• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Official Thread Dedicated to "Trump Winning"

What is best place, and reasonable price to live in FL? Thinking 3-4 down the line I’d be looking for a new.
I'd be buying now if I was thinking of relocating. I had the same idea, but thinking Wilmington, NC, but I wasn't the only one thinking that way and prices have exploded.

What is best place, and reasonable price to live in FL? Thinking 3-4 down the line I’d be looking for a new.
It depends on what you're looking for. If you don't have kids in school then it's a lot easier for options.

I'm in Saint Johns County. The schools are best rated in the state. It has also blown up and is the top 10 counties in the country for growth.Prices have over doubled and they're building developments like it's going out of style. Most of them look like resorts. A lot of golf cart communities as well.

If you go inland a little farther you nice big state forest, many freshwater springs and solitude. The prices are much better away from civilization.

South Florida is a madhouse. Just too many people,traffic and a full tropical zone from Orlando down.

You do have remote places as well. Just got south of Orlando or south of Tampa away from the coast.

Anyplace on or near the beach is the best place in my book..haha. It's the most chill environment and most people are very cool....**** if you can't chill living at the beach,you have major issues.

Tallahassee, Gainesville and toward Pensacola are very country like and heavily wooded. We have a **** ton of live oaks to go with our swamps.

Last edited:
The three to 4 is bc of the kid. She would graduate by then, and we would be living in this big *** house just the two of us.

The value (currently) has doubled, I’m sure soon when it pops it’s going down but that’s why I’m just looking / thinking.

I can (currently) work anywhere. If my *** cuts the cut soon who knows. Wife is good to be anywhere and get job.

It depends on what you're looking for. If you don't have kids in school then it's a lot easier for options.

I'm in Saint Johns County. The schools are best rated in the state. It has also blown up and is the top 10 counties in the state. Prices have over doubled and they're building developments like it's going out of style. Most of them look like resorts. A lot of golf cart communities as well.

If you go inland a little farther you nice big state forest, many freshwater springs and solitude. The prices are much better away from civilization.

South Florida is a madhouse. Just too many people,traffic and a full tropical zone from Orlando down.

You do have remote places as well. Just got south of Orlando or south of Tampa away from the coast.

Anyplace on or near the beach is the best place in my book..haha. It's the most chill environment and most people are very cool....**** if you can't chill living at the beach,you have major issues.

Tallahassee, Gainesville and toward Pensacola are very country like and heavily wooded. We have a **** ton of live oaks to go with our swamps.
Thinking kinda close to good beaches and stuff.

Fernandina Beach,St.Agustine Beach,Ponte Vedra Beach,Daytona Beach,Palm Beach...These are the ones I know best on the Eastside of Florida.

The Gulf Side had some amazing beaches as well.

The biggest positive thing about Northeast Florida is that it's the best spot for NOT getting smashed by hurricanes..haha

Fernandina Beach,St.Agustine Beach,Ponte Vedra Beach,Daytona Beach,Palm Beach...These are the ones I know best on the Eastside of Florida.

The Gulf Side had some amazing beaches as well.

The biggest positive thing about Northeast Florida is that it's the best spot for NOT getting smashed by hurricanes..haha
When in Daytona, stop by the Oyster Pub.

I'm in Saint Johns County. The schools are best rated in the state. It has also blown up and is the top 10 counties in the country for growth.Prices have over doubled and they're building developments like it's going out of style. Most of them look like resorts. A lot of golf cart communities as well.

He's right about south Florida ( both coasts ) being almost intolerable if you don't like congestion. Florida has a lot of positives but it has it's share of negatives too. Right now the weather is hot and humid with more bugs and mosquitos than is sometimes tolerable. This is pretty short lived though, like winter in da Burgh. People tend to overlook the home insurance picture also, be aware it can be a problem so do yur homework.

I would stay clear of Miami, Orlando and the Clearwater-St pete areas myself but most towns in Florida have pleasant affordable areas to settle down in with a lot of of the amenities you would want. The west coast between Tampa and Tallahassee is pretty much the last frontier, just like the east coast from Melbourne to St Augustine a couple years ago even so, there are many nice places still open there also.

I'm just east of Gainesville in a blue collar area called Interlachen. I call it the woods cause it is basically woods and little ponds/lakes with very little industry. Centrally located between Jacksonville, Ocala, st Augustine and Gainesville. The nearest little town is Palatka, the only shopping close enough to travel to and get a decent meal ( 20 miles ). It too is exploding almost as fast as Ocala with new businesses opening every day.

Be careful and remember the old business adage... you can get cheap, fast and good but you can only pick two.

th

President Trump is going be interviewed by Tucker instead of debating the irrelevant bottom feeders.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-plans-skip-republican-debate-170913910.html

Anyone want to bet, oh I don’t know…maybe $50 that he draws a bigger audience than the rinos?
DeSantis is not a rino. He would actually make for a better president than Trump. If they take Trump out. Everyone will need to get behind him. This country will not survive 4 more years of Biden or any other far leftist goon they want to stick in.

DeSantis is not a rino. He would actually make for a better president than Trump. If they take Trump out. Everyone will need to get behind him. This country will not survive 4 more years of Biden or any other far leftist goon they want to stick in.
I’m starting to come off pulling the handle for the governor of Florida, and am leaning ever so slightly towards Ramaswamy ..at the moment ..

He seems to be funded by the guys that fund the RINOs. Just sayin'

He's right about south Florida ( both coasts ) being almost intolerable if you don't like congestion. Florida has a lot of positives but it has it's share of negatives too. Right now the weather is hot and humid with more bugs and mosquitos than is sometimes tolerable. This is pretty short lived though, like winter in da Burgh. People tend to overlook the home insurance picture also, be aware it can be a problem so do yur homework.

I would stay clear of Miami, Orlando and the Clearwater-St pete areas myself but most towns in Florida have pleasant affordable areas to settle down in with a lot of of the amenities you would want. The west coast between Tampa and Tallahassee is pretty much the last frontier, just like the east coast from Melbourne to St Augustine a couple years ago even so, there are many nice places still open there also.

I'm just east of Gainesville in a blue collar area called Interlachen. I call it the woods cause it is basically woods and little ponds/lakes with very little industry. Centrally located between Jacksonville, Ocala, st Augustine and Gainesville. The nearest little town is Palatka, the only shopping close enough to travel to and get a decent meal ( 20 miles ). It too is exploding almost as fast as Ocala with new businesses opening every day.

Be careful and remember the old business adage... you can get cheap, fast and good but you can only pick two.

th
When I was a young punk at ERAU, I used to fly into Palatka and Ocala all the time. The power plant was an easy landmark. Glad you found a good spot to call home.

President Trump is going be interviewed by Tucker instead of debating the irrelevant bottom feeders.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-plans-skip-republican-debate-170913910.html

Anyone want to bet, oh I don’t know…maybe $50 that he draws a bigger audience than the rinos?
Yeah, that be a sucker bet fo sho. Imagine listening to Christy and Pence for any length of time.....no thanks. I don't care if nobody votes for DeSantis, jus leave him right where he is. Ramsy, and Scott are OK, Haley is questionable IMO but yeah....yawn. Tucker and Trump will draw 2 to 1 easy.

yimZwOC.jpg

He’s certainly not as anti-establishment / drain the swamp as Trump is, not even close. Just look at what the uniparty is throwing at Trump. They’re scared to death. That makes the choice easy.

I’m starting to come off pulling the handle for the governor of Florida, and am leaning ever so slightly towards Ramaswamy ..at the moment ..
Can’t trust Indians. (dot not feather, don’t tomahawk my *** Warriors)

He’s certainly not as anti-establishment / drain the swamp as Trump is, not even close. Just look at what the uniparty is throwing at Trump. They’re scared to death. That makes the choice easy.

They will not let Trump become president again. It's pretty clear the lengths they're willing to go, from the 2020 election until now.