• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Official Thread Dedicated to "Biden Destroying Us"

If they go to school and get a legit CDL, I don't have a problem with it. A large pool of young workers between 18 and 21 are being left out.
When I decided on a different career I narrowed it down to funeral director or truck driver. Decided on funeral director which turned out to be a good thing because about the time I finished school I was diagnosed with The Beetus which makes it very difficult to get a CDL.
Also DBS along with one other friend who is a truck driver told me I wouldn't like it.

I don't trust Ogres driving trucks. I certainly don't trust an 18 year old driving a massive rig for long hauls :)

Wait, wait, wait, wait ...

You consider Ogre a FRIEND?!?
Actually yes, Mrs. B and I have met him for dinner a few times when we were in Florida.

I don't trust Ogres driving trucks. I certainly don't trust an 18 year old driving a massive rig for long hauls :)
Some 18 year olds are wired differently than others. The faster they get a paying job and into a productive life the better. Seasoned truckers do dumb things too but most accidents are caused by moronic car drivers. Just my opinion which is worth about .00 cents.

Some 18 year olds are wired differently than others. The faster they get a paying job and into a productive life the better. Seasoned truckers do dumb things too but most accidents are caused by moronic car drivers. Just my opinion which is worth about .00 cents.

I think some could do the job just fine. I don't think most can.

To me this is like getting a pilots license. No matter how good you may be behind in pilot school, nothing replaces those tens of thousands of hours logged flying.

Same with driving to degrees. You need to hit black ice, to have a collision, to do a 360, to have a tire blow, etc.

On any given day, I'd rather be in a dangerous situation with a 40+ year old truck driver than an 18 year old truck driver simply due to the experience behind the wheel.

I think some could do the job just fine. I don't think most can.

To me this is like getting a pilots license. No matter how good you may be behind in pilot school, nothing replaces those tens of thousands of hours logged flying.

Same with driving to degrees. You need to hit black ice, to have a collision, to do a 360, to have a tire blow, etc.

On any given day, I'd rather be in a dangerous situation with a 40+ year old truck driver than an 18 year old truck driver simply due to the experience behind the wheel.
Freedom is a two way street....I think that is one of the problems with our society. Our youth are told they can't do this or that until they are of whatever age and then we wonder why they sit around with nothing to do. What age should someone get behind the wheel? Is the 25 year old new trucker going to handle that ice better in their rig than the 18 year old new trucker?

Freedom is a two way street....I think that is one of the problems with our society. Our youth are told they can't do this or that until they are of whatever age and then we wonder why they sit around with nothing to do. What age should someone get behind the wheel? Is the 25 year old new trucker going to handle that ice better in their rig than the 18 year old new trucker?

I just think experience matters. Not trying to deny 18 year olds job opportunities. I'm focused on the bigger picture. The Gubmint is pushing drivers out of jobs. Their plan is to fix it by deploying not a few but tons of 18 year olds. Just think that's a bad overall strategy.

Everyone starts somewhere. At some point every brain surgeon operated on their first brain too.

Reactions: JMM
Damn, Vlad dropping some truth. They are laughing at us.

Vladimir Putin speaks out… Woke culture is destroying the West​

“We see with bemusement the paralysis unfolding in countries that have grown accustomed to viewing themselves as the flagships of progress,” Putin said during an event where he spoke for a few hours. “Of course, it’s none of our business or what is happening, the social and cultural shocks that are happening in some countries in the Western countries, some believe that aggressive blotting out of whole pages of your own history, the affirmative action in the interest of minorities, and the requirement to renounce the traditional interpretation of such basic values as mother, father, family, and the distinction between sexes are a milestone … a renewal of society.”

“The preparedness of the so called social progress believe that the bringing a new conscience, a new consciousness to humanity, something that is more correct,” Putin said. “But there is one thing I would like to say: The recipes they come up with are nothing new. Paradoxical as it may seem, but this is something we saw in Russia. It happened in our country before after the 1917 revolution, the Bolsheviks followed the dogmas of Marx and Engels. And they also declared that they would go into change the traditional lifestyle, the political, the economic lifestyle, as well as the very notion of morality, the basic principles for a healthy society. They were trying to destroy age and century long values, revisiting the relationship between the people, they were encouraging informing on one’s own beloved, and families. It was hailed as the march of progress. And it was very popular across the world and it was supported by many, as we see, it is happening right now.”

“Incidentally, the Marxists were absolutely intolerant of other opinions, different from their own,”
Putin continued. “I think this should remind you of something that is happening. And we see what is happening in the Western countries, it is with puzzlement that we see the practices Russia used to have and that we left behind in distant path, the fight for equality and against discrimination turns into an aggressive dogmatism on the brink of absurdity, when great authors of the past such as Shakespeare are no longer taught in schools and universities because they announced as backward classics that did not understand the importance of gender or race.”

“In Hollywood there are leaflets reminding what you should do in the cinema, in the films, how many personalities and actors you’ve got, what kind of color, what sex, and sometimes it’s even even tighter and stricter than what the Department of Propaganda of the Soviet Communist Party Central Committee did,” he said. “And the fight against racism, which is a lofty goal, turns into a new culture, cancel culture, and into reverse discrimination, racism on the obverse. And it brings people apart, whereas the true fighters for civic rights, they were trying to eliminate those differences. I asked my colleagues to find this quote from Martin Luther King, and he said, ‘I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.’ That is a true value.”

“You know, the Marxists were speaking about nationalizing not just the property, but also women. The proponents of new approaches go so far as they want to eliminate the whole notions of men and women, and those who dare say that men and women exist and this is a biological fact, they are all but banished. Parent number one, parent number two, or the parent that has given birth, or instead of breast milk, you say human milk. And you say all of that, so the people who are not sure of their sexual agenda are not unhappy.”

“And I would like to say that this is not something new, and the 20s and the 1920s, the Soviet couture Tagore came up with the so called ‘Newspeak’, and they thought that thereby they were building a new consciousness and coming up with new values, and they went so far that we feel the consequences up until now,” he concluded on the matter. “There are some monstrous things when from a very young age, you teach to children that the boy can easily become a girl and you impose on them this selection, this choice. You push the parents aside and make the child take this decisions that can destroy their lives. And if we call the spade a spade, this is nigh to crime against humanity and all of that under the banner of progress, while some people just want to do that.”

“We see with bemusement the paralysis unfolding in countries that have grown accustomed to viewing themselves as the flagships of progress,” Putin said during an event where he spoke for a few hours. “Of course, it’s none of our business or what is happening, the social and cultural shocks that are happening in some countries in the Western countries, some believe that aggressive blotting out of whole pages of your own history, the affirmative action in the interest of minorities, and the requirement to renounce the traditional interpretation of such basic values as mother, father, family, and the distinction between sexes are a milestone … a renewal of society.”

“The preparedness of the so called social progress believe that the bringing a new conscience, a new consciousness to humanity, something that is more correct,” Putin said. “But there is one thing I would like to say: The recipes they come up with are nothing new. Paradoxical as it may seem, but this is something we saw in Russia. It happened in our country before after the 1917 revolution, the Bolsheviks followed the dogmas of Marx and Engels. And they also declared that they would go into change the traditional lifestyle, the political, the economic lifestyle, as well as the very notion of morality, the basic principles for a healthy society. They were trying to destroy age and century long values, revisiting the relationship between the people, they were encouraging informing on one’s own beloved, and families. It was hailed as the march of progress. And it was very popular across the world and it was supported by many, as we see, it is happening right now.”

“Incidentally, the Marxists were absolutely intolerant of other opinions, different from their own,”
Putin continued. “I think this should remind you of something that is happening. And we see what is happening in the Western countries, it is with puzzlement that we see the practices Russia used to have and that we left behind in distant path, the fight for equality and against discrimination turns into an aggressive dogmatism on the brink of absurdity, when great authors of the past such as Shakespeare are no longer taught in schools and universities because they announced as backward classics that did not understand the importance of gender or race.”

“In Hollywood there are leaflets reminding what you should do in the cinema, in the films, how many personalities and actors you’ve got, what kind of color, what sex, and sometimes it’s even even tighter and stricter than what the Department of Propaganda of the Soviet Communist Party Central Committee did,” he said. “And the fight against racism, which is a lofty goal, turns into a new culture, cancel culture, and into reverse discrimination, racism on the obverse. And it brings people apart, whereas the true fighters for civic rights, they were trying to eliminate those differences. I asked my colleagues to find this quote from Martin Luther King, and he said, ‘I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.’ That is a true value.”

“You know, the Marxists were speaking about nationalizing not just the property, but also women. The proponents of new approaches go so far as they want to eliminate the whole notions of men and women, and those who dare say that men and women exist and this is a biological fact, they are all but banished. Parent number one, parent number two, or the parent that has given birth, or instead of breast milk, you say human milk. And you say all of that, so the people who are not sure of their sexual agenda are not unhappy.”

“And I would like to say that this is not something new, and the 20s and the 1920s, the Soviet couture Tagore came up with the so called ‘Newspeak’, and they thought that thereby they were building a new consciousness and coming up with new values, and they went so far that we feel the consequences up until now,” he concluded on the matter. “There are some monstrous things when from a very young age, you teach to children that the boy can easily become a girl and you impose on them this selection, this choice. You push the parents aside and make the child take this decisions that can destroy their lives. And if we call the spade a spade, this is nigh to crime against humanity and all of that under the banner of progress, while some people just want to do that.”
The bizarro world eh?

“There are some monstrous things when from a very young age, you teach to children that the boy can easily become a girl and you impose on them this selection, this choice. You push the parents aside and make the child take this decisions that can destroy their lives. And if we call the spade a spade, this is nigh to crime against humanity and all of that under the banner of progress, while some people just want to do that.”
Actually it's worse than that. I think some parents want "trophy kid" and push their children into being ****** up so they can say they have a trans kid.

Remember too, that Vlad Putin is about winning. Biden and the Dems are most certainly about not winning.

I just think experience matters. Not trying to deny 18 year olds job opportunities. I'm focused on the bigger picture. The Gubmint is pushing drivers out of jobs. Their plan is to fix it by deploying not a few but tons of 18 year olds. Just think that's a bad overall strategy.
I hear what you are saying and the gubmint shouldn't be pushing citizens into or out of job sectors. That is not even close to the original intension of our forefathers. I'm not saying take some kid who has no experience, put a hat on him and say take this truck full of hot pants from San Diego to NYC, but what I am saying is that if you have a young adult who has experience driving large vehicles on a farm or even on the road and he passes the tests necessary to get his or her license then it shouldn't be up to that same gubmint to deny their right.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one and that's perfectly fine. Good discussion.

Actually it's worse than that. I think some parents want "trophy kid" and push their children into being ****** up so they can say they have a trans kid.
Geez I had never thought about that but you are probably right. We are just living in a truly fd up times.

I hear what you are saying and the gubmint shouldn't be pushing citizens into or out of job sectors. That is not even close to the original intension of our forefathers. I'm not saying take some kid who has no experience, put a hat on him and say take this truck full of hot pants from San Diego to NYC, but what I am saying is that if you have a young adult who has experience driving large vehicles on a farm or even on the road and he passes the tests necessary to get his or her license then it shouldn't be up to that same gubmint to deny their right.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one and that's perfectly fine. Good discussion.

I don't think we are disagreeing :)

No issue with taking kids like you mention and suiting them up. I grew up driving on a farm well before I was 16. Some people are capable. Most are not.

From the article, this summarizes my position:

Still, the idea of having teenagers, by far the most dangerous drivers, responsible for driving tractor-trailers across the country has generated resistance.

“Younger drivers are going to crash more frequently. It’s not like this is rocket science — anybody that has ever tried to insure a teenage driver on an automobile knows what you deal with,” said Todd Spencer, president of the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association. “While not every teenager is the same, statistically, they’re going to be much more likely to have a crash.”

The current law is you have to be 21.

I'm for trying it. I just think it's risky. I'm also though for reducing the drinking age to 18. Kids can carry an M16 and go kill enemies. So, let them get trained to drive a truck. Just saying, history shows, if we do go this route, expect more collisions/deaths.

I posted this the other day in some thread. It proves we're not losing our minds in seeing what we see. The entire world is seeing it.

They're pushing the envelope as far as they can. They'll get as many of their people rooted into the federal government as possible. They're making great advances into the military.

Then you'll get a bunch of treasonous undermining shitbags working 24/7 to obstruct. They're going to be completely screwed this election cycle. No amount of cheating will save them from pissed off Americans on all sides.

I posted this the other day in some thread.

I had no idea sorry. Spike would have lost his damned mind, pointed out the post he made, and told me to shape up.

You're a gentleman and a scholar.

I had no idea sorry. Spike would have lost his damned mind, pointed out the post he made, and told me to shape up.

You're a gentleman and a scholar.

Oh I could care less about that credit stuff..lol. I just stick the links in when I read something that is somewhat worth sharing.

You guys go the extra mile quoting the important parts of the article.

Been going on for decades. I'm 61 and was told about the government experimenting on Beagles and removing their vocal chords when I was in high school.

Yeah, I'm well aware of it. They also use dead babies in labs.

I posted this the other day in some thread. It proves we're not losing our minds in seeing what we see. The entire world is seeing it.

They're pushing the envelope as far as they can. They'll get as many of their people rooted into the federal government as possible. They're making great advances into the military.

Then you'll get a bunch of treasonous undermining shitbags working 24/7 to obstruct. They're going to be completely screwed this election cycle. No amount of cheating will save them from pissed off Americans on all sides.
(STILL) Governor Gavin Newsome smiles inwardly at your comment.

(STILL) Governor Gavin Newsome smiles inwardly at your comment.

True. Isn't that some ****. Mail in voting on a scale like that.

I'm trying to keep some hope it turns around, but I'm pretty much thinking the American idea is done. We will all have to get extremely uncomfortable for people to do what needs to be done.

How long that takes I don't know.