• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The price of food

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I was shopping yesterday and a pound of turkey was $15.00 I joked that I am not buying Lobster and the guy behind the counter said, " I work in seafood too. That's $55.00 a pound. " The coffee I drink is $11.00 for 12 ounces. That is less than a pound for those keeping score at home.

At the cashier I joked that soon they will be changing money to use a shopping cart, and she said," Oh we don't but some of our competitors do " Then she asked me to make a donation.

The price of food in the Biden economy. Massive inflation. The price of food has never gone down in my life time. Meanwhile my 401k is losing money when you factor in 2023 prices. Food is but the tip of the iceberg.

I was shopping yesterday and a pound of turkey was $15.00 I joked that I am not buying Lobster and the guy behind the counter said, " I work in seafood too. That's $55.00 a pound. " The coffee I drink is $11.00 for 12 ounces. That is less than a pound for those keeping score at home.

At the cashier I joked that soon they will be changing money to use a shopping cart, and she said," Oh we don't but some of our competitors do " Then she asked me to make a donation.

The price of food in the Biden economy. Massive inflation. The price of food has never gone down in my life time. Meanwhile my 401k is losing money when you factor in 2023 prices. Food is but the tip of the iceberg.
Audi makes you pay a quarter for a cart, but you get it back if you return the cart. You also have to bring your own bags and load the cart yourself. Nobody stalks the shelves. Everything is in boxes, and you just take what you want out of the box.

this is another great reason to grow your own. If you look in my basement you would think I am a doomsdayer or something, but I just like to be prepared.

in my basement right now is about 3 months' worth of Potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, okra, corn jalapenos, peppers, salsa, squash all from last years garden.
and this years garden is starting to produce.

this is another great reason to grow your own. If you look in my basement you would think I am a doomsdayer or something, but I just like to be prepared.

in my basement right now is about 3 months' worth of Potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, okra, corn jalapenos, peppers, salsa, squash all from last years garden.
I am setting up the same thing. It's hard because I just moved. Are you growing them in the basement, or just storing them there?

I am setting up the same thing. It's hard because I just moved. Are you growing them in the basement, or just storing them there?
Toms/peeps/ squash started in basement with grow lights. Grown outside in raised beds or tubs. Stored in basement.
Canned, or frozen. Potatoes, squash are mostly stored in dark area in basement whole

Typical chicken nuggets today contain wood pulp, seaweed, and some chicken product. We don't know the percentages. Will the new synthetic chicken nuggets contain those same percentages or will the manufacturers provide even higher percentages of wood pulp and seaweed, to enhance the appeal of these new synthetic chicken nuggets?

Audi makes you pay a quarter for a cart, but you get it back if you return the cart. You also have to bring your own bags and load the cart yourself. Nobody stalks the shelves. Everything is in boxes, and you just take what you want out of the box.

That is nothing. Ever order out food for pickup? Some places slip in a .50 cent pick up charge. Really? I give your business and pick up my own food and I have to pay for this extra non-sense? Check your receipts. It is in South Florida and it could spread.

That is nothing. Ever order out food for pickup? Some places slip in a .50 cent pick up charge. Really? I give your business and pick up my own food and I have to pay for this extra non-sense? Check your receipts. It is in South Florida and it could spread.
All that packaging, containers, plasticware bags and such raise the restaurant's costs. Yes, it cost the business more to pack food to go.

All that packaging, containers, plasticware bags and such raise the restaurant's costs. Yes, it cost the business more to pack food to go.
At least all that "to go" packaging is environmentally friendly!

Alot of those charges are from your county not the restaurant.
Some counties set a set amount that the restaurant must charge for paper, plastic, Styrofoam containers.
If the restaurant does not charge for these then they are fined.

Napinks to go are free. What a minute, the moved all items behind the cashier. People must have been " using them " too much. I was unaware my county laws changed so quickly. Next the will charge to go to the bathroom. Chalk it up under the " patrons " charge.

Napinks to go are free. What a minute, the moved all items behind the cashier. People must have been " using them " too much. I was unaware my county laws changed so quickly. Next the will charge to go to the bathroom. Chalk it up under the " patrons " charge.
I do not know the county you live in. I live in MD. the county I work in, If I go to a grocery store, they charge .10 a bag for plastic, .05 a bag for paper. Restaurants charge the same.
The county I live in does not. they are side by side. It really depends on the county you live in.

I do not know the county you live in. I live in MD. the county I work in, If I go to a grocery store, they charge .10 a bag for plastic, .05 a bag for paper. Restaurants charge the same.
The county I live in does not. they are side by side. It really depends on the county you live in.
Or what country. Here is the USA we don't get charged for that stuff.

Or what country. Here is the USA we don't get charged for that stuff.
We used to not be charged for this stuff. Many States/Counties have for years. It is coming your way. unfortunately it will probs be everywhere bfore long

Napkins, bags ect...Are not free. Never were. It cost the business money and they pass that on to the customers. Now, they can just raise the price of the item or they can list extra charges separately . Either way, you're paying for it. Nothing is free. Not napkins, not straws, not salt & pepper not the ice in your drink. You're paying for it.

Come to Poland. **** here is cheap. Except gas. Gas is definitely not cheap.

In Europe you pay extra for ketchup for your fries because it’s considered a luxury.

We have a chicken coop, but baby chicks are always sold out.

We have a chicken coop, but baby chicks are always sold out.
I trade fresh and canned veggies to a neighbor for eggs. Have not bought enough a store egg in 5 years