• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Official Thread Dedicated to "Biden Destroying Us"

I’ve been paying for other peoples **** for so long what’s the difference at this point. The only folks that ain’t paying is these fat ***** in govt.

Yo sleepy, build a bigger fence on my dime.

SO, YOU'RE OKAY WITH THIS CRAP?! This is an open invitation to Trog, 21, and anyone else that endorses this. I dare you to defend it.
Here is a bit of what the so-called INFLATION REDUCTION ACT has tucked away within the WORDS WORDS WORDS!!
- $6.5 Billion Natural Gas Tax Which Will Increase Household Energy Bills
- $12 Billion Crude Oil Tax Which Will Increase Household Costs
- $1.2 Billion Coal Tax Which Will Increase Household Energy Bills
- Corporate Income Tax Hike on U.S. Businesses Which Will Be Passed on to Households
- $124 Billion Stock Tax Which Will Hit Your Nest Egg — 401(k)s, IRAs and Pension Plans
- 95% Federal Excise Tax on American Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- $52 Billion Income Tax Hike on Mid-Sized & Family Businesses
- Supersizing the IRS to Increase Audits – $124 Billion
KEEP IN MIND THAT VIRTUALLY EVERY SINGLE PENNY of this bill will ultimately be coming out of the consumer's pockets.
Remember this as you go to the polls this November.

SO, YOU'RE OKAY WITH THIS CRAP?! This is an open invitation to Trog, 21, and anyone else that endorses this. I dare you to defend it.
Here is a bit of what the so-called INFLATION REDUCTION ACT has tucked away within the WORDS WORDS WORDS!!
- $6.5 Billion Natural Gas Tax Which Will Increase Household Energy Bills
- $12 Billion Crude Oil Tax Which Will Increase Household Costs
- $1.2 Billion Coal Tax Which Will Increase Household Energy Bills
- Corporate Income Tax Hike on U.S. Businesses Which Will Be Passed on to Households
- $124 Billion Stock Tax Which Will Hit Your Nest Egg — 401(k)s, IRAs and Pension Plans
- 95% Federal Excise Tax on American Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- $52 Billion Income Tax Hike on Mid-Sized & Family Businesses
- Supersizing the IRS to Increase Audits – $124 Billion
KEEP IN MIND THAT VIRTUALLY EVERY SINGLE PENNY of this bill will ultimately be coming out of the consumer's pockets.
Remember this as you go to the polls this November.
You talking at me?

332193_image.jpg

EDKY2Ug.jpg

Republicans have an opportunity to call out this Student loan forgiveness debacle in the right way. Show how this doesn't address the actual high costs of colleges/universities, call out the billions in endowments that a lot of these institutions have, call out the government itself for driving up costs with continuous subsidies and backed loans, call out the ridiculous interest rates on these loans that the govt uses as their subsidies for ACA costs - and why can't they be discharged in bankruptcy.

This will not help the core issue, but they don't care. I mean, why try to make higher education more affordable? The institutions, lenders and the govt. need to be held accountable for this mess.

Of course, the Reps wont do this, and will just say the same talking points of "it's not fair to others". Right, it's not - but stop being reactionary to the Dems and start talking about why their **** is costly and doesn't solve the issue, and what would. Nope, they will just sit around and continue trying to just "own the libs" with talking points. JFC - **** off already.

Republicans have an opportunity to call out this Student loan forgiveness debacle in the right way. Show how this doesn't address the actual high costs of colleges/universities, call out the billions in endowments that a lot of these institutions have, call out the government itself for driving up costs with continuous subsidies and backed loans, call out the ridiculous interest rates on these loans that the govt uses as their subsidies for ACA costs - and why can't they be discharged in bankruptcy.

This will not help the core issue, but they don't care. I mean, why try to make higher education more affordable? The institutions, lenders and the govt. need to be held accountable for this mess.

Of course, the Reps wont do this, and will just say the same talking points of "it's not fair to others". Right, it's not - but stop being reactionary to the Dems and start talking about why their **** is costly and doesn't solve the issue, and what would. Nope, they will just sit around and continue trying to just "own the libs" with talking points. JFC - **** off already.
its like they are all one unified party.....are the long serving Republican leaders much different than Biden/Pelosi et al?

its like they are all one unified party.....are the long serving Republican leaders much different than Biden/Pelosi et al?
Of course they aren't. Same **** different day. I mean, how many times do we have to hear their talking points of small govt. yadda yadda - and yet when is the last time you have seen Reps in charge actually trying to make govt. smaller. I see them growing it as much as the Dems. They love them some big govt. power.

I will give the Dems one thing - they don't shy away from trying to take over "Red" states/cities. Reps are too busy running away from these areas and losing ground.

We already know that Mitch isn’t happy about all the Trumpers running for the Senate.
Mitch says “Harumph.”

I don't blame those that are strapped with these loans loving this idea, if Joe wanted to pay off my mortgage, I'd be for that as well.
But it certainly doesn't make it right. When I took out a mortgage, I get something in return, when a student takes out a loan, that isn't always guaranteed.
Like the abortion issue, Republicans have an opportunity to rationally address this, but will they? I'd start with discussing the cost of an education and why over the years it now costs double or even triple the rate of inflation, far exceeding wage increases over the years.

Mike Rowe

17h ·

I work hard on this page, (not as hard as I could, perhaps, but pretty hard), to avoid the politics of the moment, and comment only on topics that impact the foundation I’m proud to run – a foundation that awards work-ethic scholarships to individuals who choose to forego an expensive, four-year education in favor of a skilled trade. When I do weigh in, I try to acknowledge both sides of the argument, and make my points with as much respect as I can muster. Today, however, I can see only one side. Today, I can find nothing to respect in the President’s decision to transfer billions of dollars in outstanding student loans onto the backs of those people my foundation tries to assist - the same people I’ve spent the last twenty years profiling on Dirty Jobs.
With that in mind, I’m not going to write the piece I just sat down to write. Instead, I’m going to share the attached article from Charlie Cooke, who writes better than I do, and shares my disdain for what just happened. If you share our disdain, then please, share this post as well. This decision is without question, the biggest pre-Labor Day slap in the face to working people I've ever seen.
----
BIDEN'S STUDENT-DEBT BONFIRE IS A CLASSIST MESSAGE TO THE UNCREDENTIALED: SCREW 'EM
By Charlie Cooke
A few moments before I sat down to write this piece, I opened the door to six guys in blue shirts who had come to my house to replace our air-conditioning units. The Florida weather being what it is, I’ve seen some of these guys work on our air conditioners before, and they’re as skilled and knowledgeable and conscientious and hard-working as you might expect. The company they work for, which is local to North Florida, was started by a guy who chose to forgo college in favor of taking out a small-business loan to strike out on his own. Most of the technicians who work for him didn’t go to college, either. They took a different path. And, well . . . what absolute chumps the president has just made of them for that!
Squirm if you like, but that’s the truth of the matter: As of today, the six air-conditioning technicians in my house are on the hook for college loans that were signed for, spent, and enjoyed by other people. Confirming the measure today, President Biden announced that any American who has both college debt they vowed to repay and an individual yearly income under $125,000 (or a family yearly income under $250,000) will be given up to $20,000 by the Treasury — which means by you, and by me, and by everyone else who pays taxes in America.
Why? Well, that’s the question.
The answer can’t be, “because that’s what the relevant law anticipates or requires.” As of yet, Congress has provided no authorization for the executive branch to arbitrarily write off some of the money that borrowers owe to taxpayers. As of yet, Congress has passed no rules that allow down-on-their-luck presidents to throw money at people for political gain. As of yet, Congress has given no instruction that if the president’s friends might like a little more cash, he can raid the Treasury to give it to them. Certainly, Congress has set up a loan program. But the deal there is rather simple, all told: First you borrow, and then you pay back what you borrowed. There is no mention of “forgiveness” days or of “help” or of rolling Chekhovian jubilees, and by pretending otherwise, President Biden is making a mockery of his oath to uphold the Constitution.
Another answer that won’t fly is, “To lower the cost of education.” As President Biden made clear today, this is a one-time deal, a lottery, a lightning strike. People who paid off their loans last week aren’t covered. People who will take out new loans after the policy has run its course aren’t covered. The problems in the system aren’t addressed. The colleges, and their endowments, are left unmolested. American culture’s increasingly credentialist presumptions aren’t altered. Within four years, overall debt will return to its present level. With the stroke of a pen, the already-fake deficit savings within the Inflation Reduction Act will be wiped out. This isn’t a reform. It’s not even pretending to be reform. It’s a contemptuous, abusive, unbelievably expensive shot in the dark — the net effect of which will be that fewer people correctly calibrate whether college is worth it, fewer colleges change their offerings to meet market demand, and, because this sort of executive giveaway will now loom large as a possibility, fewer people feel the need to save for college.
It seems so arbitrary. Why does Biden not want to do the same thing for loans on trucks owned by plumbers? Why not for mortgages — which, given how heavily it subsidizes them, the federal government clearly thinks are worthwhile? Why not for credit cards or auto payments or mom-and-pop credit lines? The answer, I’m afraid to say, is disgustingly classist: Because Joe Biden and his party believe that college students are better than everyone else. Because Joe Biden and his party believe that college students are of a finer cut. Because Joe Biden and his party prefer college students to you, and they think that those students ought to be rewarded for that by being handed enormous gobs of your money.
Electricians, store managers, deli workers, landscapers, waitresses, mechanics, entrepreneurs? Screw ’em. Sure, college graduates make more money than non-graduates, and their unemployment rate is lower, too. But non-graduates don’t have access to the president, so they don’t matter. They’re tradesmen, the riff-raff, the great unwashed. They’re background noise, dirty-handed types, second-classers. They don’t deserve $10,000 in debt reduction. What would they even do with it? Go hunting? Give it to their church? Their role is to subsidize the superior people, and the superior people go to college.
Why did Joe Biden do all this? That’s why. Why was this what Joe Biden chose to break his oath to achieve? That’s why. When it came down to it, good ol’ Scranton Joe sent cash from the sort of people he cynically pretends to care about to the sort of people he actually cares about: the privileged, accredited, self-dealing clerisy that his ever-dwindling political party now calls its base.
May be an image of ‎3 people and ‎text that says '‎fr. Giribel TICaM タト cidee م drfo MAe/ a Faye 50 NR. (20+) ® The clome チとすガータ አብዬ sive Backfires Facebook Jobe DIScO... Crist? Weico AOL.COM YouTite White Educators ReasomTV-Mke-R.. -Miko-R.. Enough NR PLUS POLITICS POLICY POLITICS&POLICY Biden's Student-Debt Student Debt Bonfire Is a Classist Message to the Uncredentialed: Screw 'Em Share f E0 012INTE 0.9_าว_.. 264 Vacuraming- mp4 Vacuuming.‎'‎‎

Would it be cheaper to house, feed and clothe the entire population of homeless folks in the US?

If that isn't a good idea for a rich country, then how the hell is paying of loans of those who agreed to the same for self betterment?

I don't blame those that are strapped with these loans loving this idea, if Joe wanted to pay off my mortgage, I'd be for that as well.
But it certainly doesn't make it right. When I took out a mortgage, I get something in return, when a student takes out a loan, that isn't always guaranteed.
Like the abortion issue, Republicans have an opportunity to rationally address this, but will they? I'd start with discussing the cost of an education and why over the years it now costs double or even triple the rate of inflation, far exceeding wage increases over the years.
Not to worry, there is a plan for people like you and me afoot. Justin Trudeau, Klaus Schwab, and others at the World Economic Forum have a plan that by 2030 you will own nothing and be happy. They're serious.

All this and you BBQ too? You should run for local office 👏

I wrote about the effect of the government financing student debt on this forum probably 10 years ago. Here are the facts: the market price of any good or service does not really change absent a change in technology or delivery mechanism which affects the actual cost to produce the good or service and shifts the supply curve. If customers are willing to pay $10,000 per year for a college education, and the government agrees to loan students $10,000 per year for college, the colleges will now charge $20,000 because the customer is paying still paying market price for the good - $10,000 per year.

If the government tries to "fix" the problem it created by paying students $20,000 per year for college, the colleges will now charge $30,000 per year. Same analysis. That is what has driven up the cost of education over the past 40 years - the massive influx of government money in the form of loans, grants, subsidies, etc. that rocket the overall cost.

But here is a problem you ignore, NCS. Those Republicans who take on these issues and try to reduce the size of the Fed - such as Reagan trying to get rid of the Dept. of Education, or Ron Paul or Rand Paul trying to eliminate Fed services or departments - are subjected to the most vicious, relentless abuse known to man. They are called racists, fascists, people who hate kids, the media run endless stories about Mabel in Newark who relies on a Dept. of Education grant to finish high school and make her life better. These politicians are treated with outright contempt by the overwhelming power of the media + government + bureaucrats ganging together to destroy those who seek to diminish government. Just remember the reaction to Reagan when he said a Federal Dept. of Education was not necessary and a waste of taxpayer money - I do.

The simple fact of the matter is that the vast majority of politicians are afraid of losing the next election and are unwilling to risk their office to do what is right. Oh, and make no mistake - any politician who says that a government program should be eliminated will be excoriated relentlessly by (D)imbos and the media (but I repeat myself).

So yeah, Republicans need to grow a spine, lose elections to make a point, blah, blah. Got it. Did you vote for Ron Paul in 2008? Would you vote for Rand Paul for President today? If not, then admit you are part of the problem.

Steeltime,

It really is as simple as

nationalists who embody individual rights at all times
vs
globalists who seek group equality/rights at all times

And the people that lead each group are mostly similar to each other, and prefer to have "first among equal" benefits.

But here is a problem you ignore, NCS. Those Republicans who take on these issues and try to reduce the size of the Fed - such as Reagan trying to get rid of the Dept. of Education, or Ron Paul or Rand Paul trying to eliminate Fed services or departments - are subjected to the most vicious, relentless abuse known to man. They are called racists, fascists, people who hate kids, the media run endless stories about Mabel in Newark who relies on a Dept. of Education grant to finish high school and make her life better. These politicians are treated with outright contempt by the overwhelming power of the media + government + bureaucrats ganging together to destroy those who seek to diminish government. Just remember the reaction to Reagan when he said a Federal Dept. of Education was not necessary and a waste of taxpayer money - I do.

The simple fact of the matter is that the vast majority of politicians are afraid of losing the next election and are unwilling to risk their office to do what is right. Oh, and make no mistake - any politician who says that a government program should be eliminated will be excoriated relentlessly by (D)imbos and the media (but I repeat myself).

So yeah, Republicans need to grow a spine, lose elections to make a point, blah, blah. Got it. Did you vote for Ron Paul in 2008? Would you vote for Rand Paul for President today? If not, then admit you are part of the problem.

I will just say - not sure what you think I'm ignoring, but whatever. The main overall reach of both parties is pretty much the same with controlled opposition. Dems are progressive idiots trying to mash down the accelerator pedal - and Reps are progressives doing the speed limit. Which is why their "talking points" are always reactive. Now, there are some politicians on the Fed level that still believe in representing the people, and stopping govt. overreach. The issue is that there isn't enough of them - not that most Reps are scared to speak up because they might get attacked. Are you kidding me with that? If they are scared of relentless dem attacks and bow down - they should tuck their ******* tails and go hide under mommy's skirt.

....and yes, I voted for Paul in the primaries in 08 and 12. Unfortunately we ended up stuck with McCain and Mittens for those pres. elections. It was a hold my nose and vote moment for both.

I would also vote for Rand Paul for Pres. today - with Thomas Massie as VP.