• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Paul Manafort tax evasion trial.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Have followed the Manafort trial a bit, but not TDS-obsessively. Here is what I know:

1. The key witness against Manafort, Gates, is ***-deep in the corruption.
  2. Gates was promised immunity relative to charges that could have put him in jail for 40+ years.
  3. Gates is a liar and a thief. Anybody who doubts that is simply not paying attention.
  4. Manafort connived and maneuvered to avoid paying millions in taxes. Anybody who doubts that is not paying attention.

Okay. Millionaires lying and scheming and cheating and dodging and avoiding millions in taxes. **** those guys.

So how about we expose Obama and Clinton and Biden and my favorite billionaire, Feinstein, to the same inquiry?!?

Let's get it on. All of these corrupt ************* subject to the same treatment as the low-level, finagling ******** Gates and Manafort.

So who disagrees with that proposal?? Every ******* elected representative who joined the government a pauper and somehow, after earning $183,000 per year is a ******* millionaire with a ******* mansion and a ******* helicopter ... how about explaining that?!?

Tibs, Trog, 21 - you with me?? If not, explain yourself, please.

That trial is a chum slinging shark hunt. Mueller is a shady snake. Anyone with a shred of common sense knows that Hillary, the DNC, the FBI, Obama and the DOJ are the ones guilty of corruption. And treason. Justice will be served eventually.

That trial is a chum slinging shark hunt. Mueller is a shady snake. Anyone with a shred of common sense knows that Hillary, the DNC, the FBI, Obama and the DOJ are the ones guilty of corruption. And treason. Justice will be served eventually.

Indy, I think you are overlooking the possible benefit to this whole ****-show.

Yep, millionaires doing **** the rest of us cannot get away with. So how about we turn our attention to those who BECAME MILLIONAIRES BY USING THEIR ELECTED OFFICE TO REACH THAT LEVEL OF WEALTH?!? Isn't that what we should really care about, rather than two guys playing the system in 2010 and 2012 or some such ****??

Indy, I think you are overlooking the possible benefit to this whole ****-show.

Yep, millionaires doing **** the rest of us cannot get away with. So how about we turn our attention to those who BECAME MILLIONAIRES BY USING THEIR ELECTED OFFICE TO REACH THAT LEVEL OF WEALTH?!? Isn't that what we should really care about, rather than two guys playing the system in 2010 and 2012 or some such ****??

No, I agree, and it’s tied into the lobby corruption racket. All that **** needs to be shut down.

Every millionaire, be they democrats or republicans, seems to be in a really high tax bracket, yet pay way lower percentages in taxes than middle class people... they definitely do shady stuff... but no one looks at that unless they want to nail them over something else.... taxes are the go to slam dunk because our tax structure begs for cheating and manipulation.... and yes, at this point why not witch hunt every politician... at least then both sides can cry about all their people being proven corrupt and shady... and it will be a little fair...

It does sound like Manafort/Gates went a little above and beyond normal tax shelters and tax manipulation.

Personally, I don't like the tact Mueller used because Gates is just as much of a slime ball as Manafort and both should go to jail. The cutting a deal just to get to Manafort is wrong and THAT part is very politically motivated (even Tibs should admit to this).

I think the evidence was strong against both and both should have been prosecuted strongly. Hell, everyone in that accounting firm (including the CEO) should be suspended for at least 5 years. I think if you really wanted to stop this, you have to go after everyone in the chain. Too many people in the industry know when they are doing something illegal, they can just turncoat on those above them in the chain and go right back to making millions the next month.

Here's what I don't understand. Manafort has been doing criminal **** for better part of a decade (at least). He SHOULD be on trial as far as I am concerned. The part I don't get is why it took 10 years and a special government counsel to find this stuff. There are tax cheats that the government is well aware are tax cheats. And yet they walk around with impunity, and still don't pay taxes. How do they get away with this **** for so long?

Here's what I don't understand. Manafort has been doing criminal **** for better part of a decade (at least). He SHOULD be on trial as far as I am concerned. The part I don't get is why it took 10 years and a special government counsel to find this stuff. There are tax cheats that the government is well aware are tax cheats. And yet they walk around with impunity, and still don't pay taxes. How do they get away with this **** for so long?
Agree, and this should have been referred to the local DA. No reason Mueller should be involved in this. Why is the special counsel appointed to investigate Russian collusion involved with this? Probably just following up on the usual threats - give me something on Trump or I am prosecuting your ***..

Agree, and this should have been referred to the local DA. No reason Mueller should be involved in this. Why is the special counsel appointed to investigate Russian collusion involved with this? Probably just following up on the usual threats - give me something on Trump or I am prosecuting your ***..

Yeah the pllitical aspect of this gives Manafort a potential loophole to get through... one he doesn’t deserve imo...

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...e_came_out_of_the_white_house_dead_broke.html

HILLARY CLINTON: Well, if you -- you have no reason to remember, but we came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt. We had no money when we got there and we struggled to, you know, piece together the resources for mortgages for houses, for Chelsea's education, you know, it was not easy. Bill has worked really hard and it's been amazing to me. He's worked very hard, first of all, we had to pay off all our debts which was, you know, we had to make double the money because of obviously taxes, and pay you have at debts, and get us houses and take care of family members.

https://www.bankrate.com/lifestyle/...residential-nominee-hillary-clinton-is-worth/
Hillary Clinton’s net worth is $45 million
Hillary Clinton’s speeches before companies and business groups often net her six-figure speaking fees. Book deals and consulting jobs also have brought in a fair amount of income, for both Clintons.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-book-sales-records_us_59c2aa01e4b063b253176170
ccording to an Associated Press report verified by HuffPost, former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s recently released book about her defeat at the hands of now-President Donald Trump has sold more than 300,000 copies across hardcover, ebook and audio formats.

59c2ca0e1c0000240079f7e6.jpeg

https://www.amazon.com/What-Happene...sr=8-1&keywords=hillary+clinton+what+happened

her book sells for as much as $16.99.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danafe...n-election-loss-to-donald-trump/#3bd6df7e322d

The Clintons have already earned well over $23 million cumulative for previous books. Bill Clinton collected a $15 million advance for his post-presidency memoir, My Life, and the then-Senator Clinton obtained an $8 million book deal with Simon & Schuster for her own memoir.

Last edited:

I think the plan is to try and put the squeeze to get info on Trump. I laugh when the news reports this as "part of the Russia investigation." This is in no way, shape or form part of that farce. This is an attempt to get **** on Trump. Period.

Modern day McCarthyism... everyone who doesn’t have the right Party affiliation had better watch their *****... you republicans are target A.. but us independents are every bit as evil and despicable... if you don’t think like them and support their causes you are an enemy...

At least Manafort is scummy... but eventually any dissent will be criminal if we allow this path to be taken... they will find something on you....

Still waiting for Mueller to look into Hillary's astonishing wealth for doing ... uhhh, yeah, for building ... hmm, maybe for practicing law, yeah, no ... how about for what elected offices she held and what government positions she had?

Oh, can't look into that, can we? Or look into the same issues for Bernie and Obama and Feinstein.

"What do you do for a living?"

"I'm an organizer."

"What the **** is that supposed to mean? Jesus, you must be as poor as dirt."

"No, I was elected a couple of times and I'm worth $140 million."

"????????????????"

I think there's a scam going with these "book deals" and some major up front money. I don't know one ******* person that has read Hillary's book, yet it's worth millions to a publisher? The dollars don't add up....