.html

-------------------------

What? It isn’t the end of NATO as we knew it?

LOL

Turn off corrupt CNN

Sessions wouldnt be my first second or third pick in that spot... I know christie is going down with the bridgegate scandel.... But there were other less tainted guys to go with.... In the end guys like Carson, Gingrich, and Guliani not making the cut anywhere in the admin over establishment cronies and flukey guys like bannon is a less than steller start... I think in the end this group if it stsys as is, really does stoke the flames of those who had concerns about his agenda...

On the contrary, Bannon was a good pick. Partly responsible for helping Trump win the election, and a man with his finger on the pulse of disenfranchised work to middle-class types that don't have it as good as their parents did...thanks to liberal politics. I also think, and this is only my best guess Trump will listen to Bannon in terms of where and when to use social media, and with whom to speak to live on tv interviews. This is Bannon's forte, and he's very good at this type of stuff.

Sessions are not the best pick, but he might be the most willing to act on illegal immigration, and deporting the ones who commit crimes.

I hear Romney might have a shot at Secretary of State if selected this will prove Trump can be pragmatic. Forget what they said, Clinton and Omaha went at each other during their race to secure the nomination too.