• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The official President Donald J. Trump Thread

Ted Cruz‏ @tedcruz

Gen. Mattis is an exceptional selection who will restore the warrior ethos to our military:
Mattis as secretary of defense is good for the U.S

Ted has been doing some good work lately - ripping the **** of out the Dems!

You can read all of Trump's tweets, without the clutter, here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

the latest

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
.@CNN is in a total meltdown with their FAKE NEWS because their ratings are tanking since election and their credibility will soon be gone!

Thank you to Linda Bean of L.L.Bean for your great support and courage. People will support you even more now. Buy L.L.Bean. @LBPerfectMaine

James Clapper called me yesterday to denounce the false and fictitious report that was illegally circulated. Made up, phony facts.Too bad!

ha ha

HEEL!

Lindsey Graham "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN"

HEEL!

Bernie Sanders: I see areas where I can work with Trump

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders extended an olive branch Thursday to President-elect Donald Trump, offering to work with the incoming Republican administration on infrastructure and trade policy.

“I don’t think it makes sense to say, ‘No, we’re not gonna work in any way in any form with the Trump administration,’” Sanders told MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “Trump has talked appropriately about a collapsing infrastructure: our roads, bridges and water systems. If he is prepared to work with us on rebuilding America’s crumbling infrastructure and creating millions of jobs and doing it in a way that doesn’t privatize our infrastructure or give tax breaks to billionaires, yes, let’s work together.”

Sanders credited the president-elect for talking about what he referred to as America’s “failed trade policy” on the campaign trail, particularly NAFTA and trade relations with China.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...h-trump-233532

------------------------

good dog

Rand Paul: Anyone Who Leaked Trump Intel Report to the Press Should Be Jailed

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) told host Neil Cavuto it was his view that if it were a U.S. intelligence agency that leaked an unsubstantiated dossier on President-elect Donald Trump and his relationship with Russia to the press, there should be repercussions, including prosecution and possible jail time.

“What I would say is that if there is private information that someone is blackmailing a public figure and the public figure or someone takes it to the intelligence agencies, you would think it would be private. And really, this is so important that I think whoever leaked it should be prosecuted. Someone should go to jail if this was an intelligence agency head talked to the media, they should go to jail. If it was the Obama administration, they should go to jail.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/01/11/rand-paul-anyone-leaked-trump-intel-report-press-jailed/

Pence to be sworn in by Justice Thomas

Vice president-elect Mike Pence will be sworn into office Jan. 20 by U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, Reuters reported Thursday.

Thomas, a conservative legal icon, was included in the official program for Trump’s inauguration as shared online by the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies.

Trump will be sworn in by the Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts. Traditionally, the chief justice swears in the president, and an incoming vice president picks someone else to administer his oath of office.

Thomas, 68, is the second black justice to serve on the Supreme Court and is one of its most conservative members.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ill-be-sworn-in-by-sc-justice-clarence-thomas

-----------------------
But will the MSM cover it?

Coming soon but not soon enough...

HwA9S7x.jpg

Dina Powell,executive counselor on economic initiatives

ce595818527bbdf17026f2d964444833.jpg

NEW YORK — President-elect Donald Trump on Thursday named Dina Powell, a Goldman Sachs executive who served in the George W. Bush administration, to a senior White House role, making Powell the latest alum of the prestigious bank to join Trump's team.

Powell has been advising Trump's daughter, Ivanka, but in her new position she will be an assistant to Trump and senior counselor for economic initiatives. She will focus on “entrepreneurship, small business growth and the global economic empowerment of women,” according to a statement from Trump's office.

“I am proud to have her serve as a senior counselor in my administration, where I know she will produce great results working with the highly respected team of experts we have assembled,” Trump said.

Powell is president of the Goldman Sachs Foundation, where she oversees some of the bank's largest philanthropic initiatives, including the “10,000 Women” program, which helps female entrepreneurs around the world. After three years at the bank, Powell was named a Goldman Sachs partner, one of the most highly-sought titles on Wall Street.

“We will miss her at Goldman Sachs but know the country will benefit greatly from her deep commitment to creating opportunity and economic growth in communities throughout the United States,” Lloyd C. Blankfein, the bank’s chief executive, said in a statement.

Before joining Goldman Sachs in 2007, Powell, who was born in Egypt, was one of the highest-ranking Arab Americans in the George W. Bush administration. She served as assistant secretary of state for educational and cultural affairs and deputy to then-Undersecretary of State Karen P. Hughes. She was also the youngest person ever to direct the White House's personnel office.

“The Trump administration has a unique opportunity to unleash the untapped potential of small business owners and female entrepreneurs, and by working together with the public and private sectors we can ensure they continue to be a critical part of growing the economy and creating jobs,” Powell said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-economic-initiatives/?utm_term=.4d6494ce01ec

Dina Powell,executive counselor on economic initiatives

ce595818527bbdf17026f2d964444833.jpg

NEW YORK — President-elect Donald Trump on Thursday named Dina Powell, a Goldman Sachs executive who served in the George W. Bush administration, to a senior White House role, making Powell the latest alum of the prestigious bank to join Trump's team.

Powell has been advising Trump's daughter, Ivanka, but in her new position she will be an assistant to Trump and senior counselor for economic initiatives. She will focus on “entrepreneurship, small business growth and the global economic empowerment of women,” according to a statement from Trump's office.

“I am proud to have her serve as a senior counselor in my administration, where I know she will produce great results working with the highly respected team of experts we have assembled,” Trump said.

Powell is president of the Goldman Sachs Foundation, where she oversees some of the bank's largest philanthropic initiatives, including the “10,000 Women” program, which helps female entrepreneurs around the world. After three years at the bank, Powell was named a Goldman Sachs partner, one of the most highly-sought titles on Wall Street.

“We will miss her at Goldman Sachs but know the country will benefit greatly from her deep commitment to creating opportunity and economic growth in communities throughout the United States,” Lloyd C. Blankfein, the bank’s chief executive, said in a statement.

Before joining Goldman Sachs in 2007, Powell, who was born in Egypt, was one of the highest-ranking Arab Americans in the George W. Bush administration. She served as assistant secretary of state for educational and cultural affairs and deputy to then-Undersecretary of State Karen P. Hughes. She was also the youngest person ever to direct the White House's personnel office.

“The Trump administration has a unique opportunity to unleash the untapped potential of small business owners and female entrepreneurs, and by working together with the public and private sectors we can ensure they continue to be a critical part of growing the economy and creating jobs,” Powell said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-economic-initiatives/?utm_term=.4d6494ce01ec

Hit

WINNING!

This sow won't be coming around the White House

3C14413C00000578-4114004-Out_and_about_Chelsea_Clinton_was_spotted_out_in_New_York_City_o-m-14_1484240392710.jpg

uh-oh

"My confidence has been shook": Dems furious after meeting with James Comey - but they can't say why

House Democrats walked out of a classified briefing sputtering with anger over FBI Director James Comey’s response to claims of Russian election hacking.

Several of the lawmakers who took part in Friday’s meeting said they’d lost confidence in Comey and had become convinced he’s unfit to lead the agency, reported The Hill.

“I was non-judgmental until the last 15 minutes,” said Rep. Tim Walz (D-MN). “I no longer have that confidence in him. Some of the things that were revealed in this classified briefing — my confidence has been shook.”

Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) said he was “extremely concerned” about what had been revealed, which was confidential.

Rep. Mark Takano (D-CA) was so shaken by what he’d learned that he could barely complete a sentence. “I’ll just — I’m very angry,” Takano said.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/my-...eting-with-james-comey-but-they-cant-say-why/

--------------------------------

LOCK HER UP!

uh-oh

"My confidence has been shook": Dems furious after meeting with James Comey - but they can't say why

House Democrats walked out of a classified briefing sputtering with anger over FBI Director James Comey’s response to claims of Russian election hacking.

Several of the lawmakers who took part in Friday’s meeting said they’d lost confidence in Comey and had become convinced he’s unfit to lead the agency, reported The Hill.

“I was non-judgmental until the last 15 minutes,” said Rep. Tim Walz (D-MN). “I no longer have that confidence in him. Some of the things that were revealed in this classified briefing — my confidence has been shook.”

Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) said he was “extremely concerned” about what had been revealed, which was confidential.

Rep. Mark Takano (D-CA) was so shaken by what he’d learned that he could barely complete a sentence. “I’ll just — I’m very angry,” Takano said.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/my-...eting-with-james-comey-but-they-cant-say-why/

Not sure why these politicians are so peeved. Is it because the information Comey shared is so compelling, or the opposite? Is it because Comey is completely on top of the hacking issue, or the opposite? Is it because the e-mail issue is supported by considerable evidence of illegal behavior by the Hilldog, or the opposite?

Impossible to get a fix on what is going on, based on the information in that article.