• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Official Thread Dedicated to "Trump Winning"

Thanks for proving my point. She's only allowed on here when I die. It's in my will for her to logon and tell you guys that I've died. She is also instructed to logoff, set the computer on fire, and never think of this place again. :)

But we made her laugh. You told us. You'll die and we will get her on here. She'll be the life of the party. Can't wait!

I try to get Mrs. SteelerinLebanon on here but she may be to corrupting an influence for you angels on here. I have created a monster, politically she may be more conservative and radical than me in some ways and she would drink yinz under the table. Pretty funny for a shy girl who grew up Jehovah Witness lol. Cured her of that ****.

Former guy's legacy perfectly summed up in a single article. A must read for all freedom loving, conservative Americans. This should cause alarm bells to ring and yellow flags to wave, but it won't. Because you've settled into a false sense of security - and reality - that all's well on the GOP side.

Voting rights are threatened across the US and Trump allies are vying to control elections in multiple states. Can US democracy survive the post-Trump onslaught?

The new president, speaking from the spot where just two weeks earlier a pro-Trump mob had stormed the US Capitol, promised that the worst was over in a battered, bruised yet resilient Washington.

But now, four and a half months later the alarm bells are sounding on American democracy again. Even as the coronavirus retreats, the pandemic of Trump’s “big lie” about a stolen election spreads, manifest in Republicans’ blocking of a commission to investigate the insurrection. And state after state is imposing new voting restrictions and Trump allies are now vying to run future election themselves.

With Republicans still in thrall to Trump and odds-on to win control of the House of Representatives next year, there are growing fears that his presidency was less a historical blip than a harbinger of systemic decline.

“There was a momentary sigh of relief but the level of anxiety is actually strangely higher now than in 2016 in the sense that it’s not just about one person but there are broader structural issues,” said Daniel Ziblatt, co-author of How Democracies Die. “The weird emails that I get are more ominous now than they were in 2016: there seems to be a much deeper level of misinformation and conspiracy theories.”

Just hours after the terror of 6 January, 147 Republicans in Congress voted to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election despite no evidence of irregularities. Trump was impeached for inciting the violence but Senate Republicans ensured his acquittal – a fork in the road where the party could have chosen another destiny.

As Trump continued to push his false claims of election fraud, rightwing media and Republican state parties fell into line. A farcical “audit” of votes is under way in Arizona with more states threatening to follow suit. Trump is reportedly so fixated on the audits that he has even suggested – wrongly – he could be reinstated as president later this year.

Perhaps more insidiously, Trump supporters who tried to overturn the 2020 election are maneuvering to serve as election officials in swing states such as Arizona, Georgia, Michigan and Nevada. If they succeed in becoming secretaries of state, they would exercise huge influence over the conduct of future elections and certifying their results. Some moderate Republican secretaries of state were crucial bulwarks against Trump’s toxic conspiracy theories last year.

The offensive is coupled with a dramatic and sweeping assault on voting rights. Republican-controlled state legislatures have rammed through bills that make it harder to vote in states such as Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Iowa and Montana. Their all-out effort in Texas was temporarily derailed when Democrats walked out of the chamber, denying them a quorum.

Ziblatt, a political scientist at Harvard University, commented: “The most worrying threat is at the state level, the effort to change voting rules, which I think is prompted by the failed effort to alter the election outcome of 2020.

“The lesson Republicans have learnt from that is they don’t really suffer any electoral consequences from their base pursuing this kind of thing. In fact, they’re rewarded for it. That’s very ominous because that suggests they’ll continue to try to do this until they pay an electoral price for it, and so far they don’t sense they’re paying an electoral price for it.”

Where is this authoritarian ecosystem heading? For many, the nightmare scenario is that Trump will run again in 2024 and, with the benefit of voter suppression, sneak a win in the electoral college as he did in 2016. If that fails, plan B would be for a Republican-controlled House to refuse to certify a Democratic winner and overturn the result in Trump’s favour.

Disputed presidential elections have been thrown to the House before, Ziblatt noted. “It’s not unprecedented but in those earlier periods you had two parties that were constitutional, fully democratic parties. The thought of having a dispute like that when one of the parties is only questionably committed to democratic rules and norms is very frightening.”

Cont. in link.

I try to get Mrs. SteelerinLebanon on here but she may be to corrupting an influence for you angels on here. I have created a monster, politically she may be more conservative and radical than me in some ways and she would drink yinz under the table.

Well you tell her we triple dog dare her! Hope you at least show her the Hungarian Halfwit's tripe for her to laugh at. Good, hardcore conservatives shouldn't be denied the free entertainment that is Fibs.

Former guy's legacy perfectly summed up in a single article. A must read for all freedom loving, conservative Americans.

A dirty Hungarian (just suggestive political imagery) citing a UK-based liberal rag talking about freedom loving Americans.

This **** just writes itself.

You can't stop, can you SteelWorth(less)? Is this a sexual thing, that you get some perverse, erotic pleasure from being my little *****? I haven't had someone with a crush on me like this since jr. high. It's quite flattering, wish there was more I could do for you. Should I send you a few pictures you can print out and mount above your bed, to look over you while you pleasure yourself fantasizing about me? Let me know, I'll see what I can do. I'm honored, to be living in your head like this, at all hours of the day, truly am.

:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

You're a lunatic. Thankfully you don't live in America.

No joke, Steelworth, you literally can't stop. You've been sucked into a vortex, replying to every. single. thing. I post on here. I'm your ball and chain, the anchor around your neck.

The next time you find yourself wanting to write my name, or reply to a post of mine, just fight the urge. Put down the mouse, walk away.

Unchain & free yourself, Steelworth, it's not too late. Life is too short. Enjoy your freedom, stretch your limbs, walk around a bit, take a deep breath.

And by no means click on the Post Reply button. Just don't do it.

You'll see, it's gonna be okay.

1622920102884.png

Everyone hated you in Jr high too?

Your wife will not be happy with your latent homosexual advances. You're becoming eerily like Steelworth, just obsessing with a dude on a messageboard. What is it with you people? Is there something in the drinking water?

Your wife will not be happy with your latent homosexual advances. You're becoming eerily like Steelworth, just obsessing with a dude on a messageboard. What is it with you people? Is there something in the drinking water?
You're a racist and a homophobe?

No joke, Steelworth, you literally can't stop. You've been sucked into a vortex, replying to every. single. thing. I post on here. I'm your ball and chain, the anchor around your neck.

Next thing you know, I'll be hiding under your bed!

I'll give you this: you at least try (really hard BTW). Poor thing. You just weren't born with a creative, witty or humorous gene.

And what's with this homosexual fascination you have? Chalk another creepy one up for you.

You're a racist and a homophobe?

Nah man, you do you. It's a free country, live however you want. Most importantly, be yourself, Booted. (y)

Nah man, you do you. It's a free country, live however you want. Most importantly, be yourself, Booted. (y)

That's confusing. "It's a free country"

Which country? America, where you do not reside? Hungary? Great Britain?

That's confusing. "It's a free country"

Which country? America, where you do not reside? Hungary? Great Britain?

Most of the western world is comprised of free countries, thank God. Including my country, the United States of America, as well as the country I currently reside in, Hungary, and all of the EU.

Most of the western world is comprised of free countries, thank God. Including my country, the United States of America, as well as the country I currently reside in, Hungary, and all of the EU.

You said "It's" a free country. Just trying to understand your stance. You often speak as if you are on the ground here, which you are not, and in the know about what's going on here, which you are not.

Perhaps "We all live in free countries" may have been more apropos. "It's" indicates you're here operating under the same set of rules and laws. You're not.

You said "It's" a free country. Just trying to understand your stance. You often speak as if you are on the ground here, which you are not, and in the know about what's going on here, which you are not. Perhaps "We all live in free countries" may have been more apropos. "It's" indicates you're here operating under the same set of rules and laws. You're not.

It's a colloquial phrase, Tim. Stop twisting in pretzels trying to explain it to yourself. It's not that complex of a sentiment. Geez.

And as an American living abroad, I have all the Constitutional rights as anyone stateside. Just as my vote counts exactly as much as yours. I know that chaps your hide, sorry to cause you so much grief and discomfort.

It's a colloquial phrase, Tim. Stop twisting in pretzels trying to explain it to yourself. It's not that complex of a sentiment. Geez.

And as an American living abroad, I have all the Constitutional rights as anyone stateside. Just as my vote counts exactly as much as yours. I know that chaps your hide, sorry to cause you so much grief and discomfort.

Oh we are all aware you have those rights. We just object to your non-stop, holier-than-thou preaching to resident Americans about life here.....you know...when you don't live here and have a far less vested interest.

And as an American living abroad, I have all the Constitutional rights as anyone stateside. Just as my vote counts exactly as much as yours.

You just don't have to do any of the heavy lifting, like you know, paying taxes, following the rule of law - or physically being here to witness first-hand what's happening to this country.

But you're an American Patriot who worships American Patriots - like those charlatans Avenatti and Fraudci. It actually makes perfect sense as you yourself are a charlatan.